• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal Revelation

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I've held unusual beliefs in the past so it would be hypocritical for me to bash your unusual beliefs

And it doesn't seem like your beliefs stop you from functioning
Just out of curiosity and a bit off topic, would you consider Christianity an unusual belief? Personally, I would consider it unusual with all the miracles and stuff.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity and a bit off topic, would you consider Christianity an unusual belief? Personally, I would consider it unusual with all the miracles and stuff.
I think it would be unusual if only a small handful of people believed it and if it was only a very new belief system

But it is 2,000 years old and there are billions of Christians so I think that stops it from being unusual

I think that much of its content isn't any more outlandish than that of other faiths, it doesn't have a monopoly on things that are hard to believe

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Even though it’s not perfect, it’s all we got, which is better than nothing. I can think of many things in my life that I have found joy in. Lastly, it’s the way God made things so really I have no say in the matter.
I think that if what you say is true then life is bleak and meaningless

What's the point of people doing anything to improve the world if the world is going to end when you yourself die?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
They have impact now and they will next time as well.
Not for long though

According to you nothing anyone does will last

If everyone believed the world will end in a few decades then there would be no reason to improve it

Why bother?????

I don't think your beliefs are very helpful

All they do is promote a very short-termed outlook

Jimmy

Veteran Member
[/QUOTE]
Not for long though

According to you nothing anyone does will last

If everyone believed the world will end in a few decades then there would be no reason to improve it

Why bother?????

I don't think your beliefs are very helpful

All they do is promote a very short-termed outlook
Long enough…

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Long enough…
[/QUOTE]

I think a belief can be judged by the good in the world that it inspires.....

The belief that the whole entire world will fall out of existence when you yourself die does not inspire people to do good things indeed it does quite the reverse

Jimmy

Veteran Member
@Eddi
Doing good things is never bad. The world will fall into existence shortly after and we can do good things again.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
@Eddi
Doing good things is never bad. The world will fall into existence shortly after and we can do good things again.
I didn't say they would be bad

I said there would be no point in everyone committing to improving conditions on our planet if they knew it would all end when you die

Such an outlook would take away the reason for improving our world

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I didn't say they would be bad

I said there would be no point in everyone committing to improving conditions on our planet if they knew it would all end when you die

Such an outlook would take away the reason for improving our world
Don’t worry, nobody’s gonna believe it. Haha.