• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A few emails ...

What If You Are Your Own Source of Truth? | Heavenletters

To See the World As God Does See the World | Heavenletters

Plus this -

It is said that when Buddha attained enlightenment, all he wanted to do was to show the rest of us the nature of mind and share completely what he had realized. But he also saw, with the great sorrow of infinite compassion, how difficult it would be for us to understand.

For even though we have the same inner nature as Buddha, we have not recognized it because it is so enclosed and wrapped up in our individual ordinary minds.

Imagine an empty vase. The space inside is exactly the same as the space outside. Only the fragile walls of the vase separate one from the other. Our buddha mind is enclosed within the walls of our ordinary mind. But when we become enlightened, it is as if the vase shatters into pieces. The space “inside” merges instantly into the space “outside.” They become one: There and then we realize that they were never separate or different; they were always the same.

Cheers

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Idea for some snoopy cartoons to the humour thread ...

d51fc87368771608d45e2d3ee14391fe--peanuts-cartoon-peanuts-comics.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A couple of books - as if I need ANY more :) -

In my memoir I share the story of how I transformed my life, offering my spiritual journey as a guidebook for overcoming fear, changing perceptions, and creating a life you’re psyched to wake up for. I traded self-doubt and addiction for a new kind of high.

https://gabbybernstein.com/shop/books/