• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Vegetarians, Untie!

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

dallas1125

Covert Operative
I have been lacto-vegetarian for about six years now and I have no regrets! :) Although I do miss scrambled eggs sometimes... :D If only people would eat a vegetarian meal one day a week... we would help feed the world :)
I actually (try to) do that! Not really well though...

P.S. I feel weird posting here cause im a hunter...

Wannabe Yogi

I actually (try to) do that! Not really well though...

P.S. I feel weird posting here cause im a hunter...

Even though I don't eat meat. I don't see Hunting as the same kind of problem that factory farming of animals is for our planet.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Glad you see it like that! Sorry for hijacking your guys' thread...

For me the ethics of it depend on the motivation or reason. If it's just for fun, I could not agree with hunting. If it is a source of food that is somehow necessary and done with care and appreciation, then I don't judge it.

dallas1125

Covert Operative
As long as you eat what you hunt, as well as be grateful towards the source of your food, I`m alright with that. Word of Wisdom! ;)
Yep I love the WOW! I eat what I hunt so no worries there! ;)

Although I still think of those poor fluffy bunnies... :(
They arent a great hunt...no food at all, but good fur...Dont worry, I only hunt big game and birds. I really want a bunny as a pet though, they are so cute!

bunny.jpg

cute-bunny.jpg

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I need to get back to my vegetarian diet. I was much more energetic and happy. Then I moved and starting eating meat again. Gah...

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you mean?

It usually contains various dairy products (dairy is 'meat' to non-lacto veggies): Whole milk, milk solids, milk fat, lactose, whey, &c. It usually uses lecithin as an emulsifier. some brands specify soy lecithin, but others don't, so who knows weather they got it from soybeans, egg yolks, livestock brain or ??
Some strict vegans also eschew cane sugar, as most of it is bone filtered and contains bone residue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It usually contains various dairy products (dairy is 'meat' to non-lacto veggies): Whole milk, milk solids, milk fat, lactose, whey, &c. It usually uses lecithin as an emulsifier. some brands specify soy lecithin, but others don't, so who knows weather they got it from soybeans, egg yolks, livestock brain or ??
Some strict vegans also eschew cane sugar, as most of it is bone filtered and contains bone residue.
They make vegan chocolate.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

I think I want to cry. I didn't know that about choc OR sugarcane :sad4:

dallas1125

Covert Operative
No worries, heres a vegan chocolate bar list:

Chocolove Dark Chocolate and Orange Peel

Trader Joe's brand chocolate chips

Newman's Own Chocolate Bars: Sweet Dark Espresso and Sweet Dark Orange, regular and organic)

Ritter Sport - Chocolate Mint (the light blue ones) and Marzipan (the red one)

Green and Blacks Organic Chocolate - Dark Chocolate

Organic Equal Exchange Chocolate All flavors except for milk chocolate

Endangered Species Dark Chocolate (most, but not all flavors)
Sunspire and Tropical Source (chocolate chips and chocolate bars)

Whole Foods Brand Chocolate Chips

Whole Foods Brand Dark Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate with Almonds

Dagoba
Plamil Organic Vegan Chocolate (fair trade)

Terra Nostra Rice Milk Vegan Choco Bars

Sjaaks

Bug Bites

And here are some other chocolate treats:
Chocolate Creme flavored Oreo cookies

Vegan Ice Cream (I like Purely Decadent brand Chocolate Peanut Butter Zig-Zag and Temptation Brand Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavour)

Peanut Chews candy

Wax Orchards brand Fat Free Fudge Sauces

Luna Bars

Reese's Cereal

Cocoa powder, any brand, as long as its 100% cocoa

Chocolatey Chip and Chocolate flavor Teddy Grahams

Trader Joe's brand vegan chocolate chip cookies

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Oops, sorry. Maybe a shoulda kept my mouth shut.:(

You'd be surprised at the foods that contain animal products, though. You generally have to read the ingredients lists on the back.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Oops, sorry. Maybe a shoulda kept my mouth shut.:(

You'd be surprised at the foods that contain animal products, though. You generally have to read the ingredients lists on the back.

I normally do, some foods in particular (like cheese, to see which cultures are used). But I generally just assume that chocolate is perfect :sad4: