• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: are you an ape?

are you an ape?

• Total voters

Endure

How did you come to that non sequitur?
So you're the president of the Roger Dodger crew on this site.

Good to know.

Guess you're never gonna answer the question posed.

Who's surprised?

So apes were the first species that formed from the original soup of biological building blocks that started all life?

That's what you're going with apparently.

Endure

Then how do you explain why the "stupid light boxes" function at all? Do you assume some black magic?
Or do you agree that they work because they rest on working science?
There have been countless killing machines that worked just fine throughout the centuries.

What does that prove?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Couldn't agree more.

I would love to.

Unfortunately, a bunch of greedy idiots got together and outfitted the entire world in such a way as to control absolutely everything and now we're all stuck with communicating on these stupid light boxes and eating and medicating with the only things available to us anymore.

I'd love to be a full Luddite, but the only way to get the Truth out anymore is through the corrupt medium that we are all stuck with.

It is what it is, and I'd bet even your party would agree it's not set up in the most healthy, or beneficial, way for mankind.
So it is somebody else's fault? That is the message I see here.

Your "message" has been sent and received. Please, by all means, go full luddite.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What does Scientism have to do with Biology?
Biology is branch of science.
Unsurprisingly, you don't understand how the theory of evolution works.
It's you who doesn't understand how scientific theory works, which isn't "just a theory": Scientific theory - Wikipedia
You refused to answer the question. That's a loud cry of defeat.
It can't be answered because the premise is nonsensical. So again, go learn taxonomy then come back and ask questions that are actually coherent. Apes aren't a single species but a classification that consist of many species, both past and present.
You claim humans were apes before they were human.
Our species are hominidae (i.e. "great apes"), our more recent ancestors were hominidae, and other contemporary species are also hominidae. It's not a singular lineage; it has many branches. We share a common ancestor with other primates, but we didn't evolve from any contemporary species (which is why questions like "If we evolved from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?" are so asinine and imbecilic.) So yes, we are apes, and so were the species we evolved from.
)What were apes before they were apes?
primateevolution.jpg

Education is your friend. It's embarrassing watching people attempt to debate subjects they have no knowledge or understanding of, especially when it's due to willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty.

Last edited:

Endure

That is exactly your argument against the scientific consensus on evolutionary biology. Just because some religious zealots don't agree with the ToE, it doesn't make it false or even questionable.
That might make a decent case, but there are many scientists as well who agree that it is faulty.

Heyo

Veteran Member
So you're the president of the Roger Dodger crew on this site.

Good to know.

Guess you're never gonna answer the question posed.

Who's surprised?

So apes were the first species that formed from the original soup of biological building blocks that started all life?

That's what you're going with apparently.
Who said that? Your reading comprehension seems to be very non existent.
To say that humans are apes is a classification like saying that apples are fruit. It doesn't say anything about their history.

Can we agree that apples are fruit?
Can we agree that all apples which grow on apple trees are fruit?
Can we agree that not all fruit are apples?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Denominations are nonsense.

True Christians are Bible-believers and followers of Jesus Christ.

Jesus and His Word are the True Witness.
So you can't say or won't say. That seems strange.

I'm Southern Baptist myself.

Endure

It's you who doesn't understand how scientific theory works, which isn't "just a theory": Scientific theory - Wikipedia

It can't be answered because the premise is nonsensical. So again, go learn taxonomy then come back and ask questions that are actually coherent. Apes aren't a single species but a classification that consist of many species, both past and present.

Our species are hominidae (i.e. "great apes"), our more recent ancestors were hominidae, and other contemporary species are also hominidae. It's not a singular lineage; it has many branches. We share a common ancestor with other primates, but we didn't evolve from any contemporary species (which is why questions like "If we evolved from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?" are so asinine and imbecilic.) So yes, we are apes, and so were the species we evolved from.

View attachment 86672

Education is your friend. It's embarrassing watching people attempt to debate subjects they have no knowledge or understanding of, especially when it's due to willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty.
Okay.

I'll find some explanations straight from evolutionists and give you an education on what the current evolutionary position is on what apes were before they were apes.

Hang in there.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Couldn't agree more.

I would love to.

Unfortunately, a bunch of greedy idiots got together and outfitted the entire world in such a way as to control absolutely everything and now we're all stuck with communicating on these stupid light boxes and eating and medicating with the only things available to us anymore.

I'd love to be a full Luddite, but the only way to get the Truth out anymore is through the corrupt medium that we are all stuck with.

It is what it is, and I'd bet even your party would agree it's not set up in the most healthy, or beneficial, way for mankind.
That's due to human failing, not science.

Heyo

Veteran Member
There have been countless killing machines that worked just fine throughout the centuries.

What does that prove?
It shows that science is reliable enough to produce tangible technology. A great deal of modern medicine relies on the ToE being correct and our vaccines and antibiotics work reasonably well. What technology rests on creationism being correct?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Okay.

I'll find some explanations straight from evolutionists and give you an education on what the current evolutionary position is on what apes were before they were apes.

Hang in there.
Nah, I already provided the answer to that in the post you just replied to, so why are you replying to posts if you're not reading them? That just wastes everyone's time.

exchemist

Veteran Member
By a cryptic, evasive response?
Perhaps we should start trying to guess what he is. My first choice has to be a JW. These exclusivist, True Scotsman style, claims are something I’ve come across with JWs. And the overt denial of science would fit with the well-attested JW suspicion of education.

But it’s true there are other denominations that are coy about revealing who they are. I’ve come across evangelicals who insist they are just ”Christian”, though I’ve noticed they have their own, slightly irritating way of pronouncing it: “ Chrrist-ee-an”, rather the more brisk “Chris-chun” that most normal people use.

But in this case the views are too pig-headedly extreme for that, I think. Perhaps a Plymouth Brether? Or A 7th Day Adventist?