• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion spreads hate & intolerance

If you want to talk about a particularly violent group, I'd say it's the authoritarian-style ATHEIST Communists you need to whine about.

Well, being that I don't know much about atheistic communists, I can't do more than speculate... which is what I've been doing up to this point anyway... as well as you and everyone else... it's all speculation since no God has yet to make it certain one way or the other. To answer your question though, yes I agree authoritarian-style atheistic communists are intolerant as well. But I choose to whine about a particular segment of the intolerance-feed... that I myself have experienced first hand. Haven't been to a communist country and lived that life, so I can't speak from experience. Perhaps you can?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Ok, so you say that not only did the Stalinist pogroms never happen, but that Tibet was never invaded and that Khmer Rouge didn't go after Buddhists solely because of their religion? Oh, and, a related note, the Authoritarian Nazi regime didn't round up Gypsies, Catholics, along with Jews? Please tell me that your religious fervor against what you call religion hasn't blinded you so...

I agree with the wife, you're missing the point, but I'll add that your reality check is about to bounce if you don't make a deposit real quick.

Thats what Im saying!

Im sick and tired of "Christians" being apparently the only selfish evil greedy murderers in the world.

And if you notice..Christianity was NAMED in the OP.

Its as if ..every Christian on Earth were to dissapear tomorrow all that would be left were loving reasonable generous sharing tender souls who helped each other and fed each other..And it would be all the really intelligent people too! All the dumb butts would be gone.

Love

Dallas

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
If you want to talk about a particularly violent group, I'd say it's the authoritarian-style ATHEIST Communists you need to whine about.

Well, being that I don't know much about atheistic communists, I can't do more than speculate... which is what I've been doing up to this point anyway... as well as you and everyone else... it's all speculation since no God has yet to make it certain one way or the other. To answer your question though, yes I agree authoritarian-style atheistic communists are intolerant as well. But I choose to whine about a particular segment of the intolerance-feed... that I myself have experienced first hand. Haven't been to a communist country and lived that life, so I can't speak from experience. Perhaps you can?
And when taken to task on something that is backed by data, you equivocate...

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Thats what Im saying!

Im sick and tired of "Christians" being apparently the only selfish evil greedy murderers in the world.

And if you notice..Christianity was NAMED in the OP.

Its as if ..every Christian on Earth were to dissapear tomorrow all that would be left were loving reasonable generous sharing tender souls who helped each other and fed each other..And it would be all the really intelligent people too! All the dumb butts would be gone.

Love

Dallas
Keep in mind, I'm not Christian, but I understand what you mean.

Tristesse

What does atheism have to do with communism? you keep saying the atheistic communism, I've never heard that term before. I myself am an atheist, but I'm by no means a communist. So, I'm wondering what one has to do with the other. Because I am sure there are plenty christian communists, or jewish communists. And being an atheist has nothing to do with being authoritarian. Atheism is just a response to someone who says a god exists.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
What does atheism have to do with communism? you keep saying the atheistic communism, I've never heard that term before. I myself am an atheist, but I'm by no means a communist. So, I'm wondering what one has to do with the other. Because I am sure there are plenty christian communists, or jewish communists. And being an atheist has nothing to do with being authoritarian. Atheism is just a response to someone who says a god exists.
According to Karl Marx, the philisophical founder of Communism, there can be no religious Communists since religion is the stated enemy of his philosophy, so to answer your assertion about religious Communists, there can be none.
Further, Communist philosophy is a natural extension of both Athiest thought and moral standards that are defined by the society they are implemented in.
I'd expect you to have at least read a pamphlet on the philosophy in your studies.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I myself am an atheist, but I'm by no means a communist.

WHAT???

You're an athiest but NOT a communist??? Have you allerted the "athei-a-comi" police and turn your self in ?

It seems you are in breach of the code ...Either turn your self in or I will have to.I have already copied your post so I have the evidence I need..Dont try and hide..You will just make it harder on your self.

Love

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
They're certainly not the only ones, and never have been. You can even make a pretty good case that they aren't the very worst ones. It's interesting, though, that people who follow what is supposedly the one true faith, and who supposedly have some special relationship with God, can't come up with any better excuse for their behavior than Other people are bad, too.

