• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race and Religion

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Far as I know there is no race in religion, well true religion that is, there is no colour, for god is colour blind, among other things.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose they put it off at night (otherwise can be inconvenient). Nose rings, earrings, the plum on the head (bore), bangles on arms, tinkle bells on feet, which tell the husband that his wife is coming to bed and also informs the MIL of what is happening there), all parts of a woman's adornment in India.
jewellery+rajasthan.jpg
MSA-158210.jpg
Anklet-Jewelry-Payal-Sonoor-Jewels5.jpg
200561556-001-india-rajasthan-bishnoi-woman-low-gettyimages.jpg
I know. Which is why we call them "Jingle Bells" lol

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Dharamsala Cricket Stadium, highest international cricket ground (4100 ft.), India-West Indies playing:
72530473.jpg

Last edited:

Bobbyh

Infinite Nothingness
This is a hot topic, but I'm curious. I often wonder how race (racism) plays a part in the formation of congregations, acceptance of others, and more. I think it's more prevalent than most of us would like to believe, as it's almost a hidden, or forbidden topic, due to political correctness..

You need to think about what an ego is to understand racism.

The ego is the center of self awareness. Each individual that is aware of themselves enough to comprehend any amount of perspective has a center of self at which this perspective is projected. Egos are formed from self similarities that gradually differ more and more until the acknowledgment of a different ego occurs. Similar egos are less ego threatening to one another than significantly different egos as difference requires significance, and if something else is more significant than oneself this induces fear of insignificance and is ego threatening.

That is the baseline for developing racism. But there are countless contributors and degrees of racism. Regardless... just understanding the fundamental concepts of self-awareness explains why similar categories tend to group as they do.

From our less abstract perspectives however, we should all strive to be enlightened enough to see beyond our egos and realize the world and each other for what we actually are rather than the general categories we tend to label things as.