• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican tells Native American to go back where you came from

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is a perfect example of how evil some on the right have become. It proves that it's not just Dementia Donny but that he's just a symptom of the serious disease in the body politic.

On Tuesday, local Democrat and Republican representatives organized a “Meet your candidates” forum in the northern Idaho town of Kendrick. Three contenders from each party vying for District 6 legislative seats - one senate and two house representatives positions - answered questions submitted by audience members.​
When asked if discrimination existed in Idaho, conservative Sen. Dan Foreman said no.​
In a statement released Wednesday, Democratic candidate for House Seat A and member of the Nez Perce tribe Trish Carter-Goodheart said she pushed back on that idea when it was her turn to speak, pointing to her own experience and the history of white supremacy groups in Northern Idaho.​
“[J]ust because someone hasn’t personally experienced discrimination, doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Racism and discrimination are real issues here in Idaho, as anyone familiar with our state’s history knows,” the statement read. “I highlighted our weak hate crime laws and mentioned the presence of the Aryan Nations in northern Idaho as undeniable evidence of this reality.”​
Foreman stood up and angrily interjected, using an expletive to criticize what he cast as the liberal bent of the response, according to the release and people present at the forum.​
Carter-Goodheart said he then told her she should go back to where she came from, and heatedly stormed off.​

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are many stories like this one that emphasize the point I made in the OP

The Minneapolis Police Department inducted 23 officers in its latest graduation ceremony last month. Ikran Mohamed is the first Somali-American woman to become an officer, while Lesly Vera joins the force as its first permanent U.S. resident to become an officer, having moved to the U.S. from Mexico when she was four.​
But O'Hara took to WCCO-AM radio this week to express the "disgust" with the racist abuse the pair have received after their hiring came to the attention of right-wing groups on X, formerly Twitter, which was then boosted by X owner Elon Musk.​

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is a perfect example of how evil some on the right have become. It proves that it's not just Dementia Donny but that he's just a symptom of the serious disease in the body politic.

On Tuesday, local Democrat and Republican representatives organized a “Meet your candidates” forum in the northern Idaho town of Kendrick. Three contenders from each party vying for District 6 legislative seats - one senate and two house representatives positions - answered questions submitted by audience members.​
When asked if discrimination existed in Idaho, conservative Sen. Dan Foreman said no.​
In a statement released Wednesday, Democratic candidate for House Seat A and member of the Nez Perce tribe Trish Carter-Goodheart said she pushed back on that idea when it was her turn to speak, pointing to her own experience and the history of white supremacy groups in Northern Idaho.​
“[J]ust because someone hasn’t personally experienced discrimination, doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Racism and discrimination are real issues here in Idaho, as anyone familiar with our state’s history knows,” the statement read. “I highlighted our weak hate crime laws and mentioned the presence of the Aryan Nations in northern Idaho as undeniable evidence of this reality.”​
Foreman stood up and angrily interjected, using an expletive to criticize what he cast as the liberal bent of the response, according to the release and people present at the forum.​
Carter-Goodheart said he then told her she should go back to where she came from, and heatedly stormed off.​
Forman has a history of shouting profanity and confronting people.

So I am to gather this single person now represents most Republicans? Is that the accusation here?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

#self-own, #trash-takes-itself-out

Pogo

So I am to gather this single person now represents most Republicans? Is that the accusation here?
No it is just a reminder that Trump is not the only xenophobic idiot spewing disgusting rhetoric, it is up to the Republican party to self police and remove these disgusting candidates and to Republicans who are upstanding and moral not to vote for them. It really is that simple.

gotti

Well, philosophically speaking, everyone who isn't dead is going somewhere.

So it's not entirely absurd to tell anyone that.

But yeah - I guess context is important.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist

The sting associated with the comment, given they are vying for seats as representatives for the people, would seem to possibly be the kind of infecting element able to jeopardize and compromise that person's campaign effort, perhaps holding some longevity in that way. Representative for who, for which people, what state, which culture, holding what views exactly? Home is where? Was it sexist in nature or maybe a scandal between them unknown to simpletons like us. To speculate is humorous, but I wonder ...

"Honey, just go back to bed. Ok?"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

The level of stupidity & hostility does.
It's just a different flavor from the usual
racism, abusing immigrants, claims of a
stolen election, etc, etc.
Republicans have a real problem with
Trump having turned their party into a
cult. It's changed the usual balance of
stupidity & corruption between them
& Democrats.

Pogo

#self-own, #trash-takes-itself-out

General election for Idaho State Senate District 6​

Dan Foreman defeated incumbent David Nelson and James Hartley in the general election for Idaho State Senate District 6 on November 8, 2022.

Candidate%Votes
Image of https://s3.amazonaws.com/ballotpedia-api4/files/thumbs/100/100/DanForemanID.jpg
Dan Foreman (R)
Image of https://s3.amazonaws.com/ballotpedia-api4/files/thumbs/100/100/DNelson-6622.jpg
David Nelson (D)
Silhouette Placeholder Image.png
James Hartley (Constitution Party)
He didn't win by too much last time.

Ballotpedia Logo
Incumbents are bolded and underlined. The results have been certified. SourceTotal votes: 20,318
Candidate Connection
= candidate completed the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection survey.
If you are a candidate and would like to tell readers and voters more about why they should vote for you, complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey.
Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? Contact our sales team.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Idaho has a long history and a full one of being a home to white supremacist groups. My biracial daughter was stationed in Mountain Home, Idaho and loved it though. But she was warned in advance of moving there about the white supremacists. I was worried sick about them but she never encountered them to her knowledge.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Idaho has a long history and a full one of being a home to white supremacist groups. My biracial daughter was stationed in Mountain Home, Idaho and loved it though. But she was warned in advance of moving there about the white supremacists. I was worried sick about them but she never encountered them to her knowledge.
Yup, Idaho is where Aryan Nations had their big compound.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No it is just a reminder that Trump is not the only xenophobic idiot spewing disgusting rhetoric, it is up to the Republican party to self police and remove these disgusting candidates and to Republicans who are upstanding and moral not to vote for them. It really is that simple.
Yes, it really is that simple. So you think the party and its voters are going to do it?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
After 20 years in the wilderness maybe.
I get it...

...but sadly, I think it might be longer. We are talking about the most powerful nation on earth, and if it falters --if it loses control over the institutions that make it function -- this whole world will turn in another direction. Five hundred years since the beginning of the enlightenment that gave us the ideals expressed in the Declaration of Indepence and the Preamble to the Constitution, and I truly believe the world will succumb to the dark side of our history.

And knowing humans (as I think I do), it might well take us another 500 years to recover.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, philosophically speaking, everyone who isn't dead is going somewhere.

So it's not entirely absurd to tell anyone that.

But yeah - I guess context is important.
That doesn't even address the point. This Rep bunghole told a Native to back from where she came from. He's such an ignoramus he doesn't realize she is very much indeed where she came from, more so than his imbicilic hide.