• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pop Quiz on the Middle East

kai

ragamuffin
Booko said:
Yes, I think so.

The problem is, the treaty also has provisions regarding nuclear disarmament, but I don't see *any* of the nuclear nations moving in this direction.

It's a bit tough to insist on one part of the treaty being followed, while the other is just ignored.
yes when is the right time to dissarm, the break up of the soviet union wasnt the time (i thought it was) now we have North Korea and Iran to worry about everyone is just too scared.

c0da

It does for Palstinians, are you saying they have no right to take back their stolen lands?

Wasn't much of this 'stolen' land bought by Zionist land owners?

greatcalgarian

c0da said:
Wasn't much of this 'stolen' land bought by Zionist land owners?

Some were bought legally, some were bought under harassment, some were acquired illegally.....
It is difficult to keep track of the legality of the landownership in Israel.:confused:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
kai said:
Isnt it just a matter of common sense that no new development should take place and that a climate of nuclear dissarmement should be built upon,getting rid of what we have, should be the priority not more countries obtaining, if the UN wasnt such a joke we might have a chance of nuclear dissarmement

Booko already answered you .. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Booko said:
Is it so cut and dried a history that it's only the Jews who are to blame?

Not at all, it's absurd to point out the jews and blame them all.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fluffy said:
So what? A crime against humanity is still a crime against humanity regardless of who your friends are. You can't just ignore the massive amount of crimes by other Middle Eastern countries simply because they aren't Israel.

I agree with you but we don't have to do the double standard when we deal with the Middle Eastern countries and Israel.

Are you saying that your first post was copy and pasted from elsewhere?

Did i ever said it's mine? I read it before long time a go and it was with me then i just posted it here to see your opnion in RF about it.

In a peaceful, diplomatic manner.

What if all their effort in peacful and diplomatic manner failed to keep them and their children alive and their house from being destroyed?

Should they beg USA to help them? Oh, you know how things work between Israel and USA don't you?

All decisions that have been made by the UN in several occasions have been ignored by using the american veto as you know.

kai

ragamuffin
greatcalgarian said:
Some were bought legally, some were bought under harassment, some were acquired illegally.....
It is difficult to keep track of the legality of the landownership in Israel.:confused:
how about the palestinian land in Jordan? i believe jordan still claimed the west bank as theirs till 1988 i think
</IMG>

Faminedynasty

Isreal, Israel, Israel.
If you had only thrown in one attrocity of Saudi Arabia or something in your quiz and required a 100% correct to pass, many of us would have failed the test!

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
What if all their effort in peacful and diplomatic manner failed to keep them and their children alive and their house from being destroyed?

Hm. Like the old guy in the wheelchair in Jenin...

All decisions that have been made by the UN in several occasions have been ignored by using the american veto as you know.

That's one of the things that keeps the UN from evolving into an effective world body -- veto power.

I'm still wondering why the winners of a conflict over a half century ago should be able to "just say NO" whenever they wish. What does any of that have to do with today?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Faminedynasty said:
Isreal, Israel, Israel.
If you had only thrown in one attrocity of Saudi Arabia or something in your quiz and required a 100% correct to pass, many of us would have failed the test!

:sarcastic

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Booko said:
Hm. Like the old guy in the wheelchair in Jenin...

Yep, excatly.

168167F51D974EF8AD95E77ADF2D0AAB.jpg

Hamas founder and spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin was killed in an Israeli airstrike Monday morning as he was leaving a Gaza City mosque.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/03/21/yassin/

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/7995E32C-9686-40DA-97AD-2E0D5EABF6D1.htm

I'm still wondering why the winners of a conflict over a half century ago should be able to "just say NO" whenever they wish. What does any of that have to do with today?

:shrug:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
**MOD POST**

"Thou shalt not attack each other personally", saith the Mods.

Interpretation: Critique each others ideas all you want but never attack each other personally.

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
Yep, excatly.

168167F51D974EF8AD95E77ADF2D0AAB.jpg

Hamas founder and spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin was killed in an Israeli airstrike Monday morning as he was leaving a Gaza City mosque.
No, actually I was thinking of someone else. There was a guy who was in the way during one of those destructions of homes belonging to families of suicide bombers.

The problem with destroying the home of a suicide bomber is, if it's an apartment building that holds several families and you raze it -- what the heck is *that*? I can't honestly call it justice.

And there was this perfectly innocent old guy in a wheelchair who was killed during one of those. No one realized he was there until it was too late.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Booko said:
And there was this perfectly innocent old guy in a wheelchair who was killed during one of those. No one realized he was there until it was too late.

Do you mean the one i mentioned or the one who was in your mind?

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
Do you mean the one i mentioned or the one who was in your mind?

The one I was thinking of.

Wasn't Sheikh Yassin surrounded by people when they offed him? I seem to recall some bodyguards and/or family members being killed as well.

Ody

Do you hold respect for the founder of Hamas T_T? Despite his actions to end the state of Israel?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
AlanGurvey said:
Do you hold respect for the founder of Hamas T_T?

Just respect? hehehe

He was the treasure of the Palestinian Ummah and i'm proud of him and you can notice his pic. beside my user name.

So?