• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From my InBox -

Our minds can be wonderful, but at the same time they can be our very worst enemy. They give us so much trouble. Sometimes I wish the mind were like a set of dentures, which we could take out and leave on our bedside table overnight. At least we would get a break from its tiring and tiresome escapades.

We are so at the mercy of our minds that even when we find that the spiritual teachings strike a chord inside us, and move us more than anything we have ever experienced, still we hold back, because of some deep-seated and inexplicable suspicion.

Somewhere along the line, though, we have to stop mistrusting. We have to let go of the suspicion and doubt, which are supposed to protect us but never work, and only end up hurting us even more than what they are supposed to defend us from.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
:mad: MUST . . .. KEEP . . . NEG . . . . ATIVITY . . . . IN . . SIDE!!!!

latest

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From our enlightenment page -

"Every human being is a child of God and has an equal amount of divine nature, but everyone’s divine nature is at a different level. We all must endeavor to love and respect the divine nature in each individual equally, no matter what its level, while at the same time striving to improve ourselves.”

Click here 4 more - links in text too ... looks excellent!

Could post loads more .... remind me :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More 4 the meditation thread?

Pema quotes meditation

Osho meditation quotes

Sogyal meditation quotes

(Tolle) meditation stop thinking

Meditation humour

I thought there was more but that's plenty!