• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Christians. What do you think about what this Pastor has to say?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I say, if alleged president reads teleprompter like Ron Burgundy, the true president is the one who writes the text in teleprompter. And he is evil, because uses presidential power, without being elected to be the president.

He is president whether you like it or not.

No, I hate cheating. And all evidence seems to point to that team Biden won by cheating.

Even William Barr, along with most others in Trump's own staff, have publicly stated that there is no evidence of wrongdoing that would have changed the election results. So, where in the world are you getting your "news" from? Fox? Newsmax? :shrug:

Audie

Veteran Member
Actually, if you actually did read and understand the Bible, you would find that it is our responsibility. God uses people. He blesses (and we certainly have enough food to feed the world) - man messes up with His provision
If you read it you'd know there will always be
poverty; that people are to dominate all living
things; that the earth and all living things are
corrupt beyond redemption; and that at any
minute it will all be washed away and replaced
with a perfect new world.

You'd also know mankind was predestined,
all part of a Plan, to miss things up.

Who are you to find fault in the Plan?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
that the earth and all living things are
corrupt beyond redemption;

Gal 3: 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Redemption is for anyone who wants it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Gal 3: 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written

J have long questioned why he would say "curse of the Law" when the Law was given by God according to Torah? There's something amiss here, but I don't know what it is.

As a side, Spinoza did not believe that the Law was given by God but did believe that at the least it created a discipline that has helped lead to more moral societies. We all need some discipline-- especially you! :p

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
J have long questioned why he would say "curse of the Law" when the Law was given by God according to Torah? There's something amiss here, but I don't know what it is.

Let me first start by saying, “The more I learn the more I realize I know nothing at all”. After all, whoever wrote the words in the TaNaKh knows more than I do and if it is God (and I think He is the author), then it is infinitely deep and beyond my pay-grade. (And God help me in trying express this understandably.)

Think of it this way… instead of the curse, use the word consequences. Like “If you eat shrimp, you can have the consequences (curse) of maybe dying from poison and/or allergic reaction. But even further, separation from God. Because God didn’t want a separation He instituted all the cleansing rituals from water, to offerings, and ultimately to the sacrificing of the goat to touch the mercy seat and the laying on of hands on the other goat that is lead away to maintain a connection to/with God.

God’s ultimate desire is to bring the abundant life to man. But spiritual sins can clog His capacity to bring His blessing on humanity and has physical consequences.

If I were to read Deuteronomy 28:1-14 - I would find God's best and His desire. Nothing but abundance.

But when we violate the spiritual principles (sin), the curse (consequences) are found from verse 15 and following. But when Jesus took on our sin and the sins of the world, He paid the price to redeem mankind and thus “we are redeemed from the curse of the law”. We were debt ridden and in hock plus interest and we were purchased by His sacrifice.

He is speaking mainly about separation from God but it does have physical and mental benefits. Thus, in His throne room of grace, there is mercy. His mercy rejoiced over judgment - the consequences of our sin. And there is also grace for help in a time of need. (Heb 4:16) -

So now, when I get forgiveness for my sin, I can use Deut 28:15 and following and say “I am now redeemed from all of these curses”.

As a side, Spinoza did not believe that the Law was given by God but did believe that at the least it created a discipline that has helped lead to more moral societies. We all need some discipline-- especially you! :p

I sure do :D

But you know me… :) I still believe

Exodus 17:14
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write this on a scroll

Muffled

Jesus in me
Please explain how Biden fits the definition of "Tyrant" -- "a cruel and oppressive ruler."

Don't forget to mention how many of your own friends and family have been cruelly and unjustly punished or killed by him.
I believe you ae in erro;r Tyrants may be cruel and oppressive or helpful depending on their nature. A tyrant is a person who takes authority without permission. An elected president has permission to execute the laws congress has passed. If he does things that have not been legislated then that is tyrannical. For instance congress did not legislate a wall to be built but Trump built one anyway. I suppose it could be considered an executive decision on how to defend the USA.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not a Christian but he must be embarrassing to Christians, what a dope.

I think politics is one of the best ways religious people can do right by their fellow human, vote left, that's what Jesus would do.
I believe you are in error. Jesus said a person doing harm to a child should be deep sixed. It was the evil Herod who killed the babies in Bethlehem.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Oh, so it's moral to vote for a notorious womanizer and conman, and that's just for starters?

IOW, pick Trump or Jesus because one logically cannot support both.
I believe a person in Christianity is not judged by his past but by the present. In that case Trump is more Christian than Biden who as Catholic most likely has never received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I believe you ae in erro;r Tyrants may be cruel and oppressive or helpful depending on their nature. A tyrant is a person who takes authority without permission. An elected president has permission to execute the laws congress has passed. If he does things that have not been legislated then that is tyrannical. For instance congress did not legislate a wall to be built but Trump built one anyway. I suppose it could be considered an executive decision on how to defend the USA.
The first definition of tyrant in Oxford Languages is "a cruel and oppressive ruler."

The first definition of tyant in Mirriam Webster is "an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution."

Either way, the US has a constitution, whether Trump likes it or not, and it would be cruel and oppressive to Americans to violate that constitution.

I asked @1213 to explain how Biden fits the definition of tyrant, since he called him one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. Please.

There is a parallel thread to see if there are different responses based on context. Question for Trump supporters. What do you think about what this Pastor has to say?
Reminds me of my old pastor who was very insistent and adamant that in all things Jehovah comes first, and all things you do are to bring glory to god.
He even called out wearing secular band shirts in the sanctuary.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I asked @1213 to explain how Biden fits the definition of tyrant, since he called him one.
He does things Reps and especially MAGAs do not approve of or do themselves (the only reason I can think of that explains them hating everything about Biden's boarder policy when he continued a lot of what Trump did).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe a person in Christianity is not judged by his past but by the present. In that case Trump is more Christian than Biden who as Catholic most likely has never received Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Pppbbbttt. *snort* And people wanna call it anti-Catholic when people criticize the Pope when he made up a splinter in the eye of others (surrogacy) by pointing out the Red Sequoia sticking out of the Vaticans (shielding amd harboring child molesters).

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Why?

Personally, I see Christian attempts to relieve hunger and suffering as indicative of a lack of trust in God to keep his purported promises.

Since I don't believe in God, I think charity - real charity - is a net positive, but I don't see how it could work in the context of Christian theology.
We can be conduits of Gods grace and tools for Him to use for His glory.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. Please.
What should I say?
Unfortunately his voice will remain unheard.
Because Christians are supposed to know that the real world is in Heaven, and yet there is this obsession with the material dimension.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You do know some words, I'll give you that much credit.
Thank you, but I don't take credit. This is a cash only business.
1714759707549.png