• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember when Obama...

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Quite the contrary.
Anything Trump does, from nominate Gorsuch to accuse Obama of a felony, can be interpreted as the sort of thing the USA people voted against.
Which we did. That it doesn't matter is a problem. Trump is what we voted against. I don't really care what 18th century slavers thought they were doing. I am talking about now.
Tom
I have nearly just as much problem with this as I do @esmith saying that "the people" found Trump acceptable. "We" also includes the Trump voters, of which there were nearly 63 million, and only 2 percentage points less than Clinton. Blanket statements really just don't work when speaking of American political preferences.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anything Trump does, from nominate Gorsuch to accuse Obama of a felony, can be interpreted as the sort of thing the USA people voted against.
Which we did. That it doesn't matter is a problem. Trump is what we voted against.
To restate....
Wahhh!
Wahhh!
I didn't get my way!
The rules aren't fairrrrrrrrrrrr!

I had to do that.
Some of us had never voted for a winning candidate.
So we're not sympathetic with the sense of entitlement.
I don't really care what 18th century slavers thought they were doing. I am talking about now.
Tom
Let's say you got your way, ie, giving government the right to ignore Constitution.
Trump would have that power.
Would you like that?

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Let's say you got your way, ie, giving government the right to ignore Constitution.
Where did I suggest any such thing?
The Constitution gives states the right to choose this method of deciding. The question is will it improve things, like voter engagement and representation.
I believe it will and help dislodge the stranglehold the current power elite have on the government.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Where did I suggest any such thing?
You didn't specifically.
But it could've been behind the "18th century slavers thought" comment.
I wouldn't want to just assume.
So I had to ask.
The Constitution gives states the right to choose this method of deciding. The question is will it improve things, like voter engagement and representation.
I believe it will and help dislodge the stranglehold the current power elite have on the government.
So we'd switch to a "stranglehold" of a plurality of voters?
Sounds like a minimal improvement.....but I'll go along.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So you'll deny reality? What's next for you- you'll only believe articles from properly vetted sources like Salon and MotherJones.

Seems like what they said about you was true...
So, as I suspected, you didn't and seemingly can't provide even one source to support your accusation, instead just making insults about me whereas you don't even know me.

So, since you did not and apparently cannot add anything to the discussion, ...

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
So, as I suspected, you didn't and seemingly can't provide even one source to support your accusation, instead just making insults about me whereas you don't even know me.

So, since you did not and apparently cannot add anything to the discussion, ...
See: Troll Handbook, page 6, paragraph 2.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Don't kid yourself. Those tweets are for his base, not you. Using Twitter allows him to bypass the media and speak crazy directly to the people who hear it best, with no fact-checking getting in the way.
It is finally starting to hurt his mental stability though. He is obviously having some kind of mental breakdown lately. And, he's literally saying "why is everyone being so mean to me" followed by calling his adversaries derogatory names. Finally, his campaign strategy is coming back to haunt him in a way that is actually hurting him personally.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Suggest you proceed posthaste and acquire a written copy before the UC Berkley idea sweeps the nation:)
I tried to trademark it but they beat me too it! I gave it the ol'... COLLEGE try! harharhar.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why is healthier lunches for kids a bad thing? Whether or not it is overreach, it seems like a good idea, right?
It's a wonderful idea....except that to allow the fed unlimited power over us is a very bad thing.
The Constitution doesn't allow the President's wife to dictate school children's lunch menu throughout the land.
Do you think that they should have the legal ability to do anything they think is right, even when it's unconstitutional?
Or just the things you approve of?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It's a wonderful idea....except that to allow the fed unlimited power over us is a very bad thing.
The Constitution doesn't allow the President's wife to dictate school children's lunch menu throughout the land.
Do you think that they should have the legal ability to do anything they think is right, even when it's unconstitutional?
Or just the things you approve of?
No. I just think that the healthier school lunch program was a good idea. Trump went out of his way to cancel it, and he didn't provide any reasoning as to why it was a bad thing.