• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Trump/Biden/Etc.

Fewer to no more Trump/Biden/etc. threads?

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I have said we should return to Vbulletin. It's just not going to happen, though.
I wonder if it would be possible to turn RF into some sort of a coop that's effectively owned by at least active admins. It suffers heavily and severely from an absent owner who uses it for nothing more than bump up his portfolio.
It's despicable.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Fowl play.
badum.jpg

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
That is an absurdly worded poll. What the hell does Trump/Biden/etc. include:
  • ... Israel-Gaza?
  • ... vaccine efficacy?
  • ... evolution?
  • ... climate change?
  • ... reproductive rights?
  • ... AI threats?
  • ... favorite music?
  • ... and, God forbid, The Last Post id the Winner?

Really?! Her question seemed quite clear to me.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Having read your posts I'm not at all surprised, but thans for sharing.

Having read my posts, you are "not at all surprised" that I understood @Rival 's post?

You seem to go out of your way to bully and insult people. When I do it the reason is usually because of my weakness for alcohol, but I know it and apologize for my behavior. What is your excuse? You just like being a bully?

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Is it possible to split the forums into religious forums/political forums and have a home page that links to the two?
That way you would only see political threads when in the political section, and only religious threads in the religious section.

Actually scratch splitting the forums, why not just make it so you can only see new religious threads when in the religious section and new political threads only when in the political section?

I admit I prefer it the old way where one can just see all new threads but I doubt we'll ever get the option of customisation as proposed by @McBell

So I guess we gotta deal with the whiners somehow since they seem to be in the majority.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it possible to split the forums into religious forums/political forums and have a home page that links to the two?
That way you would only see political threads when in the political section, and only religious threads in the religious section.

Actually scratch splitting the forums, why not just make it so you can only see new religious threads when in the religious section and new political threads only when in the political section?

I admit I prefer it the old way where one can just see all new threads but I doubt we'll ever get the option of customisation as proposed by @McBell

I think these threads might be of interest to you:

F1fan

Veteran Member

So I guess we gotta deal with the whiners somehow since they seem to be in the majority.
I agree. I have no interest in about 80% of the posts I see listed. It's like a buffet, most of the stuff I have no interest in, and I pass on by.

Those who don't want to see political threads might be the ones who need to be exposed to some of the topics that are relevant to the future of the planet. They don't have to click on the link, but if they are ignoring political news it might be good for them to see a title that ends up being relevant to them in some way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Would you like to see fewer to no more threads about this topic on RF?

I'm tired of it, many are, and @rocala has had issues and has documented them in his latest thread where he may opt to leave.

Would you prefer not to see such threads?

Does it detract from your RF experience?
If a thread doesn't interest one, don't enter it.
Management shouldn't be telling us we can
or can't post about Trump.
Why are the liberal atheists the majority who want political stuff?
Does "why" matter?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How to handle the intersection of religion & politics?

Perhaps management could offer a filter
that would hide political threads for
those who want to not see them?