Smoke

Done here.
Further, Communist philosophy is a natural extension of both Athiest thought and moral standards that are defined by the society they are implemented in.
I suspect that even if that sentence made sense gramatically, it still wouldn't make sense.

Tristesse

WHAT???

You're an athiest but NOT a communist??? Have you allerted the "athei-a-comi" police and turn your self in ?

It seems you are in breach of the code ...Either turn your self in or I will have to.I have already copied your post so I have the evidence I need..Dont try and hide..You will just make it harder on your self.

Love

Dallas

Damn! their on to me! I need to lay low for a while. Those communist can be very.....er umm communist like.

Tristesse

According to Karl Marx, the philisophical founder of Communism, there can be no religious Communists since religion is the stated enemy of his philosophy, so to answer your assertion about religious Communists, there can be none.
I'd expect you to have at least read a pamphlet on the philosophy in your studies.

Well, in fact there are religious communists, It's a political ideology, not a religious one. Sure, the founder of it may have been non religious, but it's a political policy.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
I suspect that even if that sentence made sense gramatically, it still wouldn't make sense.
Just for you, I'll bring it down to street level..

Let's just say this for the sake of argument:
1. One believes there is no deity, by any name.
2. One believes that moral standards are set by the society that follows them.

1. No deity
A. Belief in any deity is foolish.
B. No one should believe in a deity.
C. Such foolish beliefs cause negative consequences for those who hold them.

2. Relative morals
A. What the most consider good, is good.
B. Doing what is good for the most, is a greater good.
i. Selfishness is evil(opposite of good).
ii. Profit comes from selfishness, therefore also evil.
iii. Private property is a selfish enterprise, since not all can enjoy something that only one owns.

Do I really need to break it down further for you, or can you follow this to a logical extension?

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Well, in fact there are religious communists, It's a political ideology, not a religious one. Sure, the founder of it may have been non religious, but it's a political policy.
Actually, by some definitions, it's more than that...it's *gasp* A RELIGION.

J Bryson

Which is the only one that matters as the founders were well aware. Somewhere in Paul's writings is a remark to the effect that if Christ is not risen our faith is in vain.

If you take out either the eternal reward or the eternal punishment the mythology becomes just another ethical system. And then no matter how laudatory it may be it holds no exalted place. Nor do its followers.

You are arguing for what my dear departed pastor would describe as a watered down toothless Christ who has no more reason to command our faith than Buddha or any other heathen prophet.

Paul was a follower of Jesus, not Jesus himself. In more than one place in the Gospels they show themselves to be unworthy of his trust despite constant chances on his part.

I don't consider the Jesus who drove the moneychangers from the temple, or who went up against the most powerful religious forces of his day in favor of a new way to be toothless or watered down. You may call it "just another ethical system", but I consider it to be a skeptical and healthy approach to tradition that one would think that you could appreciate.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
They're certainly not the only ones, and never have been. You can even make a pretty good case that they aren't the very worst ones. It's interesting, though, that people who follow what is supposedly the one true faith, and who supposedly have some special relationship with God, can't come up with any better excuse for their behavior than Other people are bad, too.

Well thats not my excuse!(for my bad behavior)

I just get sick and tired of Christians seeming to be the ones destroying humanity!

The "other people are bad too" is what a baby in a playpen would say..

Love

Dallas

J Bryson

I'm really tired of people blaming Constantine for all the problems with Christianity. It's unfair to blame Constantine for the way Christians behaved after their religion became legal, and it's certainly unfair to blame him for the way they behave now. Evangelicals, for example have jettisoned practically everything about historic Christianity. Their religion is for all practical purposes an entirely different religion from Constantine's. Same with Roman Catholicism -- and the majority of Christians in the world are Roman Catholics. Constantine is an easy scapegoat, but when it comes right down to it, nobody is responsible for the way Christians behave but Christians themselves.

They're all to blame, but as far as I know, he was the first to call upon Christ to help him to kill his enemies, and certainly the first to have the power to spread that version. If anyone before him did such a thing, I'd appreciate being corrected in this matter.