• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember when Obama...

rabkauhallA

Debate=healthy Bickering=rather not
At this this stage, I don't know whether it's even fair to blame Trump for this stuff. Any semi-competent White House staffer should have already hired a full-time employee whose only job it is to violently smack Trump's phone out of his hand the moment he opens his Twitter app.

That was funny. But I just have this maniacal notion that the President of the United States should be the most serious person in the room. I won't let myself get accustomed to a toddler leading our nation. I'm no Hillary fan, but she wouldnt shame us 140 characters at a time whenever something unnnfaaair was said on the news. No, she would have been assuring the world that Trump was a flash in the pan and we dodged an orange bullet. She knows about every single leader in the world and she's a known quantity to friends and foes alike.

While some might gripe that she's too hawkish and loves regime change, but I bet we wouldn't be freakin' about North Korean nukes annihilating South Korea and japan.

Boring presidents are what we need. No tantrum toddlers. No people with orangitis. No tough guy who looks at people as expendable pawns to claim he has the bigger weiner than Kim Jong Un. Those people belong in pubs talking tough knowing it will amount to nothing. Not actually the President. Wtf, people?! You did this to Earth!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And no one in the Obama administration was indicted for anything over eight years, but around 50 were indicted in "W" Bush's administration, and who knows how many may be indicted under Trump's reign of terror.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I can remember when Obama harassed journalists and their families because they were considering reporting about embarrassing leaks from his administration.

Then of course, there is there mysterious death of Michael Hastings. Say what you will about President Trump, I don't think anyone's alleged he would kill someone...
And I'll bet Mrs Trump doesn't take over the country's school lunches.
Where in the Constitution is that power?
News from The Associated Press
There are the strawmen!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are the strawmen!
th

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And no one in the Obama administration was indicted for anything over eight years, but around 50 were indicted in "W" Bush's administration, and who knows how many may be indicted under Trump's reign of terror.
In a thread specifically dedicated to comparing Obama & Trump,
it is perfectly reasonable to bring up Obama's failings, the OP's
intent being to jab at Trump notwithstanding.
"False equivalency" is not about comparison or tit for tat skewering.
Does no liberal understand this at all?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
In a thread specifically dedicated to comparing Obama & Trump,
it is perfectly reasonable to bring up Obama's failings, the OP's
intent being to jab at Trump notwithstanding.
"False equivalency" is not about comparison or tit for tat skewering.
Does no liberal understand this at all?
I have had my one page of frubals and serious talks. Wanna degrade this thread to memes and simpsons/american dad gifs?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have had my one page of frubals and serious talks. Wanna degrade this thread to memes and simpsons/american dad gifs?
I'm happy to remember Obama....just as your thread invited us to do.
But teaching moments will arise at times.
And there are more remembrances to come!

Grumpuss

I prefer calling them "false equivalences", which is exactly what they are. Having our children eat healthy foodstuff instead of ready-made garbage ain't quite the same potential problem as a possible "obstruction of justice" is.
Excuse me, it isn't. Obama's DOJ had reporters and their families threatened. For doing their jobs.

Please explain why it's okay when Obama attempts to shred the Constitution, but when Trump does it, it's time to freak out?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Dude, it's not even people leaking this crap. It's Trump tweeting it, himself, to the world.

Why not. Maybe Trump's bluffing or maybe not. Perhaps Trump suspects Comey will lie to the press and is warning him there may be evidence to call out Comey as a liar. There's just not enough there to get the whole picture. I think Trump is AOK and is definitely for America. I see nothing wrong with his comment.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Why not. Maybe Trump's bluffing or maybe not. Perhaps Trump suspects Comey will lie to the press and is warning him there may be evidence to call out Comey as a liar. There's just not enough there to get the whole picture. I think Trump is AOK and is definitely for America. I see nothing wrong with his comment.

Or maybe Trump is just a giant moron.