• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Trust yourself. At the root, at the core, there is pure sanity, pure openness. Don’t trust what you have been taught, what you think, what you believe, what you hope. Deeper than that, trust the silence of your being.”

~ Gangaji

That comes from a HUGE site with more quotes than you can poke a stick at! -

Quotes | Universoul Awakening

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found some gems for books2.htm - James Twyman site and YouTube! - could post - you forget how wonderful that reading was - "Emissary of Light" ... book reviews and interviews with authors ..

Also Youtube - what a wonderful world

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For the quotes thread? -

"Love is a knowing, a pure understanding. It knows that all things are whole, regardless of their appearance or delusion, and it gives itself wholly, without judgement, without recognizing the difference between this relationship or that. It understands that there is only one real relationship and it is the one we all share, the Self that is beyond the thought or the idea of Love, the holy encounter of life with life. The secret of unconditional love is that we are all the same, holy beyond imagination. This is what the release of fear reveals. This is what you are all looking for. And this is what you will find when you open your heart to every element of creation."

~ from "Emissary of Light" by James Twyman

Yes - I had goose-bumps reading that book!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For the "Siddhartha's Brain" thread -

As we have seen, the objective of mindfulness is to turn one's attention towards troublesome sensations and feelings in a spirit of open-minded curiosity, rather than ignore them, try to squash them or get caught up in them. Buddhists believe this mental attitude facilitates the "fading" or "cessation" of emotions such as craving, anxiety hatred and anger.

It's a great read!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Overnight ... my over-active imagination started 2 think about the possibility of some negative responses to the word "soul" in the soul food thread ...

Then I check in the next morning and none are negative or argumentative ... so hardly need this -

Thanks for all the feed-back I guess.

It was not my intention to start a mass debate about whether human beings possess souls.

The way I look at it is fairly simple:

Without a soul, you wouldn't be able to experience joy & laughter & love & curiosity etc etc ...

But people should feel free to disagree with me. Our beliefs are naturally shaped by our experiences and I have probly had experiences that are VERY different from many of you! :)

I mainly called this thread "Soul Food" because that is the title of the book I quoted from.

Then that Tiny Buddha interview link - getting back to the original intention of this thread

:)

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sent this one to Pam and the gang - I know what it is like 2 struggle ...

Its-okay-to-struggle.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The world as a whole has forgotten the real meaning of the word love. Love has been so abused and crucified by man that very few people know what true love is. Just as oil is present in every part of the olive, so love permeates every part of creation. But to define love is very difficult, for the same reason that words cannot fully describe the flavor of an orange. You have to taste the fruit to know its flavor. So with love."

~ Paramahansa Yogananda