• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Hungary ;-)

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Because Putin has already made a peace proposal. That those four regions become independent from Ukraine...
that is a good price for peace.
Or insignificant pieces of lands are worth the lives of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians?
Because Zelensky has already made a peace proposal?
That Russia cease their invasion of Ukraine?
that is a good price for peace.
Or insignificant pieces of lands are worth the lives of hundreds of thousands of Russians?

I am honestly trying to understand your point of view.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Would you suggest to women that they should give up and consent to rapists instead of fighting back in self defense?
In Europe something incredibly modern and democratic exists, called referendum.

Those four regions made referendums, deciding to be independent from Kiev.
You can repeat the referendum 100 times, if you wish.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Being both women and men can be raped
Do you mean...

Would you suggest to 'people' that they should give up and consent to rapists instead of fighting back in self defense?
Seems like an odd point to focus on. I feel like there is some missing context in this exchange, but oh well.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. Just strange point I think.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Referendums under coercion are obviously invalid.
The EU can be the promoter of a treaty of peace and supervise these referendums in those four regions.
Donbas, Zaporozhe, Kharkiv.
The EU will prevent any kind of coercion and intimidation.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yes. Evidently Putin is afraid that the NATO uses Ukraine as military colony to attack Russia.

Yeah, but that contradict the wish of Ukraine to join Nato. And you do now what happens if Nato attacks Russia or so in reverse?

So yes, Ukraine wants to be safe and join Nato.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The EU can be the promoter of a treaty of peace and supervise these referendums in those four regions.
Donbas, Zaporozhe, Kharkiv.
The EU will prevent any kind of coercion and intimidation.

That should have happen before 2014. If Putin had asked for that for the 5 regions and a general vote on membership of Nato, he would have gotten his will.