• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Christians. What do you think about what this Pastor has to say?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Mandated experimental vaccines that seems to have caused lot of death.
False, as these vaccines were tested more time by the FDA than any other previous vaccine. Secondly, the vaccines do work but with some side effects, and they have been PROVEN to lessen the number of covid deaths.

Colt

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Brick Block
Staff member
Premium Member
Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. Please.
2 minutes is insufficient to understand the situation in the church. Perhaps in the past he has supported politicians, and so now he is back pedaling. Perhaps 5 minutes ago he apologized for supporting a politician.

Its also possible that this is about conscientious objection. Some churches believe that any involvement in government processes such as voting is a recognition of the kingdom of this world and that Christians should only recognize the kingdom of God.

Notice how he blames the problem on not enough prayer and not enough reading of the bible? His animated livid speech is practiced, so he talks like this a lot. By saying this he's giving everyone permission to read and pray less as long as they feel guilty about it a lot. I don't know if its intention, but that's the impact. People don't read more for lots of reasons. They don't pray more, because they don't know how. Its hard to tell what these 2 minutes are about other than a guilt sandwich.

Tinkerpeach

Just watch the first two and a half minutes of this and tell me what you think. Please.

There is a parallel thread to see if there are different responses based on context. Question for Trump supporters. What do you think about what this Pastor has to say?
He’s awfully angry and obviously a liberal.

He’s spending his sermon time harping on Trump instead of preaching about God.

I mean is it really a big deal that someone is packaging a Bible with the constitution to sell it?

No and Trump isn’t saying that God is an American only religion, he never has.

This pastor is very hateful, I would have walked out.

So, what this tells me is that the most basic Judeo-Christian morality is unimportant to you and that Biden's using a teleprompter is more immoral than Trump's cheating on his three wives. And then that's followed with Trump's attempt to subvert the election and telling his followers to "fight like hell" just prior to them attacking the Capitol.
I don't say it is immoral to use teleprompter. I say, if alleged president reads teleprompter like Ron Burgundy, the true president is the one who writes the text in teleprompter. And he is evil, because uses presidential power, without being elected to be the president.
Why do you seemingly hate fair & free elections?
No, I hate cheating. And all evidence seems to point to that team Biden won by cheating.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The pastor seems to say that if you are of the Kingdom of Heaven you shouldn’t be involved in the things of this earth. If one shouldn’t be involved in the politics, because it is of this world, wouldn’t it be just as fair to say your shouldn’t be involved in the lives of people who are hurting because of this world?
That does seem to be a reasonable takeaway from the Gospels.

For instance, the Beatitudes talk about how those who suffer now will receive reward in Heaven that more than makes up for their suffering. This means that relieving someone's suffering will make them worse off in the long run... no?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The pastor is basically saying that he doesn’t believe in democratic government. He objects to Christian’s participating in voting or other forms of civic duty because in his mind those practices are “of the world”.
This is consistent with the stances of many Christians over the years and, IMO, with a plain reading of the Bible.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That does seem to be a reasonable takeaway from the Gospels.

For instance, the Beatitudes talk about how those who suffer now will receive reward in Heaven that more than makes up for their suffering. This means that relieving someone's suffering will make them worse off in the long run... no?

IMV, that would be a twisted application to politics in the church. Kinda a square peg hammered into a round hole

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
IMV, that would be a twisted application to politics in the church. Kinda a square peg hammered into a round hole
Why?

Personally, I see Christian attempts to relieve hunger and suffering as indicative of a lack of trust in God to keep his purported promises.

Since I don't believe in God, I think charity - real charity - is a net positive, but I don't see how it could work in the context of Christian theology.

Kenny

Premium Member
Why?

Personally, I see Christian attempts to relieve hunger and suffering as indicative of a lack of trust in God to keep his purported promises.

Since I don't believe in God, I think charity - real charity - is a net positive, but I don't see how it could work in the context of Christian theology.
Apparently, you don’t know how to interpret the Bible.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Apparently, you don’t know to interpret the Bible.
I don't?

I'm pretty sure that the Beatitudes say to "rejoice and be glad" in the face of suffering. Why do you think taking away someone's source of joy would be a good thing?

And what kind of Christian reads God's promise to feed and clothe his children in Matthew 6 and says "I know what to do! I'll feed and clothe God's children instead!"?

Kenny

Premium Member
I don't?

I'm pretty sure that the Beatitudes say to "rejoice and be glad" in the face of suffering. Why do you think taking away someone's source of joy would be a good thing?

And what kind of Christian reads God's promise to feed and clothe his children in Matthew 6 and says "I know what to do! I'll feed and clothe God's children instead!"?
Correct… you don’t. you selectively choose.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
You say without any suggestion of how my interpretation might be wrong.

Do you believe Jesus in Matthew 6:26-34?
It says “seek ye first” and “have faith”. - both are requirements. I think you don’t do either.

Kenny

Premium Member
It also says that God will ensure that people are fed and clothed, doesn't it?
Actually, if you actually did read and understand the Bible, you would find that it is our responsibility. God uses people. He blesses (and we certainly have enough food to feed the world) - man messes up with His provision

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Maybe so, and then for example Pfizer tried to hide the results for 75 years. :D
The Pfizer covid vaccine has only been available for three years now, and they and Moderna used a technique never used before in human history.