• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Henry Lee Lucas said it was the reason he started his killing spree. In his own word's he said lack of sex was always his biggest downfall and if it took killing to get it that was what it would take. Shocking i bet to you?

1) Where did he claim this? Do you have a source?

2) He claimed his mother was his first murder. Is there a sexual element to that? I don't believe I read anywhere that incest was ever a factor in the family but that he claimed to have been forced to watch his mother having sex with other men. Source: Henry Lee Lucas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Lucas also claimed to have been a part of a satanic cannibalistic cult, killed Jimmy Hoffa, delivered poison to Jim Jones, and confessed dozens, then hundreds, then over 3000 murders. He has made many claims over the course of his life within incarceration. Source:
Henry Lee Lucas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe Henry Lee Lucas was a deeply disturbed individual that desperately needed medical intervention for his mental state.

Alceste

Vagabond
Henry Lee Lucas said it was the reason he started his killing spree. In his own word's he said lack of sex was always his biggest downfall and if it took killing to get it that was what it would take. Shocking i bet to you?

Rapists say all kinds of things, mostly nonsense. Like "She was asking for it" and "I couldn't stop myself" etc. Why do you think the excuses and rationalizations of a convicted killer and a lunatic are credible? That's an odd position to take.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Its silly to think that in all human history, no one has ever raped another sone simply because s/he wanted sex, not even once in the millenia we are here.

People who stral cars rarely do it because they hate the former car owner.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
So far as I've heard, there is no single theory of the motivations for rape that has gained an overwhelming consensus among researchers. Some of the motivations that have been proposed, however, include desire for power, sadism, anger, sexual gratification, and evolutionary forces.

This is the most accurate, unbiased response I've seen to these types of threads.

Alceste

Vagabond
Its silly to think that in all human history, no one has ever raped another sone simply because s/he wanted sex, not even once in the millenia we are here.

People who stral cars rarely do it because they hate the former car owner.

What's silly is equating the theft of property with a violent physical assault on another human being.

Me Myself

Back to my username
What's silly is equating the theft of property with a violent physical assault on another human being.

Whats silly is thinking no perpetrator on human history has ever done it

If someone doesnt care about other peoples feelings at all doesnt have a moral code against rape, is horny and believes s/he wont be caught, what do you think stops this person from raping?

Or do you think that in millenia of human history such a person has never happened?

Alceste

Vagabond
Whats silly is thinking no perpetrator on human history has ever done it

If someone doesnt care about other peoples feelings at all doesnt have a moral code against rape, is horny and believes s/he wont be caught, what do you think stops this person from raping?

Or do you think that in millenia of human history such a person has never happened?

Those qualities you listed are underlying psychological issues besides horniness.

Horny people wank. To attack other human beings you need a whole slew of other psychological peculiarities that have nothing to do with horniness. Anger, sociopathy, misogyny, entitlement mentality, a propensity to violence, etc. Psychologically healthy people can not be enticed to physical assault by simple arousal.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Those qualities you listed are underlying psychological issues besides horniness.

Horny people wank. To attack other human beings you need a whole slew of other psychological peculiarities that have nothing to do with horniness. Anger, sociopathy, misogyny, entitlement mentality, a propensity to violence, etc. Psychologically healthy people can not be enticed to physical assault by simple arousal.

Anger is unnecessary. Extreme lack of empathy is enough.

But yeah, psychologically healthy people should feel repulsed to do such a thing.

Me Myself

Back to my username
So aswering the question lack of sex on the wrong person with the wrong psychological background may very well lead to rape.

Alceste

Vagabond
So aswering the question lack of sex on the wrong person with the wrong psychological background may very well lead to rape.

You say that a lot but you never provide any evidence. Not even anecdotal evidence. Why would a rapist care whether or not they're getting consensual sex? That's not what they want anyway.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You say that a lot but you never provide any evidence. Not even anecdotal evidence. Why would a rapist care whether or not they're getting consensual sex? That's not what they want anyway.

I am not following the question.

An extraordinary claim requires evidence.

I find the claim that no human has ever forced sex out of another human given sexual urge and lack of empathy alone to be very very extraordinary.

Sexual urge is simply a posible (not morally) reasonable motivation for someone to forcefully take it from the unwilling person that inspired such urge.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I would suspect that most date rape perpetrated by high-school and college aged males probably has much less to do with the psychological expression of power, and more to do with out-of-control libidos, lack of maturity, and a self-centered sense of entitlement. Exercising power certainly may be a component, but, from my understanding and experience, it would be a gross oversimplification to attribute these acts solely to that, and not to recognize the role of sexual urges, as well as other factors. Besides, if it were solely about power, there are plenty of non-sexual ways to enact this behavior.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I would suspect that most date rape perpetrated by high-school and college aged males probably has much less to do with the psychological expression of power, and more to do with out-of-control libidos, lack of maturity, and a self-centered sense of entitlement. Exercising power certainly may be a component, but, from my understanding and experience, it would be a gross oversimplification to attribute these acts solely to that, and not to recognize the role of sexual urges, as well as other factors. Besides, if it were solely about power, there are plenty of non-sexual ways to enact this behavior.

Sounds probable.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I disagree. The argument assumes that sexual urges carry with them a possible criminal intent. Two people get horny. One cares about a potential partners boundaries and respects them. The other doesn't care and assaults the other person. Sexual urges were not the motivating factor. Sociopathic tendencies were.

Also, is there a reason why males aged 15-25 or so are singled out in your response?

Me Myself

Back to my username
A bee sting "on the wrong person" could trigger a fit of rage that results in rape, but we don't say "bee stings cause rape".

which of both do you honestly believe is more frequent?

One of the problems is people often think in very simple terms when thinkin about "causes" . Not one single thing causes anything, everything causes everything.

Then there are subjective degrees of proximity.

A pen falls to the floor. There are numerous reasons:

Someone dropped it

the pen exists

gravity

the floor (instead of say, ocean)

The pen wasnt destroyed (somehow) before reaching the floor

etc.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I disagree. The argument assumes that sexual urges carry with them a possible criminal intent.

No it doesnt.

Eating or hunger doesnt necessarily carries with it a criminal intent.

Stealing because you are hungry does. (unless you didnt know the food was of someone)

Me Myself

Back to my username
I disagree. The argument assumes that sexual urges carry with them a possible criminal intent. Two people get horny. One cares about a potential partners boundaries and respects them. The other doesn't care and assaults the other person. Sexual urges were not the motivating factor. Sociopathic tendencies were.

Also, is there a reason why males aged 15-25 or so are singled out in your response?

Its a range of age where sex drive is gnerally stronger and prudence is generally lower .