• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Trump/Biden/Etc.

Fewer to no more Trump/Biden/etc. threads?

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's the best that can be done, at the minute :)
I have no knowledge of the forum back end.
AND
my experience with the back of forums is at least 15 years old.

So I would like to think that the back end has improved since then....

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
The best fix would be to bring back the recent created threads lost, as opposed to the "most active threads" which we currently have.

As it stands the site sucks because all the "active" threads are the same 3 things: ev vs c, trump v Biden, and something about Christianity/monotheism arguing.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
The best fix would be to bring back the recent created threads lost, as opposed to the "most active threads" which we currently have.

As it stands the site sucks because all the "active" threads are the same 3 things: ev vs c, trump v Biden, and something about Christianity/monotheism arguing.
We can't fix this atm. It's beyond what we can do.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I'm fine with the current set-up. I have no problem reading a title and maybe the OP and making a determination as to whether or not I'll follow. And if sticks around long after it begins to smell, I toss the thread out of my feed.

It is interesting that such topics hang as long as they do, while others never get off the ground. I try to always daily check the Unanswered feed.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm fine with the current set-up. I have no problem reading a title and maybe the OP and making a determination as to whether or not I'll follow. And if sticks around long after it begins to smell, I toss the thread out of my feed.

It is interesting that such topics hang as long as they do, while others never get off the ground. I try to always daily check the Unanswered feed.

Unanswered feed? What's that?

Spice

Unanswered feed? What's that?
Screenshot_20240612_142122_Chrome.jpg

In the Forum Menu. I use only my phone, so I don't know if there's a difference on a PC.

Spice

In My Opinion...

an ability to ignore individual threads and individual subforums would be most excellent.
Like the ignore function works for members but on the thread and subforum level.

Having to wade through a bunch of threads you have no interest in to get to the ones you are interested in can get annoying.

I would also love to see the ability to "turn off" the forums you are not allowed to post in.
Perhaps having a box to click to turn their appearing on and off.

I also think the default for such settings should be on.
Then we can go in and select the ones we do not want to see.
But anyway said ability would be set up is better than not having it at all.
I definitely agree with a better filtering system. I run across far too many that interest me that I'm not allowed to participate in so I'd prefer to just not be enticed.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I definitely agree with a better filtering system. I run across far to many that interest me that I'm not allowed to participate in so I'd prefer to just not be enticed.
You are allowed to view them.
And can even frubal posts in them.
But posting is a no no.