• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Christians. What do you think about what this Pastor has to say?

Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. ...
I wonder why he brings politics into the Church. But, I agree that the "duty" of Christians is to love others. I think that can be shown also by voting something else than tyrants like Biden.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. Please.

There is a parallel thread to see if there are different responses based on context. Question for Trump supporters. What do you think about what this Pastor has to say?
I believe Trump is the best candidate we have this year.

I believe that pastor was both right and wrong. God comes first but then what He says comes next and often that affects politics. It sure did when He was on earth before.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I wonder why he brings politics into the Church. But, I agree that the "duty" of Christians is to love others. I think that can be shown also by voting something else than tyrants like Biden.
I believe Trump acted as a tyrant also because Obama set it as a precedent. The difference is what is being ordered and whether it is something that only congress can legitimize as the Supreme Court said about one of Biden's rulings.

PureX

Veteran Member
I'm always very puzzled by the fact that people will actually deliberately go to place and sit for an hour or more just to be haranqued by some hyper-religious idiot that apparently thinks he knows how everyone else in the room should be thinking and behaving. I wouldn't last ten seconds in that room! I'd either be shouting back at that fool or I'd be out the door.

How must those people sitting in the room have been raised to make them think this sort of thing is acceptable??? It truly mystifies me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Please explain how Biden fits the definition of "Tyrant" -- "a cruel and oppressive ruler."

Don't forget to mention how many of your own friends and family have been cruelly and unjustly punished or killed by him.

Madsaac

I'm not a Christian but he must be embarrassing to Christians, what a dope.

I think politics is one of the best ways religious people can do right by their fellow human, vote left, that's what Jesus would do.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would say it's largely due to world leaders as stated in the Bible as being appointed by God , so therefore I'm thinking there is an implied duty to make sure the right leaders are appointed through their efforts as Christians alongside the notion that America is a Christian nation instituted by divine providence.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Oh, so it's moral to vote for a notorious womanizer and conman, and that's just for starters?

IOW, pick Trump or Jesus because one logically cannot support both.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Please feel free to comment about politics in the church in any manner you wish.

The pastor seems to say that if you are of the Kingdom of Heaven you shouldn’t be involved in the things of this earth. If one shouldn’t be involved in the politics, because it is of this world, wouldn’t it be just as fair to say your shouldn’t be involved in the lives of people who are hurting because of this world?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't care for Trump or his bible. I tend to agree with the pastor in general, even though he is a Protestant from what I can tell.

metis

The pastor seems to say that if you are of the Kingdom of Heaven you shouldn’t be involved in the things of this earth. If one shouldn’t be involved in the politics, because it is of this world, wouldn’t it be just as fair to say your shouldn’t be involved in the lives of people who are hurting because of this world?
Good point, and I certainly don't think politics is intrinsically evil. As an old saying goes, "If two Englishmen were stranded alone on a desert island, the first thing they would do is to form a government".

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. Please.
Interesting 150sec.

The yeast of what he says (first 150sec) is like Vedanta Teaching "The world is an illusion, don't get attached to it, don't identify with it"

How the Pastor evangelizes is not how Vedanta Teaches us to spread the Truth, but all are free to do it their way.

I prefer Advaita sweetness and gentle approach
Be,
like a lotus, in the mud,
but
unaffected by it.

Oh, so it's moral to vote for a notorious womanizer and conman, and that's just for starters?

IOW, pick Trump or Jesus because one logically cannot support both.
If I would have to choose between Biden's teleprompter writer and Trump, I would pick lesser evil, which I think Trump is.

But, maybe Kennedy would be better choice than Trump. Unfortunately there is no perfect choice.

Please explain how Biden fits the definition of "Tyrant" -- "a cruel and oppressive ruler."
For example goes against the freedom of speech. Mandated experimental vaccines that seems to have caused lot of death.

People had Nuremberg trials for people who did similar things.

metis

If I would have to choose between Biden's teleprompter writer and Trump, I would pick lesser evil, which I think Trump is.

So, what this tells me is that the most basic Judeo-Christian morality is unimportant to you and that Biden's using a teleprompter is more immoral than Trump's cheating on his three wives. And then that's followed with Trump's attempt to subvert the election and telling his followers to "fight like hell" just prior to them attacking the Capitol. Why do you seemingly hate fair & free elections?