• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I pointed this out to @SavedByTheLord multiple times, but... yeah, you guessed it. He completely ignored it.
And that, even AFTER he was "complaining" to atheists that in our "worldview" people like Hitler aren't punished in the afterlife.

Curiously, he quickly abbandonned that drivel when I pointed out to him that his theology cares even less about punishing the wicked and that the system he believes to be in place is only centered around psychopathic narcistic pettyness of the celestial dictator where "justice" and morals are utterly irrelevant.
I find it both depressing and scary that such people exist

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It means saved.

How do you know that? There are endless definitions of that term.

And you are not saved obviously.
. Why not? Are you going to claim that God is immoral and irrational again? If it is obvious then you should be able to justify that claim.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and the Nazis were not saved.

Really? None of them followed the rules of your myths at the last second and got that confession and pleas in at the last moment?

If you claim that they were it proves you have no concept of the gospel of Christ or what the word of God says.

I wouldn't be that silly to claim that they were saved. But you claiming that they couldn't have been saved indicates that you do not understand what the Bible says.

They were unbelievers like you .

I wish you would make up your mind. Now you are back to claiming that your God is immoral.

As was Marx.
Those that believe abortion is okay are also not believers.

Whoa!. You keep mixing up so much stuff. Now you are claiming that abortion is wrong and yet you cannot find any evidence for it in the Bible, where I can show verses that indicate it is not a problem.

As as are all false religions including Islam and Catholicism.
Collectively from just the list above unbelievers like you have killed easily over 5 billion and destroyed billions of lives more than that.
And it is just getting started.

Sorry, now you are using a no true Scotsman fallacy. Catholics are Christians.

Pick a point and try to defend it. You can't seem to decide what you want to argue about.

SavedByTheLord

How do you know that? There are endless definitions of that term.

. Why not? Are you going to claim that God is immoral and irrational again? If it is obvious then you should be able to justify that claim.

Really? None of them followed the rules of your myths at the last second and got that confession and pleas in at the last moment?

I wouldn't be that silly to claim that they were saved. But you claiming that they couldn't have been saved indicates that you do not understand what the Bible says.

I wish you would make up your mind. Now you are back to claiming that your God is immoral.

Whoa!. You keep mixing up so much stuff. Now you are claiming that abortion is wrong and yet you cannot find any evidence for it in the Bible, where I can show verses that indicate it is not a problem.

Sorry, now you are using a no true Scotsman fallacy. Catholics are Christians.

Pick a point and try to defend it. You can't seem to decide what you want to argue about.
Catholics are Catholic. I have never met one who when asked what religion they are say anything other than Catholic.
It is the Roman CATHOLIC Church. No mention of Christ.
Christians are Christians.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Catholics are Catholic. I have never met one who when asked what religion they are say anything other than Catholic.
It is the Roman CATHOLIC Church. No mention of Christ.
Christians are Christians.
Catholics are just another denomination of Christianity. They believe the same Jesus myths that you believe. In fact if anyone has the best claim to being "Christians" it is theirs.

SavedByTheLord

Catholics are just another denomination of Christianity. They believe the same Jesus myths that you believe. In fact if anyone has the best claim to being "Christians" it is theirs.
They believe in a false version of Jesus Christ and they work for salvation with sacraments. So their faith does not count.
As an unbeliever you do not understand the gospel of Christ or the word of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They believe in a false version of Jesus Christ and they work for salvation with sacraments. So their faith does not count.
Incorrect. You do not understand them. Yes, they have "sacraments" but those are only a tool to help them be closer to God. Just like you probably feel when you pretend to talk to him. And you do not understand your own Bible. Let me quote from the book of Jimmy for youi:

"14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

Jimmy says that you need to have both faith and works. If a person, say a creationist of some sort, only has faith but never did anything for his fellow man would he be a Christian? Not according to brother Jimmy. If all one has is faith it seems that person probably does not follow the teachings of Jesus even if he thinks that he believes in him. You need both. If you just do works that is not good enough. If you just have faith and did not works then your faith was probably a false one.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Yet without the Catholic Church Christianity as we know it today would not exist

Whatever denomination you're a part of would not exist

SavedByTheLord

Yet without the Catholic Church Christianity as we know it today would not exist

Whatever denomination you're a part of would not exist
Who makes that claim? The Catholic Church?
what a slander against Christ.
Without Christ and His Almighty power Christianity would not exist.
Catholics are not saved because they trust in works.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You need to prove that about Catholics. And you seem to be forgetting what brother Jimmy says. I thought that you followed the Bible.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Right and in your theology, "works" don't matter.
In your theology, there is no moral responsability nor is there any justice.
There is no reward for good behavior or punishment for bad behavior.
There is only pettyness and the commandment to kiss the feet of a narcistic sociopath.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
It's a matter of historical fact

Without the Catholic Church protestantism as we know it today would not exist

Your faith tradition derives from Catholicism

Luther was a Catholic monk

Protestantism didn't just magically appear out of thin air

That is a matter of historical fact

But then you don't much care for facts, do you?

SavedByTheLord

It's a matter of historical fact

Without the Catholic Church protestantism as we know it today would not exist

Your faith tradition derives from Catholicism

Luther was a Catholic monk

Protestantism didn't just magically appear out of thin air

That is a matter of historical fact

But then you don't much care for facts, do you?
The old infallible his-story con job and you bought it,
The RCC is a false church.

SavedByTheLord

When did I say they were infallible??????

Your religion has its roots in Catholicism, that's an historical fact

That can be today's thought of the day for you :)
The word Catholic and many of its teachings and practices are not even in the Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The word Catholic and many of its teachings and practices are not even in the Bible.
So what? Neither is the term "King James" and yet you put a lot faith into that one faulty translation. And since you won't even mention your faith we can have no real clue as to which of your teaching or practices are not in the Bible, but I am fairly sure that we could find some.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I need to remind you what Brother Jimmy said again. I am using your magic Bible this time, perhaps you will understand it:

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

In other words if you have only "faith" then you probably are not saved. Catholics believe in faith and works, and they are supported even by the KJV in that. Perhaps they emphasize works a bit more because it is easy to claim to have faith. Heck, I could claim to have faith. It is by one's works that one can see if a person's claims are true or not. That is why in Christianity works is so important in many sects. Jesus's own teachings advocated works. I sometimes seriously doubt if you are following the Bible in the Christian spirit. If you were you probably would not be putting down others that followed the orders to perform works.

Please note, none of them will say that only works is enough. You may have been advocating that as a strawman argument, but I doubt if you can find a single branch of Christianity that ignores faith.