• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From my emails -

In my tradition we revere the masters for being even kinder than the buddhas themselves. Although the compassion and power of the buddhas are always present, our obscurations prevent us from meeting the buddhas face to face. But we can meet the masters; they are here, living, breathing, speaking, and acting before us to show us, in all the ways possible, the path of the buddhas: the way to liberation.

For me, my masters have been the embodiment of living truth, undeniable signs that enlightenment is possible in a body, in this life, in this world, even here and even now, the supreme inspirations in my practice, in my work, in my life, and in my journey toward liberation. My masters are for me the embodiments of my sacred commitment to keep enlightenment foremost in my mind until I actually achieve it. I know enough to know that only when I reach enlightenment will I have a complete understanding of who they really are and of their infinite generosity, love, and wisdom.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Really flying ...

"Once upon a time, a man tried 2 enjoy his life but he couldn't understand what 2 do with his wife."

"Kwozzer-goinko. Kwozzer-goinko. Kwozzer-goinko."

"Buddy-buddy-bip-bop-boip!"

"Digger-dogger-dig-dog. Digger-dogger-dig-dog. Digger-dogger-dig-dog. Digger-dogger-dig-dog."

"Mimmular-mimmular-moimbo. Mimmular-mimmular-moimbo. Mimmular-mimmular-moimbo. Mimmular-mimmular-moimbo."

"Wooder-wooder-woom. Wooder-wooder-woom. Wooder-wooder-woom."

"Minner-monner-ming-mong. Minner-monner-ming-mong. Minner-monner-ming-mong. Minner-monner-ming-mong."

"Moimble-moimble-moimble. Moimble-moimble-moimble. Moimble-moimble-moimble-moimble-moimble-moimble-moimble."

"Ninner-my. Ninner-my. Ninner-my. Ninner-my."

Plus loads for kindness thread!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A Cherokee elder was teaching his children about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to them. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.” The grandchildren thought about it and after a minute one of them asked, “Which wolf will win?” The elder simply replied, “The one you feed.

From this huge site -

Wisdom | Wisdom Commons

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If everyone howled at every injustice, every act of barbarism, every act of unkindness, then we would be taking the first step towards a real humanity.”

~ Nelson Demille

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Sing -> Ling-ling-ling. Ling-ling-ling. Ling-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling."

"Yoimer-yoimer-yoimer. Yoimer-yoimer-yoimer. Yoimer-yoimer-yoimer. Yoimer-yoimer-yoimer."

"Groigle-groigle-groigle. Groigle-groigle-groigle. Groigle-groigle-groigle-groigle-groigle-groigle-groigle."

:)