• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: are you an ape?

are you an ape?

• Total voters

Heyo

Veteran Member
Humans have never been proven to be animals.

NEVER.

I know it breaks your heart to hear, but there are countless scientists who have studied far more science than you or I on the matter who still unwaveringly believe that evolution is not correct at all.

Even Darwin admitted his doubts.

POP!

Sorry to burst your bubble.
With some unsubstantiated claims?

And as you haven't said anything about my suspicion, I now assume it to be true.
In fact, you showed why it is true.
Even Darwin admitted his doubts.
This comment shows how little you know about the scientific method. When Darwin proposed his hypothesis he knew nothing about genetics (but predicted it correctly), little about fossils (though some, like the Archaeopteryx, were found in his lifetime and supported his hypothesis) and he was wrong in some details. Of course he had doubts.

And you don't know what scientific consensus is. When 98+% of experts in a field agree, a question is settled until new evidence appears that contradicts the theory.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The few with genuine understanding will appreciate this video that proves evolution to be light years from reality.

Most who have blindly embraced the theory of evolution are aware of none of the information in this film.

WOW! This is SO amazing!

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your 4th quote of mine there added an entire sentence that did NOT come from me.

Here's how I reproduced your words. These are all your words. I took related quotes from you and juxtaposed them because they were related:
1704562278615.png

Here they are in the original:

1704562397176.png

1704562366819.png

I just posted to one of your cronies that those who make false accusations, and especially those that flat out LIE, to misrepresent the opposition, have no ability whatsoever to contend in the debate with any level of competence at all. What an embarrassment for your position in this debate.
As you can see, the words were yours. You might say that the second sentence was sarcasm which wasn't obvious when removed from the rest of your comment, but I don't think anybody had any difficulty recognizing that. You're a zealous creationist, meaning that the words were either sarcasm or you miswrote them. I can't see anybody believing that you actually consider unbelievers more authoritative regarding matters of your deity and Bible, although I and many other skeptics do. The believer is a motivated reader trying to understand how the words in his book are actually error and free from contradiction, and the god depicted therein moral.

Incidentally, I don't lie. I don't need to, and I have no desire to do so. It wouldn't benefit me at all if I did, which is why I can give a more dispassionate and objective interpretation of scripture than the zealous believer.
It's very telling that so many desperately desire to be animals.
We are animals. Specifically, great apes. So are you.

Sorry to set you off like that, but why such an emotional reaction from you? What do you care if science declares human beings animals and apes? Those disagreeing with you don't have emotional reactions to you taking the opposite position. Why would anybody care that you choose religious ideas instead? What the critical thinkers care about is correcting misinformation, not disabusing any given believer of it. That never happens.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Kenny

Premium Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course Creationists are a minority. True Christians are a minority.

The vast majority of professed Christians are not Christians at all. They are worldly, just like you. They embrace almost all of the science that you do and they walk the wide road to destruction.

The Bible clearly teaches that True Christians are few and far between. They walk the Narrow Road, in Wisdom and Truth, to Salvation.

Jesus says "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life."
Jn. 14:6

Those who don't "follow Jesus Christ" are not truly Christians and do not see the world through spiritual eyes and do not have spiritual understanding. They do not live in "the Way" that Jesus teaches.

It's no surprise that the Christians you think are dumb/stupid, who embrace exactly what the Bible teaches, are rare and are unbending in their convictions that modern science is nothing but falsehood. Those who agree with the world do not, and cannot, agree with, or understand, the things of God. (1 Jn. 2:15)
Don't give me that nonsense. I could make a very good argument that you are not a "True ChristianTM".

It is a pity that you have to keep yourself scientifically illiterate to be a creationist. It limits our ability to have a meaningful discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually, he gave some science like Mt St Helens and others - verifiable.
No that was not "science". That was lying to a gullible crowd. He was very careful with how he presented his "evidence", He actually does not have any because he refuses to put it into the form of a testable hypothesis.

What "verifiable" observations do you find compelling? I can probably show you why they are wrong or dishonest.

Kenny

Premium Member
No that was not "science". That was lying to a gullible crowd. He was very careful with how he presented his "evidence", He actually does not have any because he refuses to put it into the form of a testable hypothesis.

What "verifiable" observations do you find compelling? I can probably show you why they are wrong or dishonest.
The etching into the ground by Mt. St Helens and another flood - it short period of time… what part of those two are evidence of what we see?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
The few with genuine understanding will appreciate this video that proves evolution to be light years from reality.

Most who have blindly embraced the theory of evolution are aware of none of the information in this film.

You obviously don't even know what a theory is........

And why should I waste my time on some moronic video that says the book of Genesis is history?

I may as well watch one asking whether the Epic of Gilgamesh is history, or the tale of Jason and the Argonauts, or even the Harry Potter stories

The kind of story that Genesis is is made for people who don't know any better as to how the world works

I am a 21st century person with an education and a connection to reality, I refuse to waste my time on such stupidity

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The etching into the ground by Mt. St Helens and another flood - it short period of time… what part of those two are evidence of what we see?
You mean the little washout that they falsely claim resembles the Grand Canyon? I just want to be sure before I show you how he lied.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Kenny , instead of abusing the rating system just be very very clear in your claims. I do not want to be accused of a strawman argument when I show you what he did wrong.

Sargonski

Nice story, more believable than the evolution theory. I still rather believe what is said in the Bible.

Umm .... glad you liked the story friend .. and sorry for missing your response previously . .. but .. what I posted "IS" what is said in the Bible :)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
What does Scientism have to do with Biology?
When are pointless questions pointless?

Unsurprisingly, you don't understand how the theory of evolution works.
Unsurprisingly, you are demonstrating your ignorance of scientific theory since you keep italicizing the word 'theory' like your emphasis is supposed to be meaningful in some way.

You claim humans were apes before they were human.
No one here said that. Humans are apes.

What were apes before they were apes?
If you are going to debate a position, it would be helpful to have a working understanding of the position of those with which you engage in debate.