• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The problem with Trump's statement is that regardless of whether it is true or not, it is meant as a way to manipulate people to vote for him by provoking xenophobic fears. This is often done against minorities that can be seen as "different" and thus suspect. It hurts those communities and pushes xenophobic and racist agendas.

The less obvious problem is his admission that the only proof he has coming from "seeing it on TV." This is a candidate for the US Presidency, the Commander-in-Chief of the world's most advanced and powerful army, and he is making a claim based on something he saw on TV.

An argument could be made that he was politicking and got flustered, but it reminds me of how during the COVID pandemic he would often invoke things he saw on media (especially Fox). I would prefer a candidate whose decisions are made from consultation with knowledgeable experts and with thoughtful deliberation.

Last edited:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
This may be true. It may also be true that other people are shooting the pets either as nuisances (cats eating birds) or because they are simply cruel.

We have a problem here with teenagers shooting pet cats with bb guns.
Or the little girl made up the story of the hanging cat because her cat adopted another family, or some similar reality. Cats decide who they're going to live with whether their humans agree or not.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Or the little girl made up the story of the hanging cat because her cat adopted another family, or some similar reality. Cats decide who they're going to live with whether their humans agree or not.

Right, if the girl even exists, since she is a "neighbor's daughter's friend."

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I spent a little time in Germany. There, people
buy lawsuit insurance because they sue each
other over insulting each other. **** that ****.
As a result, I opened a vein, & let all the German
blood run out.
My maiden name is German but since at least the 1740s all the men have done is keep the German name but marry British women, apparently.

Pogo

Or the beginning of the story of my cat, purchased for the neighbors daughter, don't know what she did, but the cat adopted my house and has lived here 10 years.
Anyhow, the main thought of mine is that you don't hang a cat or similar size animal to skin it, you nail it to a board, but some people will believe anything.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
not just "sweeping slurs" Here is an example of the misogamy.the police were hunting for in their raids. I can onl print a few on here

"What are women made for? For reproduction! The woman is closer to the animals, the man to the heavenly beings."

"Men are human beings in the true sense of the word. Women participate in being human, but they do not represent human beings. You can also put it more crudely like this: Women are second-class human beings. - Or: women are inferior human beings."

"Women are born whores and seek to seduce good men to their evil manipulations. Do not be fooled by the false innocence of the young ones, as soon as they can speak and walk they work to seduce men like the tiny whores they are. "
So what are you saying exactly? We should make expressing thoughts like that illegal so that we can all pretend that people like that don't exist?

You know, not everybody is so emotionally fragile that they need to delude themselves into thinking that the world is a safe place in order to be able to get out of bed in the morning.

*Edit: I mean I feel bad for people who are, but that doesn't mean I think they should be allowed to dictate policy.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The city of Springfield believes the rumors may also have arisen from a case in Canton, Ohio, where an American with no known connection to Haiti was arrested in August for allegedly stomping a cat to death and eating the animal.

Separately, an explanation for a viral photo of a man carrying two geese in Columbus, Ohio, has been made, although it also helped set off the now-discredited rumors about pet-eating in nearby Springfield.

The Ohio state division of wildlife told TMZ that the man had been picking up the two geese that had been hit by a car. The agency also reported that there is no evidence that the man is Haitian, an immigrant or that he intended to eat the geese.

So, even after all this, they're still getting bomb threats.

Even if some people believe these stories are true, why threaten hospitals with bombs? What did they do?

Pogo

So, even after all this, they're still getting bomb threats.

Even if some people believe these stories are true, why threaten hospitals with bombs? What did they do?
Existed as good objects for terrorists who want to disrupt the peace of the populace and disrupt the running of the country.

This is what Stochastic Terrorism is, indirect inspiration for terrorist activity brought on by persons telling them that they are threatened by the status quo and fomenting rage, not peaceful analysis of positions and values.

Will nobody rid me of this meddlesome priest?

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" (spoken aloud; also expressed as "troublesome priest" or "meddlesome priest") is a quote attributed to Henry II of England preceding the death of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1170. While the quote was not expressed as an order, it prompted four knights to travel from Normandy to Canterbury, where they killed Becket. The phrase is commonly used in modern-day contexts to express that a ruler's wish may be interpreted as a command by his or her subordinates. It is also commonly understood as shorthand for any rhetorical device allowing leaders to covertly order or exhort violence among their followers, while still being able to claim plausible deniability for political, legal, or other reasons.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Existed as good objects for terrorists who want to disrupt the peace of the populace and disrupt the running of the country.

This is what Stochastic Terrorism is, indirect inspiration for terrorist activity brought on by persons telling them that they are threatened by the status quo and fomenting rage, not peaceful analysis of positions and values.

Will nobody rid me of this meddlesome priest?

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" (spoken aloud; also expressed as "troublesome priest" or "meddlesome priest") is a quote attributed to Henry II of England preceding the death of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1170. While the quote was not expressed as an order, it prompted four knights to travel from Normandy to Canterbury, where they killed Becket. The phrase is commonly used in modern-day contexts to express that a ruler's wish may be interpreted as a command by his or her subordinates. It is also commonly understood as shorthand for any rhetorical device allowing leaders to covertly order or exhort violence among their followers, while still being able to claim plausible deniability for political, legal, or other reasons.

That seems like a pretty direct statement, and I'm not even sure if one could claim plausible deniability. Of course, if someone hears this and sees it as an opportunity to get rid of a troublesome priest in the hopes it would be blamed on the person who said it, that's possible, too. It's just like in Dallas prior to the JFK assassination, there were posters all over with pictures of JFK with the heading "Wanted for Treason." But even that wouldn't contain a direct exhortation to kill him, even if there might be a subtle insinuation in that direction.

Pogo

That seems like a pretty direct statement, and I'm not even sure if one could claim plausible deniability. Of course, if someone hears this and sees it as an opportunity to get rid of a troublesome priest in the hopes it would be blamed on the person who said it, that's possible, too. It's just like in Dallas prior to the JFK assassination, there were posters all over with pictures of JFK with the heading "Wanted for Treason." But even that wouldn't contain a direct exhortation to kill him, even if there might be a subtle insinuation in that direction.
Of course it is possible and the MAGAsphere is already saying that it is not them, but Antifa or Democrats though that tacitly admits that even they believe it was provoked by Trump's demonization of immigrants in Springfield.

The point is it doesn't take a direct exhortation only the planting of the idea of an enemy and the vilification of that enemy to get some overzealous followers to act.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems they tracked down the origins of the rumor.

So, she heard it from a neighbor, who got it from an acquaintance of a friend.

Neighborhood gossip.
I just gotta.....

Pogo

Just a collection of outright lies which if that is from today even he should know and apologize for the third hand gossip, and the immigrants in Springfield are legal and the inflation reduction act is reducing inflation and providing jobs many in states like Ohio and so on.

Creating stories is all he is doing.

:mad:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
960x0.png

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

"... A level of vitriol and nationalism that I have never seen. I find it important to tell you that there are definitely people causing a lot of problems here in Springfield. But it's the people who look like me. You will see people saying that Springfield is turning into a third world country but I will tell you that the people marching with the AR15s in the street are white. The people people threatening violence on our community are white..."

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I confess to a bit of surprise at how little interest there is in this: this man -- who would be Vice President of the United States -- admits no remorse about putting the very safety and even lives of these pesons legally in the United States -- and none of us (except you, @SkepticThinker) is at all concerned.

What kind of vile person could perpretrate such a thing? What kind of Americans think that sort of person should occupy the second highest position in the land?

More and more -- and with better and better reason -- I despair over Americans.