• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism, Anti-Semitism, and Double Standards

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3592999 said:
The thing is......Beyonce should have won though....

Maybe. But there's a right and a wrong way of expressing that belief. West was over the line.

Wherenextcolumbus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3592999 said:
The thing is......Beyonce should have won though....

He was just saying what everyone was thinking :D

But seriously snatching the microphone from a 17 year old when she was about to make her first thank you speech, that was harsh.
He could have just said it in a private interview.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
He was just saying what everyone was thinking :D

I knowwww, righthhttttt!?!?

But seriously snatching the microphone from a 17 year old when she was about to make her first thank you speech, that was harsh.
He could have just said it in a private interview.

LoL. Yeah, that was messed up - on stage, she acted as if she was totally mature about it....come a few days later....songs and comments galore about massive dissatisfaction!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't like soul music, or tribel music, but that doesn't mean I hate the people who play that music, I don't like heavy metal either, but again I don't hate the players of those bands. I think this word racism has gone too fare, in fact it seems that it is doing a 180 degree turn.

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3593112 said:
I knowwww, righthhttttt!?!?

LoL. Yeah, that was messed up - on stage, she acted as if she was totally mature about it....come a few days later....songs and comments galore about massive dissatisfaction!

I think on stage she was traumatised lol! and Beyonce was like "he he he oh damn oh crap"
But it's obvious that swift would get the violin out so she could make money out of it. Wouldn't you, if you were a mainstream artist and already sold your soul? :D

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I think on stage she was traumatised lol! and Beyonce was like "he he he oh damn oh crap"
But it's obvious that swift would get the violin out so she could make money out of it. Wouldn't you, if you were a mainstream artist and already sold your soul? :D

Hehe. Yeah, I would sell my soul for $500,000,000 on da spot!!!! :p But, to get fried by Kanye in front of the world....I don't know how I would recover, tbh.

Wherenextcolumbus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3593122 said:
Hehe. Yeah, I would sell my soul for $500,000,000 on da spot!!!! :p But, to get fried by Kanye in front of the world....I don't know how I would recover, tbh.

Pay back! When he goes to accept his award, grab the mic and say "eminem should have won!"

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
According to the sources I read he said more than what the OP quotes including:

"Man, let me tell you something about George Bush and oil money and Obama and no money. People want to say Obama can't make these moves or he's not executing. That's because he ain't got those connections. Black people don't have the same level of connections as Jewish people. Black people don't have the same connection as oil people.

"You know we don't know nobody that got a nice house. You know we don’t know nobody with paper like that we can go to when we down. You know they can just put us back or put us in a corporation. You know we ain’t in situation. Can you guarantee that your daughter can get a job at this radio station? But if you own this radio station, you could guarantee that. That’s what I’m talking about."

So yes, I think he is too ignorant to know what is or to express true anti-Semitism in its darkest aspects, but he is a general ******* in the sense of the kind of racism rednecks have about 'his people'.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
According to the sources I read he said more than what the OP quotes including:

"Man, let me tell you something about George Bush and oil money and Obama and no money. People want to say Obama can't make these moves or he's not executing. That's because he ain't got those connections. Black people don't have the same level of connections as Jewish people. Black people don't have the same connection as oil people.

"You know we don't know nobody that got a nice house. You know we don’t know nobody with paper like that we can go to when we down. You know they can just put us back or put us in a corporation. You know we ain’t in situation. Can you guarantee that your daughter can get a job at this radio station? But if you own this radio station, you could guarantee that. That’s what I’m talking about."

So yes, I think he is too ignorant to know what is or to express true anti-Semitism in its darkest aspects, but he is a general ******* in the sense of the kind of racism rednecks have about 'his people'.
You chose a racist term to decry racism?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You chose a racist term to decry racism?
It's all in the spirit of the discussion. Ironically most members here don't find West's comments racist, likewise calling someone a redneck is a matter of perspective. I comment on their mentality, not on their race. If you are a redneck, deal with it :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's all in the spirit of the discussion. Ironically most members here don't find West's comments racist, likewise calling someone a redneck is a matter of perspective. I comment on their mentality, not on their race. If you are a redneck, deal with it :D
In the "spirit of discussion", to negatively characterize rural white working class folk as racist seems in itself both racist & classist. Would it be in the same spirit to call black folk similarly nasty names, eg, moon cricket, coon, jiggaboo, boot lip, etc, etc? Many redneck folk I know are fine people, no matter what stereotypes you might find on TV over there.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In the "spirit of discussion", to negatively characterize rural white working class folk as racist seems in itself both racist & classist.
And to classify all Jews as powerful, rich and as people who exploit their influence is of course fine?
Funny how the irony of retaliatory posts escapes people when they apply their double standards.
Would it be in the same spirit to call black folk similarly nasty names, eg, moon cricket, coon, jiggaboo, boot lip, etc, etc?
I have no idea, after all, international posters like me learn these terms (including redneck) from our American on line compatriots and apply these terms the way they seem to understand them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And to classify all Jews as powerful, rich and as people who exploit their influence is of course fine?
No, that's wrong too.
I didn't cover it cuz it that had already been done before I joined the thread.

Funny how the irony of retaliatory posts escapes people when they apply their double standards
True dat.

I have no idea, after all, international posters like me learn these terms (including redneck) from our American on line compatriots and apply these terms the way they seem to understand them.
It's our fault.
We broadcast awful stereotypical things about many people.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Kanye's comments are to be taken with a [large] grain of salt. Let's not forget, this is the same dude that thought he was/compared himself to Jesus.

It's our fault.
We broadcast awful stereotypical things about many people.

And, therein lies the problem, no?

Wherenextcolumbus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3593181 said:
Kanye's comments are to be taken with a [large] grain of salt. Let's not forget, this is the same dude that thought he was/compared himself to Jesus.

And now Nelson Mandela apparently

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Would it be in the same spirit to call black folk similarly nasty names, eg, moon cricket, coon, jiggaboo, boot lip, etc, etc?

Word censorship on an Internet forum is full of irony, in my opinion. While the "s" word (****) gets censored, the words above are not (especially word 2 and three after the e.g.). Totally ironic. But also just plain sad.