• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers for Israel

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Go look at the conversation
I'm part of the conversation. I know what it says.

Again, you made a statement. I asked for clarification.
Last time I ask. Failure to respond will force me to draw my own conclusion.

Upto you. If you aren't interested in honest and transparant discourse, I can't force you off course.
But at least then I know there is no point in further engagement.

I'm not interested in time wasting.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I'm part of the conversation. I know what it says.

Again, you made a statement. I asked for clarification.
Last time I ask. Failure to respond will force me to draw my own conclusion.

Upto you. If you aren't interested in honest and transparant discourse, I can't force you off course.
But at least then I know there is no point in further engagement.

I'm not interested in time wasting.
You’re smart you’ll figure it out

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
O course not. Why do you think that there has not been an election since Hamas won the first and only?
That's why cutting off food etc won't work The hatred and resulting suffering are so profound and so deep that the horror we've seen is nothing compared to what is visible on the horizon. Maybe we'll see a miracle but I'm far from optimistic when I see stories like these:

Hospitals in Gaza face collapse as water, power and medicine run out​

Live updates: Hezbollah says it attacked Israeli position near Lebanon​

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That's why cutting off food etc won't work The hatred and resulting suffering are so profound and so deep that the horror we've seen is nothing compared to what is visible on the horizon. Maybe we'll see a miracle but I'm far from optimistic when I see stories like these:

Hospitals in Gaza face collapse as water, power and medicine run out​

Live updates: Hezbollah says it attacked Israeli position near Lebanon​

Maybe if Hamas would be willing to turn over their hostages and leave to let the Palestinians select leaders who don't want to destroy Israel and who do want to live in peace, then maybe things could become very different. Israel did start this mess-- Hamas did with Iranian financing and encouragement.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Maybe if Hamas would be willing to turn over their hostages and leave to let the Palestinians select leaders who don't want to destroy Israel and who do want to live in peace, then maybe things could become very different. Israel did start this mess-- Hamas did with Iranian financing and encouragement.
The roots of the current horror show goes much further back to perhaps 1917 at least https://www.un.org/unispal/history2/origins-and-evolution-of-the-palestine-problem/part-i-1917-1947/ And I would not be surprised if the mindset of some Israelis trace today back to the Biblical war between the Israelis and the Philistines.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I well know the history, but let's deal with the reality as it exists today.
I don't think we can realistically talk about what's happening today *without* looking at the history of the region. The history explains the mess we're in and why. This month's events didn't take place in a vacuum, and if anyone is to find a way forward, they're going to have to take the history into account to have any degree of success.

metis

I don't think we can realistically talk about what's happening today *without* looking at the history of the region. The history explains the mess we're in and why. This month's events didn't take place in a vacuum, and if anyone is to find a way forward, they're going to have to take the history into account to have any degree of success.
I studied the history here and in Israel and well know what and why. What I would encourage you to study is Iran's support for elements like Hamas, Hezbollah, and El Fatah, thus all terrorist organizations bent on destroying Israel.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I studied the history here and in Israel and well know what and why. What I would encourage you to study is Iran's support for elements like Hamas, Hezbollah, and El Fatah, thus all terrorist organizations bent on destroying Israel.
What makes you think I haven't?

metis

What makes you think I haven't?
Because it's important to put the primary importance on the right element, which I haven't seen you do. However, correct me if I'm wrong as I don't read all posts.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Because it's important to put the primary importance on the right element, which I haven't seen you do. However, correct me if I'm wrong as I don't read all posts.
The "right element"? What's that?

Do you mean that because I think the key to understanding the regional conflict is in the history of the region, that I don't take terrorist activity into account as part of that history? Of course I do.

But to understand WHY there is terrorist activity, and it goes deeper than "hating the Jews"--the history of land disputes, illegally expanded 1967 borders, settler violence, apartheid, and human rights violations also need to be taken into account.

It's not like there just one side here; there are two. And innocent civilians are caught in the middle, and of course I think that is awful. Do I condemn terrorist attacks? Sure I do. I'm not quite sure where you stand, but what I am hearing is "Israel is always right, right or wrong", and I just don't see that as a perspective that is going to lead to any kind of solution.

metis

The "right element"? What's that?

Do you mean that because I think the key to understanding the regional conflict is in the history of the region, that I don't take terrorist activity into account as part of that history? Of course I do.

But to understand WHY there is terrorist activity, and it goes deeper than "hating the Jews"--the history of land disputes, illegally expanded 1967 borders, settler violence, apartheid, and human rights violations also need to be taken into account.

It's not like there just one side here; there are two. And innocent civilians are caught in the middle, and of course I think that is awful. Do I condemn terrorist attacks? Sure I do. I'm not quite sure where you stand, but what I am hearing is "Israel is always right, right or wrong", and I just don't see that as a perspective that is going to lead to any kind of solution.
Thanks for the clarification. We're good.