• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Married People

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I want to emphasize that I trust my wife completely. Her having another partner isn't a violation of our marriage agreement. Her looking or my own looking are also very much not a violation.

Why should they be?

In my view, marriage is not a form of ownership, but rather a partnership. Our mutual happiness is central to our partnership. And if that includes loving another person (a wonderful form of happiness), why should that be denied?

I don't believe in my woman getting banged out by another man. It's not a matter of ownership, its a matter of decreasing the likliness of STD infections and sharing emotional attachments.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If you dont understand, it could be the reason...

Just a thought

You said:

"Cheating is a violation of trust

Honesty is a confirmation of trust."

I'm trying to figure out what does that have to do with the following:

"This even is all the more reason I don't trust women or want to get married."

I'm just asking for clarification.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You said:

"Cheating is a violation of trust

Honesty is a confirmation of trust."

I'm trying to figure out what does that have to do with the following:

"This even is all the more reason I don't trust women or want to get married."

I'm just asking for clarification.

I think i made it plane, trust removes the distrust.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I think i made it plane, trust removes the distrust.

Ok then only a fool would lend trust out to unproven females. I live in a land where females are willing to give men with money more chances than a monopoly game. I've had married women hit on me and use their own marital unhappiness as justification for wanting extra-marital relations. Women lead statiscally in initiating divorce as one person puts it:

"My wife stated that I did not make her happy.
I realized that she was never happy .
Before we were married she always complained about that.
I finally realized that happiness is internal."

Mental distress is more common among women and in fact:

"One in three Americans struggles with a mental illness, but the rate is much higher in women. Research suggests that women are about 40% more likely than men to develop depression. They're twice as likely to develop PTSD, with about 10% of women developing the condition after a traumatic event, compared to just 4% of men."

Trauma (such as sexual and physical abuse is one of the causes), hormonal differences, parenting, and reporting (source:https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...ks-your-heart/201504/women-and-mental-illness). So I definitely believe there are correlational factors between mental distress and failed relatiships and Some go into relationship lacking strategies and coping skills to help themselves and often use relationships as band-aids to mitigate relationship problems in California. I rather trust a stray dog before another human being. Far too many men giving me advice on how marriage is a regrettable experience.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ok then only a fool would lend trust out to unproven females. I live in a land where females are willing to give men with money more chances than a monopoly game. I've had married women hit on me and use their own marital unhappiness as justification for wanting extra-marital relations. Women lead statiscally in initiating divorce as one person puts it:

"My wife stated that I did not make her happy.
I realized that she was never happy .
Before we were married she always complained about that.
I finally realized that happiness is internal."

Mental distress is more common among women and in fact:

"One in three Americans struggles with a mental illness, but the rate is much higher in women. Research suggests that women are about 40% more likely than men to develop depression. They're twice as likely to develop PTSD, with about 10% of women developing the condition after a traumatic event, compared to just 4% of men."

Trauma (such as sexual and physical abuse is one of the causes), hormonal differences, parenting, and reporting (source:https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...ks-your-heart/201504/women-and-mental-illness). So I definitely believe there are correlational factors between mental distress and failed relatiships and Some go into relationship lacking strategies and coping skills to help themselves and often use relationships as band-aids to mitigate relationship problems in California. I rather trust a stray dog before another human being. Far too many men giving me advice on how marriage is a regrettable experience.

You have preconceptions based on statistics. Relationships are not statistic based.

Talking of statistics, men are more likely to cheat than women. Perhaps one reason women are more likely to initiate divorce proceedings.

I am sure you are right regarding the correlation between mental stress and failed marriage, and vice versa. Divorce is the most mentally stressful event that can happen to the average person. I know more than one person mentally effected by marriage breakdown. I also know many who are happy with their marriage

Yes its a gamble, a 50/50 chance (approximately) and honesty is the only way it can work. Polymath and his wife are honest with each other, as are my hub and I. That feeling of trust makes for something worth keeping.

Edit : only a fool would give trust to anyone, trust has to be earned. It will never be earned if you dont give it a chance.

Last edited: