• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: are you an ape?

are you an ape?

• Total voters

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes we do fit the biological definition of ape.
That does not mean that a human is the same as an ape. Anyone can see that a humans are different from apes and scientists know that they are different.
Even if we are biologically similar to apes, humans are more than their biology.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Apes are more enlightened than humans.

1703474375532.png

I think humans have tried to come up with similar ideas, but I guess it doesn't entirely tame the animal we are.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
That does not mean that a human is the same as an ape. Anyone can see that a humans are different from apes and scientists know that they are different.

Homogeneous enough to fit into the same clade. I'll admit cladisitics is inexact. But we are very much part of the same species and family as the great apes.

Our only "difference" is our penchant for thinking we are somehow different then everything else around us. The true downfall of Man.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Something I just read that interesting and on topic.

"The entire accessible proof each fossil, palaeontological and biochemical, together with DNA itself, means that humans also can breed with gorillas and orang-utans. "

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's kind of complicated, they attempt to post-hoc rationalise their founders more ridiculaous teachings with science, but if you can demonstrate that what their founders were saying is unscientific (which is easy in some cases and more difficult in others) they will cling to the sayings of their founders at least in the majority Haifa based Baha'i faith and deny science if they are deeply indoctrinated enough in Baha'i teachings in my view.
I'm sorry you couldn't reconcile the Baha'i teachings with science for whatever reason that was.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I believe there is reliable evidence that Baha'u'llah spoke for God.
Yeah I know your often repeated claim: his life, his mission and his teachings, however I have studied those far more extensively than you have and have read not only extensive hagiography material about him but also neutral and some critical sources and thus feel my view is far more informed than yours is.

But if you care to go head to head on it I'm happy to point out why none of his life, mission and teachings are reliable evidence he spoke for an All-knowing God, and what the reliable evidence is that he did not speak for an All-knowing God in my view.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah I know your often repeated claim: his life, his mission and his teachings,
It is not my claim. I have repeated Baha'u'llah's claim about his person, his mission and his writings being proof of the truth of His mission.
however I have studied those far more extensively than you have and have read not only extensive hagiography material about him but also neutral and some critical sources and thus feel my view is far more informed than yours is.
Post those if you want to, but not on this thread. That is not what this thread is for.
But if you care to go head to head on it I'm happy to point out why none of his life, mission and teachings are reliable evidence he spoke for an All-knowing God, and what the reliable evidence is that he did not speak for an All-knowing God in my view.
I do not care to argue about something that can never be proven true or false.
There is no evidence that can ever prove that any man spoke for God or did not speak for God. It is all a matter of belief and opinion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well we can agree on this much in my view
I don't know about that. I have some spare time on my hands. How much does the job pay? If I was younger I might consider one of the odd sects where the spokesman for God got all the hot girls, though when I think about those guys also tended to die rather young. Nope, I will just be your generic too old for that nonsense spokesman for God. But at least I hope it comes with a spiffy uniform.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Humans do not fit the biological definition of "ape"
Could you please state the biological definition of "ape" (Hominoidea) and explain what criteria don't apply to humans?

(That's a rhetorical question. You can't. But if are going to try you could learn a thing about cladistics and don't look stupid the next time you talk about it.)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Could you please state the biological definition of "ape" (Hominoidea) and explain what criteria don't apply to humans?

(That's a rhetorical question. You can't. But if are going to try you could learn a thing about cladistics and don't look stupid the next time you talk about it.)
I do not care about cladistics and looking smart. I only care about what is true.

Apparently you missed my post #143.

Even if we are biologically similar to apes, humans are more than their biology.

How Are Humans Different from Other Great Apes?

Last edited: