• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Only 6000 years old.
where did all the angular momentum come from.
And wiped out long ago,
I can tell you where it came from. It exists all throughout the universe due to objects moving relative to each other. And why do you think that it would have been "wiped out"? One of the basics laws of physics for the macroscale is the law of conservation of angular momentum. It does not go away.

I can give you more info. Can you do vector math at all? Specifically do you understand the concept of the Cross product?

SavedByTheLord

I can tell you where it came from. It exists all throughout the universe due to objects moving relative to each other. And why do you think that it would have been "wiped out"? One of the basics laws of physics for the macroscale is the law of conservation of angular momentum. It does not go away.

I can give you more info. Can you do vector math at all? Specifically do you understand the concept of the Cross product?
Again how did it star?
Which is a big problem for the Big Bang.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again how did it star?
No. "We do not know yet" is never a refutation. I could ask you the same sort of questions about God. Your inability to answer them would not refute the existence of God.

How did it start is a "big problem". It is one that scientists want to solve. But not knowing does not refute the concept.

And why move the goalposts to the Big Bang? Do you understand that that is a logical fallacy?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That does show that a person does not inherit damnation as some incorrectly preach.
However all will eventually sin and thus be under damnation.
We are all under the specter of death caused by sin. The false idea of eternal torture while cognizant is not a correct teaching by many religious leaders. Some will not attain to eternal life but will be dead without redemption.

YoursTrue

They're still The Bible and therefore in error. A translation error is still an error.

I don't speak Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek and have to rely on English translations. Some may (perhaps rightfully) even question my English abilities.
Any problematic situation in translation is overcome by basic tenets and understanding. A good commentary helps to explain what language development or passage cannot. Some terms are lost but understanding is not. By some.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
We are all under the specter of death caused by sin. The false idea of eternal torture while cognizant is not a correct teaching by many religious leaders. Some will not attain to eternal life but will be dead without redemption.

You're just stating your belief as fact in opposition to him stating his belief as fact. How about some evidence.

YoursTrue

You're just stating your belief as fact in opposition to him stating his belief as fact. How about some evidence.
Perhaps we can go into that another time -- it requires research, thought, and possibly--depending on one's attitude--prayer. Which aspect would you be interested in, btw? IF you're interested...:) (to start with..)
John 8:33, the truth will set you free!

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes you are and stop doing it.

If intelligent man was around for 100,000 years or more, Cro-Magnon for about 40,000 years, why did he not figure out how to drop a seed in the ground and farm? How did they go from nothing to farming? Why does this phenomenon occur in diverse places around the world at the same?
I touched on that in a reply to your Cambrian explosion claims. Situations good enough can persist a long time before a significant improvement comes along, including improvement that subsequently seem obvious, like wheels on luggage; unknown for hundreds, then, seemingly overnight, ubiquitous.
Moreover, in some situations, foraging has advantages over agriculture.
Where are all the structures that the built? The pyramids are about 4200 years old. How did they go from nothing to that? And this phenomenon occurs in many parts of the world about the same time?

Where are all the writings from before 6000 years ago? Yet they go from nothing to writings. Why does this phenomenon occur in a number of places around the world at the same?

Why are there no calendars over 6000 years?

History is too short. Why?
Pyramids did not pop up overnight. They're simple, robust structures; simple mounds with flattened sides.
There are widely varying ways of recording information. They become useful only when a certain population and type of cultural strategy is achieved.
Were calendars needed >6,000 years ago? -- and what makes you think they didn't exist?
History is long. extant recordings of it, not so long.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The evidence say that billions of years is not true..
Hogwash. You're making facts up. The evidence says billions of years. Please familiarize yourself with the evidence before you make any assertions about it.
The Mississippi river delta and deltas around the world show the result of one large flood like the worldwide flood. Why?

Thick sedimentary rock layers bent beyond the fracturing point, yet not fractured. Why?
More pig detergent. Stop mining Answers in Genesis.
why not?
Do you have something against them?
Are you an anti-spiral-galaxist?
He's twisting the facts. :rolleyes:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why pray tell?
First they should not have existed at all.
Second if they were that old they not now exist.
Thirdly, the universe is only 6000 years old so they would not be wrapped at all.
They do exist because God created them that way.
Goddidit! answers all questions. Very convenient.

YoursTrue

The evidence.
hopefully we can discuss a few points that demonstrate the idea of eternal torture of conscious beings that are said to be damned in a horrible hellfire is simply not true. I will get back to this. It's late for me on the east coast of the U.S. and hopefully this will be the first subject I pick up when I am back to RF.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
hopefully we can discuss a few points that demonstrate the idea of eternal torture of conscious beings that are said to be damned in a horrible hellfire is simply not true. I will get back to this. It's late for me on the east coast of the U.S. and hopefully this will be the first subject I pick up when I am back to RF.
Different Christians have different beliefs about hell. The OP threatened people with the lake of fire. Don't worry,, no one took him seriously.

That is a serious problem with the Bible. One can usually find verses that support any belief, as long as one is willing to ignore or dismiss other verses. He will probably point towards his eternal torture ones you will point to the ones that indicate an ending. I know that both exist in the Bible.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Again how did it start?
You're still making a vague incomprehensible 'arguing from ignorance' without a knowledge of science to justify an ancient religious agenda.

You are obviously clueless concerning the science of the bold above, and would not accept any scientific explanation given.

Last edited:

SavedByTheLord

You're still making a vague incomprehensible 'arguing from ignorance' without a knowledge of science to justify an ancient religious agenda.

You have made it abundantly clear you do not accept science the same way AIG rejects science. You create imaginary problems and contort science, which does not justify your religious belief. You have left a trail of phony ridiculous arguments for a very long time like Toy dinosaurs dated with Carbon-14, and cud-chewing rabbits and not responding when you are called to task for these ridiculous arguments.

You are obviously clueless concerning the science of the bold above, and would not accept any scientific explanation given.
What was the first living creature?
What were all the functions it had?
I call it FraudASaurus.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
They're not copy errors, they're possibly translation errors…
To apply a finer point to it, yes you’re right.
But translations are still copies, aren’t they? And even more prone to errors sneaking in!
…or possibly just simply errors. I imagine at the time it was recorded that many people thought bats were birds.
I don’t believe the original manuscripts (OM’s) contained errors. From the way I’ve been taught in understanding & using the Scriptures, I have no reason to doubt the original writings were / are the thoughts of Jehovah God.

But your statement, about what people thought (and knew) back then, is more important than many people may realize in appreciating how the Bible words things. Poetry is a good example; it aids in remembrance.

Jehovah’s purpose for the Bible, wasn’t to teach the Israelites science. It was written in a way that people back then could relate to, for the Israelites to better grasp His requirements for them.

But where it does touch on scientific subjects, it’s been accurate.

For example, In Job, there are statements made that, at that time, would have been, not just hard to believe, but thought impossible!
Job 26:7 is one such verse, where it states God is “suspending the earth upon nothing”!
A absolute crazy statement for that era, yet science has verified it.

Another is also in the book of Job, where Jehovah asked Job if he has ever walked in the ‘trenches of the deep & fountains of the sea.’

It wasn’t until the 1870’s, w/ the Challenger voyages, that features such as ocean trenches were deduced, then verified a few decades later…. and not until the 1960’s when ocean vents were first observed.

It’s late here. Goodnight.

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
To apply a finer point to it, yes you’re right.
But translations are still copies, aren’t they? And even more prone to errors sneaking in!

Copy errors to me implies errors made in the printing room. Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard it used by newspaper editors. I thought translation errors would be more specific.

I don’t believe the original manuscripts (OM’s) contained errors. From the way I’ve been taught in understanding & using the Scriptures, I have no reason to doubt the original writings were the thoughts of Jehovah God.

I wouldn't know if the originals had errors. In my opinion it's stories written by men in an attempt to understand the world they live in. No different to the Aboriginal Dream Time stories of the local Indigenous people of where I live except in the manner they were recorded

But your statement, about what people thought (and knew) back then, is more important than many people may realize.
Jehovah’s purpose for the Bible, wasn’t to teach science. It was written in a way that people back then could relate to, for the Israelites to better grasp His requirements for them.

Agreed.

But where it does touch on scientific subjects, it’s been accurate.
For example, In Job, there are statements made that, at that time, would been, not just hard to believe, but thought impossible!
Job 26:7 is one such verse, where it states God is “suspending the earth over nothing”!
A crazy statement for that era, yet science has verified it.

Another is also in the book of Job, where Jehovah asked Job if he has ever walked in the ‘trenches & fountains of the sea.’

It wasn’t until the 1870’s, w/ the Challenger voyages, that features such as ocean trenches were deduced…. and not until the 1960’s when ocean vents were first observed.

Maybe but not very specific.

It’s late here. Goodnight.

I still have a few hours to kill.