• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saddam is gone!

Booko

Deviled Hen
ChrisP said:
FYI that's the whole point of a Justice system. IMO anyway.

Impeachment has little to do with justice, though. And as a practical matter, it takes so long that all it would do is remove a sitting president who's already a lame duck, but only a year early (at most) and replace him with Dick Cheney.

Uh...so even if someone thinks Bush was Satan's minion himself, what would be the point?

It would be better for the next 2 years if we spent our time on some pressing domestic issues, not to mention get back to our usual traditions of Congressional oversight.

All of which has nothing to do with Saddam, alas.

Well, the news today is...he's still dead. :eek:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Booko said:
I would hardly agree that Bush is as bad as Saddam in one way, though.

I agree with that.

I do hope the Democrats go crazy with investigations and if they find anything they're not at all shy about bringing it to the public's attention.

Edit- To keep in touch with the original post, I will say that they released the movie of Saddam's hanging almost entirely. The only part that isn't shown is the moment when his neck breaks.

Booko

Deviled Hen
GeneCosta said:
I do hope the Democrats go crazy with investigations and if they find anything they're not at all shy about bringing it to the public's attention.

They would be wiser to take the long view, and do everything possible to ensure they do their job in a professional and workmanlike manner, and not go crazy.

If investigations are perceived as mere tit-for-tat, the majority of Americans will not take the possible problems seriously, support continuation of investigations, and there will be a backlash in two years.

Unfortunately, recent history has shown that politicans of either major party have little wisdom.