• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember when Obama...

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Why not. Maybe Trump's bluffing or maybe not. Perhaps Trump suspects Comey will lie to the press and is warning him there may be evidence to call out Comey as a liar. There's just not enough there to get the whole picture. I think Trump is AOK and is definitely for America. I see nothing wrong with his comment.
The President of the United States should not be playing a game of bluff via Twitter. That you think this is normal or applaudable behavior for our president is concerning-- not just because you personally may have questionable judgement but because it demonstrates the normalizing of the unacceptable behavior displayed by Mr. Trump.

The President does not need to go on Twitter to warn a fired FBI director that there is possible evidence to disprove possible lies. If such evidence exists, and if Comey decides to lie, well, then the President can show his evidence at that time. There is no need to forecast such a step; the "warning" is unnecessary for someone who occupied such a position as Comey did. Trump comes off, yet again, like a petulant child with taunts that one might expect more from the schoolyard than the Oval Office.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
The President of the United States should not be playing a game of bluff via Twitter. That you think this is normal or applaudable behavior for our president is concerning-- not just because you personally may have questionable judgement but because it demonstrates the normalizing of the unacceptable behavior displayed by Mr. Trump.
Could not have said it better myself. We cannot normalize this sort of behavior.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There is no need to forecast such a step; the "warning" is unnecessary for someone who occupied such a position as Comey did. Trump comes off, yet again, like a petulant child with taunts that one might expect more from the schoolyard than the Oval Office.
More than just petulant. Trump is acting the way I would expect from someone with serious secrets to keep. Guilty, in other words.

Again.
Tom

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
More than just petulant. Trump is acting the way I would expect from someone with serious secrets to keep. Guilty, in other words.

Again.
Tom
I must disagree with this. To me, nothing says "innocent man" like threatening people. I consider it an incredibly reassuring gesture.

The other day, for example, I didn't steal my neighbour's car. So, just to make it absolutely clear that I did not commit said crime, I threatened my neighbour and told them that if they ever told the police I stole their car that I would get them fired from their job and thrown out of home. That way, there can be absolutely no confusion about my innocence. It makes perfect sense!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then make your own thread! Simple is still too complex for some.
So you've a thread with Obama in the title, & a comparison to Trump.
You put in political debates....N Americastanian politics....not Liberal Only.
How's a guy to know you want a Trump criticism echo chamber?

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member

The President does not need to go on Twitter to warn a fired FBI director that there is possible evidence to disprove possible lies. If such evidence exists, and if Comey decides to lie, well, then the President can show his evidence at that time. There is no need to forecast such a step; the "warning" is unnecessary for someone who occupied such a position as Comey did. Trump comes off, yet again, like a petulant child with taunts that one might expect more from the schoolyard than the Oval Office.

Who are you to say what is acceptable behavior? Trump was elected by the people and everybody could see how he is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who are you to say what is acceptable behavior? Trump was elected by the people and everybody could see how he is.
I found his behavior unacceptable, but voted for him despite that.
(He was the lesser of 2 unacceptables. And I must admit....the prospect
of watching Democrats seethe with apoplectic rage if he won was titillating.)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I found his behavior unacceptable, but voted for him despite that.
(He was the lesser of 2 unacceptables. And I must admit....the prospect
of watching Democrats seethe with apoplectic rage if he won was titillating.)

I'm going to look up apoplectic, just to get a better idea of what the Democrats are feeling. Thanks

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm a citizen too, which gives me a voice. And actually the majority of those who bothered to vote didn't vote for Trump.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Excuse me, it isn't. Obama's DOJ had reporters and their families threatened. For doing their jobs.

Please explain why it's okay when Obama attempts to shred the Constitution, but when Trump does it, it's time to freak out?
When you post a link from any serious news source, then I'll respond to the above beyond this.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I can remember when Obama harassed journalists and their families because they were considering reporting about embarrassing leaks from his administration.
I can't remember a single president in all my years of following politics that didn't complain about leaks and say they were going after the leakers.

Then of course, there is there mysterious death of Michael Hastings. Say what you will about President Trump, I don't think anyone's alleged he would kill someone...
A "mysterious death", and that you supposed link to the Obamas? Here in the good old U.S., according to the Constitution, we operate out of "innocent until proven guilty". Where do you live?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The willingness and ability of USA voters to confidently assert such demonstrably false things(AKA lies) has a lot to do with why we keep electing lying scumbag politicians to high office.
Tom

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

Attachments

• IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 0

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm a citizen too, which gives me a voice. And actually the majority of those who bothered to vote didn't vote for Trump.
Neither did the majority vote for Hillary.
The primary process notwithstanding, I say
the majority would've preferred better choices.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Neither did the majority vote for Hillary.
The primary process notwithstanding, I say
the majority would've preferred better choices.
The majority did vote for Hillary.
Nothing wrong with the primary process with the recent election
The majority probably would have preferred better choices, doesn't mean you settle for one of the worst in recent history.

Trump has been unfit for presidency for decades, this isn't anything new.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
So you've a thread with Obama in the title, & a comparison to Trump.
You put in political debates....N Americastanian politics....not Liberal Only.
How's a guy to know you want a Trump criticism echo chamber?
Lord knows I couldn't put it anywhere else! You would whine about it.