• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Argentbear

Pogo

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Unfortunately the majority of Trump supporters don't watch debates or a variety of "reliable" news sources regardless of that source having any kind of political lean.

I've been watching my FB feed since the debate began. Not a single post from that side of the divide -- and there are a LOT in my friends list.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Are folks here aware that some Southern American groups do in fact practice animal sacrifice per their religious beliefs? This has probably been exaggerated for the news but this is not a right wing myth. Chickens are routinely used for this and it's legal per the Bill of Rights. It's obviously disturbing people though and I'm not sure why some US folks are unaware of these practices. I'm British and it's not news to me.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Are folks here aware that some Southern American groups do in fact practice animal sacrifice per their religious beliefs? This has probably been exaggerated for the news but this is not a right wing myth. Chickens are routinely used for this and it's legal per the Bill of Rights. It's obviously disturbing people though and I'm not sure why some US folks are unaware of these practices. I'm British and it's not news to me.
Do they eat them though?

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

It seems the right is doubling down even after local police claimed there was no evidence to support the accusations.

What worries me is that these unfounded, outrageous claims might result in some violence against Hatian-Americans. I lived in FL for many years and visit there often and have known many of them (huge population in that state). They are hard working, honest, good people. Sure there are some degenerates, but, IMHO, not anymore than among the Irish, Canadians, Chinese, English, whatever.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What does this have to do with the claim that Haitians are eating the pets of the residents of Springfield, OH?

Argentbear

are you actually saying that immigrants abduct peoples dogs and cats in order to kill and eat them?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Racism seems to be the only party platform the republican's are pursuing this year.
Democrats ought to keep reminding people everwhere that they are Haitians, and to make sure they use the word Haitian as many times as possible, and to keep them categorized as Haitian because by doing so, you can use their race to demonize Trump and win the Democratic election!