• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photogallery: Lebanon now

kai

ragamuffin
Djamila said:
Better than apartheid, and certainly better today that any other country in the region.
some parts of Israel are very multi cultural like--- Haifa

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
gracie said:
i know, Djamila. it's grotesque, and tragic. Lebanon is a beautiful country. a beacon of inter-religious possibility and home to many of the seeds of Christianity. and it's given the world so many good, lasting treasures. we all have a responsibility for helping and praying for the people affected by this war.

I'm going to go, remember these words. I don't know if I should volunteer for the Red Crescent or some other group. It's so hard to avoid working for Hezbollah in Lebanon, and I refuse to do it. There is a district in Beirut where many wealthy Bosnians have their winter homes, and I'm certain they have a community charity organization established - Bosnians do that everywhere they go. That would be ideal for me.

I want to wait until the process of rebuilding has started, though. I have a husband, a young niece, all of these responsibilities that must become part of my decisions. So I can't go while there is still a danger. Also, I know from Bosnia's experience that the worst of it is typically a year or so after the war - as we witness everywhere (New Orleans, today, for example).

A year on, there's just something that happens. I think people's grief finally sets in, or something. I'd like to be there then - I just don't want to be another Rachel Corrie. We can do so much more towards justice and tolerance and freedom and all of these good qualities while we are alive.

deekellan

I think we're missing the Big Picture here. The point is that an Israeli Soldier rescued a cat. That is one more example of how people care for everything, not just themselves. I mean, look at him! He's a trained killer and he rescued a kitten. He wants good things for the whole world. He's not trying to harm. He wants to help.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Djamila has a distinct tendency to ignore the rogue Hezbully factions running rampant in Lebanon. It's not like the Lebanese Military is warmly welcomed in Hezbully occupied areas. After all is said and done, Israel is not against Lebanon, she is against the rabid members of Hezbully and their misguided political ambitions.