• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Replacing/Removing God/Religion

blackout

Violet.
football I strongly dislike.

politics I loathe.

bread i am allergic to.

this forum is a circus.

Sex/sexuality/sensuality is an intrinsic part of my "religion" and ritual...
guess we're just gunna have to do away with it all.
too bad.

After all you can't be all picky choosy now. Can you.... :tsk:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Don't you just hate that? As if those of us that do believe in some sort of deity are somehow less mature than those who don't believe. Like spiritual awareness is a child's thing, like baby blankets and favorite teddy bears. Our beliefs are treated as if they are the same thing as a child's security blanket and we must "outgrow" them. You know, perhaps some people live their lives believing what they do out of fear of facing the real world, but there are a great many of us that don't fear and have no need for security and didn't come to our beliefs for any of those reasons. It's actually quite insulting to hear our beliefs are things we must "outgrow". Who made non-believers the parents of society at large to determine that believers need to "outgrow" anything?
Frubals.

OmarKhayyam

I have yet to understand why there is a need to "outgrow" it.

It is called intellectual and emotional maturity. The realization we are quite alone and totally responsible for our lives. There is no fairy god-father looking out for you. No Jewish zombie is coming back to set things right. No magical spell or incantation will help you. No prayer or cry in the nite to some supernatural force will do anything other make you feel like you did something.

There is nobody or anything anywhere that gives a frack about us but US. We can expect from the universe exactly what we see; cold and detached indifference.

Grow up! Live your own life on your own terms. There will be no second chance. Don’t waste this spangle of existence on some myth, legend, placebo, fairy tale, or imaginary friend.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
ok, who else feels like a jerk now? You're no more responsible for you belief than I am for me disbelief, if that makes any difference. You know you're one of the highly regarded ones around the forum.

I'll return to my corner now 8^(

No you don't....you come right back out here!!!!
You are responsible for what you believe.

Now I would be willing to cut slack for anyone.
For example...if you were born in Brazil, there would be the outstanding likelihood you would be catholic....in a communist country...something else..so forth and so on.

Your immediate life and living will bear influence upon you...granted.

But I believe in life after death. Consequently Someone will ask.....
Who told you that!
Why did you believe it?!!!!!
And there is consequence all around.

Be mindful what you reject.

blackout

Violet.
It is called intellectual and emotional maturity. The realization we are quite alone and totally responsible for our lives. There is no fairy god-father looking out for you. No Jewish zombie is coming back to set things right. No magical spell or incantation will help you. No prayer or cry in the nite to some supernatural force will do anything other make you feel like you did something.

There is nobody or anything anywhere that gives a frack about us but US. We can expect from the universe exactly what we see; cold and detached indifference.

Grow up! Live your own life on your own terms. There will be no second chance. Don’t waste this spangle of existence on some myth, legend, placebo, fairy tale, or imaginary friend.

You sure think you have everybody all "wrapped up" don't you.

The immaturity of your thinking could not wrap a neuron around
what my "religion" is about.

You think you live your life on your own terms?
heh. Every damned thing you do or don't do, own or buy or sell,
have or hold, has terms attached.
down to the water you drink, and the air you breathe.
You can thank your government, and your leaders...your Rulers... for that.

I don't want to live by THEIR terms... or 'your terms' either.

My whole life has to do with the fine art of living by my own terms.
(Even when others are busy trying to "en'force" me..or "author'ize" me.)
That FOR ME is what spell casting is all about.
(casting my own terms)

Last edited:

MSizer

MSizer
I have yet to understand why there is a need to "outgrow" it.

Becuase superstition tends to impede the acquisition of knowledge, and knowledge is a key factor in being able to make decisions which will result in lowered human suffering.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You sure think you have everybody all "wrapped up" don't you.

The immaturity of your thinking could not wrap a neuron around
what my "religion" is about.

You think you live your life on your own terms?
heh. Every damned thing you do or don't do, own or buy or sell,
have or hold, has terms attached.
down to the water you drink, and the air you breathe.
You can thank your government, and your leaders...your Rulers... for that.

(casting my own terms)

YES!YES!YES!
God I could love this woman!

MSizer

MSizer
No you don't....you come right back out here!!!!
You are responsible for what you believe.

Ok captain, whatever you say. Your blatant lack of understanding of human psychology is glaring here. NOBODY CHOOSES to believe anything. Conviction is an unconcious process. Don't believe me? Try to convince yourself that dogs don't exist. Let me know when you succeed. Or, try to convince yourself that the computer you're using is made of strawberry kool-aid. Good luck. You don't choose to believe your computer is not made of kool aid, you simply don't believe it, because the action of conviction is completely unconcious.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to choose what you believe.

OmarKhayyam

(casting my own terms)

I fail to see where that conflicts with anything I said.:confused::confused:

blackout

Violet.
In order to get rid of my gOd
you would basically have to get rid of the ALL of existence,
and potential existence, itSelf.

The entire fabric of BEing.

Good luck with that.

Draka

Wonder Woman

I believe this post made my point.

I have a suggestion for you Omar. Why don't YOU grow up and get some maturity? This whole thing sounds like a temper-tantrum from a child stomping their feet and screaming "You're wrong! You're wrong! You're wrong!"

I find it highly ironic that someone who apparently thinks that they have answers others don't have is throwing a pitch fit over other people who think they have answers he doesn't. So if anyone needs to be told here to "Grow up"...it is you Omar. Instead of insulting all theists and lumping them all into one group and pinning a donkey tail on them as hard as you can...why don't you take the blindfold off first and learn something...or is that too much to ask of you?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ok captain, whatever you say. Your blatant lack of understanding of human psychology is glaring here. NOBODY CHOOSES to believe anything. Conviction is an unconcious process. Don't believe me? Try to convince yourself that dogs don't exist. Let me know when you succeed. Or, try to convince yourself that the computer you're using is made of strawberry kool-aid. Good luck. You don't choose to believe your computer is not made of kool aid, you simply don't believe it, because the action of conviction is completely unconcious.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to choose what you believe.

It's no wonder you don't believe in God.

If your unconscious state of mind is in control of what you believe....
it's a wonder you are functional.
Your previous post made no sense at all.
As if you can't be convinced....of anything...as if your dreams have as much to do with your convictions as any science or philosophy.

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman

As if you can't be convinced....of anything...as if your dreams have as much to do with your convictions as any science or philosophy.

Actually, his post made perfect sense. You can't force yourself to believe in something. You believe in something because of certain experiences and occurances in your life that lead you to believe something. You did not "choose" to believe something. Your mind naturally believed with no choice involved. Likewise, since you did not choose your beliefs, you cannot willingly just "choose" to believe something different. I could no more "choose" to believe in the Christian god as I could "choose" to believe in winged ferrets. My mind has no basis to substantiate either of those beliefs, thus...I cannot just believe in them simply because I "choose" to.

OmarKhayyam

Congrats on missing the point.:rolleyes:

BTW, you convinced your computer is kool aid yet.:rolleyes:

Draka

Wonder Woman
All yagottado is produce your "god." A few questions will settle this entire matter.

Failing that . . . .

Do I control the Divine to "produce" It? I didn't know that.

All "yagottado" is admit you're being a douchewaffle. Failing that . . . .