• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I confess to a bit of surprise at how little interest there is in this: this man -- who would be Vice President of the United States -- admits no remorse about putting the very safety and even lives of these pesons legally in the United States -- and none of us (except you, @SkepticThinker) is at all concerned.

What kind of vile person could perpretrate such a thing? What kind of Americans think that sort of person should occupy the second highest position in the land?

More and more -- and with better and better reason -- I despair over Americans.
When it's a personality cult, it doesn't really
matter to followers what the leader & #2 do.

Remember Rick Perry's run for Prez being
totally derailed when he couldn't remember
all of the 3 agencies he'd close? Unlike Trump,
he had no massive minion following, so that
screw-up showed he wasn't ready for prime time.
Trump & Vance can be utterly stupid, dishonest,
& dangerous. Won't lose a single vote.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
When it's a personality cult, it doesn't really
matter to followers what the leader & #2 do.

Remember Rick Perry's run for Prez being
totally derailed when he couldn't remember
all of the 3 agencies he'd close? Unlike Trump,
he had no massive minion following, so that
screw-up showed he wasn't ready for prime time.
Trump & Vance can be utterly stupid, dishonest,
& dangerous. Won't lose a single vote.
And if that is the case --- that is on the voters, isn't it?

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
I confess to a bit of surprise at how little interest there is in this: this man -- who would be Vice President of the United States -- admits no remorse about putting the very safety and even lives of these pesons legally in the United States -- and none of us (except you, @SkepticThinker) is at all concerned.

What kind of vile person could perpretrate such a thing? What kind of Americans think that sort of person should occupy the second highest position in the land?

More and more -- and with better and better reason -- I despair over Americans.

@Pogo and @Wandering Monk on this page also addressed Vance's lies intentionally created for political gain. Of course there are many of us concerned, about this and so many other serious issues that it's hard to know which mole to whack next. They're literally "flooding the zone with ****" as Steve Bannon told them to, and thankfully there are citizens and non-citizens such as yourself ready to step in the breach with facts and truth. I'm thankful for all of them, and you too. Some of us know there's a clear and present danger. The other ones just amplify the lies while chanting "TDS."

Wandering Monk

Last edited:

Pogo

My how this worm has turned:

A week after President Barack Obama won reelection in November 2012, JD Vance, then a law student at Yale, wrote a scathing rebuke of the Republican Party’s stance on migrants and minorities, criticizing it for being “openly hostile to non-whites” and for alienating “Blacks, Latinos, [and] the youth.”

He criticized the GOP’s adherence to supply-side economics, comparing it to supporting outdated policies like Soviet containment.
say whut?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My how this worm has turned:

A week after President Barack Obama won reelection in November 2012, JD Vance, then a law student at Yale, wrote a scathing rebuke of the Republican Party’s stance on migrants and minorities, criticizing it for being “openly hostile to non-whites” and for alienating “Blacks, Latinos, [and] the youth.”

He'll be whatever he needs to be to advance his agenda. He changed his name throughout his life according to who he needed to be for his advantage.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

Ben Meiselas
Amy from Springfield, Ohio sent me the following message I have permission to share:

“Ben, I am writing from Springfield, Ohio, where I was born and raised, and raised my kids. It's a little town in Clark County, Ohio that was named in honor of my ancestor George Rogers Clark, brother of William Clark from the Lewis and Clark Expedition. My little city of 59,000 people, consists mostly of blue-collar workers, day laborers, teachers, nurses, etc. We are the home of the silent film actress Lillian Gish, comedian Jonathon Winters, and of course, the great John Legend.​
I never imagined seeing our town as the epicenter of so much conversation, discussion, and debate.​
Seriously, I can't turn on the TV without hearing our city mentioned!​
The truth is that no one steals our pets, let alone eats them. Our police department has verified this.​
Our Haitian population is known to be hard workers, business owners, and good neighbors. One friend said his Haitian neighbors always smile and wave, and that you've never heard Brahm's Lullaby until you've heard sung in French to an infant by a Haitian mother.​
My friend who is a construction worker at the Intel plant in Columbus said that many Haitian employees reside in Springfield (more affordable) and travel to Columbus to work...and that they are good people, hard workers, and always on time. Some are taking the opportunity to get training to further their skill set and employability.​
What HAS happened in Springfield is an outpouring of xenophobia. There are protests by the Proud Boys on the corners and violent threats to our city hall, colleges, and schools. Our tiny downtown (honestly, if you blink you'll miss it!) has dealt with multiple bomb threats, causing several schools to be evacuated and closed. The college where I teach, Clark State, is going virtual this week (Sept 16-20) out of an abundance of caution. Thumbs up to our college president and other administrators for always making safety a priority.​
Why?​
Because of Trump's complete lie about our city (a sarcastic "thank you" also to Loomer and Vance).​
As you know, Haitians are here under protective status. They are not killing and eating our cats and dogs, along with ducks and geese in Snyder Park. It has now become a running joke with an abundance of memes. But the truth is, it's sad and frightening.​
Along with teaching college, I have a small Etsy business. A recent customer has been wonderfully patient as I postponed shipment because I hesitate to go downtown to the Post Office (a request of my kids who live in LA, I told them I'd find a different shipping location).​
The lies from Trump and his allies are being perpetuated in the city. But fortunately, people are coming to Springfield to support our Haitian businesses!​
I can only hope that this little town, which typically leans red, will wake up and see what is in store without a blue wave.”​

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Vance admits lying.
Excerpted...
Sen. JD Vance stood by his false claim that Haitian migrants were eating pets in Springfield, Ohio — an unsupported story that former President Donald Trump has also echoed on the debate stage and on social media.

During a Sunday interview on CNN, the Ohio senator and Republican vice presidential nominee said his evidence for this claim was "the first-hand accounts of my constituents." He then went on to defend the dissemination of this false story.

“The American media totally ignored this stuff until Donald Trump and I started talking about cat memes," Sen. Vance said. "If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think what gets to me about this whole discussion about Haitians allegedly eating cats is that, there are so many actual, documented cases of animal cruelty and abuse that it staggers the imagination. I've come across many stories of dogs and cats being horrifically treated and killed. In fact, I seem to recall the MAGA governor of SD bragging about killing a dog. So, why all this sudden concern about the possible fate of cats in the Springfield, Ohio area?