• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Could add a bit to this thread! -

Happiness

Would not have probly found it if I had waited to log on at my usual time ...

Did post number 9 - world's happiest man!

:)

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Also from my InBox-

You can have no greater ally in the war against your greatest enemy, your own self-grasping and self-cherishing, than the practice of compassion. It is compassion, dedicating ourselves to others, taking on their suffering instead of cherishing ourselves, that, hand in hand with the wisdom of egolessness, destroys most effectively and most completely that ancient attachment to a false self that has been the cause of our endless wandering in samsara. That is why in our tradition we see compassion as the source and essence of enlightenment and the heart of enlightened activity.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Wow! For the soul food thread -

Amazing timing!

I had almost forgotten about this book - try the following search:

Bernie Siegel Exercises Soul

The very first one is a gratitude exercise. Here's one that is similar to the book -

22 Gratitude Exercises That Will Change Your Life

You can also try a search for Tiny Buddha gratitude - it's a wonderful site!

Enjoy!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I'll start us off with a wonderful quote from a local cartoonist:

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that."

~ Michael Leunig

Or at least do unto one another, as you would have them... but then I agree, love is probably the best way to achieve that, the best motivation for anything is it not?