• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Vegetarians, Untie!

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

Even though I will say...kids should IMHO already be eating a fair amount of all the vegetables bitter included whether they are vegetarians or not.

Love

Dallas

I agree. I'll be feeding my kids bitter greens from birth, so they will be used to it.

BTW I tried boiled turnips with a bit of butter and sugar and they were fabulous!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I agree. I'll be feeding my kids bitter greens from birth, so they will be used to it.

BTW I tried boiled turnips with a bit of butter and sugar and they were fabulous!

I absolutley LOVE turnip greens..Try them with the root too..You boil them with the greens..they are delicous too and have vitamin C.

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

My wife and I are going vegetarian. We're not strictly committed, but we haven't had meat in two weeks. I think that's a good start.

A big reason for this is our desire to go all organic, and limit our fat intake.

When grilling season starts up again, we may loosen up a bit on the weekends if we can find a good butcher. :beach:
Gosh it seems like forever. We've been pretty faithful to our vegetarianism.

I didn't cook one peice of meat on my grill this summer, and I usually grill every day.

I lost 18 lbs, I don't think that my wife lost any. :p

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
My wife and I are going vegetarian. We're not strictly committed, but we haven't had meat in two weeks. I think that's a good start.

A big reason for this is our desire to go all organic, and limit our fat intake.

When grilling season starts up again, we may loosen up a bit on the weekends if we can find a good butcher. :beach:

I use to weigh 277 and was going up....

I got serious about my weight and cut way back on sugar, no sodas, started to eat more whole grains...drank LOTS of water.

I exercised a couple days out of the week and used my Nintendo Wii Sport CD.

I'm now 195 and in line with my BMI numbers.

I didn't go vegetarian, although that is an awesome idea...but I love meat..so I did invest more in grass fed bison, beef. I eat farm raised turkey and chicken as well as Shrimp (high in protein).

I don't hunt but have a couple friends who do and can get deer meat whenever deer season is in. A few years back I used to go to Fudbruckers (a burger place) and they made an awesome Ostrich burger (very lean in fat).

Get some bison when you guys are ready. If you've have it you may not want store bought beef again.

Good luck on your journey....

P.S. Be careful because going vegetarian can lead you to eat more fatty foods such as cheese, eating more bread (carbs), and over seasoning food (too much sodium). It can....not that it will....

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I didn't cook one peice of meat on my grill this summer, and I usually grill every day.

Congrats on your continued vegetarianism.

For me, weight loss was a problem when I transitioned from vegetarian to veganism. I was underweight to begin with, and taking things like cookies and cake (with dairy/egg products) out of my diet ended up making it difficult to maintain my weight, especially on a student meal plan with limited options.

Eventually I had to cheat a little bit and have some cookies or something similar from time to time. I can't really say I didn't enjoy those cookies though...

Now I'm about 99% vegan, only having the very occasional dairy/egg ingredient.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I've never been a chocolate person. Saw a recipe for "Chocolate Delight" on YouTube. Basically the chocolate powder, coco nut oil and a sweetener such as (Splenda or Stevia).... It's "OK" but nothing is like the regular stuff...

The wife is coo coo for chocolate....I'm sure Halloween is her favorite time of the season. She always buys more chocolate than she can hand out......

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

We've gone vegetarian Monday thru Friday and only have meat on Saturday/Sunday nights. And then it's either beef or poultry.

Energy

Seeker
I would love to eat less meat, because the amount of meat that's consumed nowadays is just not healthy. I think it would be a good idea for everyone to just eat fish or meat three times a week, and the rest of the days must be totally vegetarian. That would be a lot better for planet earth.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, Energy! It would be better for the planet, for animals, and for human health. But people are too self indulgent for that :rolleyes:

I have been lacto-vegetarian for about six years now and I have no regrets! :) Although I do miss scrambled eggs sometimes... :D If only people would eat a vegetarian meal one day a week... we would help feed the world :)