• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin prefers Biden

Shaul

Premium Member
Do you believe Putin? I don't
So what's your point? Whether he should be believed is a separate thing from whether he said it, which it did. Assuming he is lying (a reasonable assumption), what does he hope to achieve? He isn't stupid. He surely knows that many will doubt his sincerity. Yet he still said it. So why do you think he did it?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So what's your point? Whether he should be believed is a separate thing from whether he said it, which it did. Assuming he is lying (a reasonable assumption), what does he hope to achieve? He isn't stupid. He surely knows that many will doubt his sincerity. Yet he still said it. So why do you think he did it?

From the article, he explained his reasoning:

“[Biden] is a more experienced, predictable person. He is a politician of the old school. But we will work with any leader of the United States, who is trusted by the American people,” Putin said in an interview on broadcaster Rossiya 1 TV when asked to choose between the two.

I suppose the key word here is "predictable," which Trump is definitely not. It could be that Trump is just so unbalanced and has so many loose screws that even Putin can't trust him anymore.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't know why he did it. The only thing I've noticed is that he uses honesty as a weapon. I suspect he really wants Trump so honestly praises Biden knowing that is the kiss of death for some.

How about you answering the same question?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Shaul

Premium Member
From the article, he explained his reasoning:

I suppose the key word here is "predictable," which Trump is definitely not. It could be that Trump is just so unbalanced and has so many loose screws that even Putin can't trust him anymore.
Which, assuming he is lying, is not the "real" reason.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Shaul , are you going to answer the reciprocal question I asked you after I answered the question? Why do you think he said what he said?

wellwisher

It's hard to believe that you're so easily played.
How many Russian spies did Putin get through the illegal US and Mexican Open Border? Was that partially created for Russia and China? Quid pro quo Joe and the Biden family all made money off of China and Russia, and now it may be pay back time or be publicly blackmailed, with what has been denied.

Putin did not invade anything under Trump, but only under the Democrat Presidencies of Obama and Biden; Crimea and then Ukraine, with a Trump Presidency pause. Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize, before he started the Arab WWI, AKA the Arab Spring criminal expansion pack. I often wondered how and why Obama got that prize, before he actually did anything beyond talk peace; rigged? Was that a distraction tactic. He could not have been given the prize later, due to his unexpected warmongering and soft on Russia stance; Clinton, Obama and Biden and Russia re-set button. Below Happy Obama and one very happy Russian Ambassador. Arab Spring was a gift to Putin.

obamedvev_onpage.jpg

The fact that Putin did not act aggressively under Trump seems to mean Putin may be Trump's puppet, but Putin was/is the puppet master of Obama, Biden, Hillary (and Mrs Obama).

Both China and Russia back "Palestine", just like the radical majority of Democrats. Many Democrats back Israel. Do the math! Trump is pro-Israel and beat back the Arab Spring that Obama created for Russia. Trump's son in law is a Jew, so he not just given Israel lip service. These hard facts do not align as well with the Democrat party's propaganda cover up rhetoric; bait and switch.

Is targeted Russian disinformation, by the Russian Spies that Biden help let in from the open border, helping the radical wing of the Democrat Party, created US internal division via the Israel and Palestine conflict? Putin can use the Radical Left like his own army, due to their shared common goal views; political versus strategic.

Biden may be too old and senile to understand the damage he did. He may only remember some of his best times in Government, that involve someone by the name of Putin; Cold War excitement. If he cannot remember taking classified intel, he may not remember Putin was the enemy, but may only recall the Cold War excitement of spy versus spy and cat versus dog.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Who would believe a word that comes from Putin's mouth after the lies he told over not invading Ukraine, so nothing should ever be taken at face value:

President Vladimir Putin's recent comments about preferring Joe Biden to win a second term over Donald Trump have raised eyebrows. The Russian leader described Biden as more experienced and predictable during an interview on Russian state TV. "Biden, he's more experienced, more predictable, he's a politician of the old formation," Putin said. "But we will work with any US leader whom the American people trust." Trump quickly responded to Putin's words, telling his supporters: "Putin is not a fan of mine," and calling the Russian leader's comments "a very good thing." However, one expert believes Putin's remarks are part of a calculated strategy to influence Western politics. Keir Giles, a researcher studying Russia, told TheMirror.com: "It's only confusing if you expect Putin to say what he really thinks. You should start from the assumption that Putin is planning carefully what messages he is delivering to Russian media with the expectation that those messages are picked up by Western media. It's hard to imagine he would say something without a careful calculation of how it would influence Western politics and audiences abroad."

Ponder This

Russian President says he thinks President Biden being re-elected would be better for Russian than Donald Trump.

FTA: "Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday Joe Biden would be better for Russia as president than Donald Trump, ahead of a potential rematch between the two in this year’s U.S. election."

Putin says Biden would be better for Russia as president than Trump
I think it's the most generic world leader answer to say that you like whoever happens to currently hold office best and would have no problem working with whoever else is likely to be elected.