• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Music 2nd thread

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I think lyrics are important. Dark Funeral's lyrics are no where near the best in literature, lol. The words should be Satanically poetic. Here are some of my lyrics to a song I wrote a while back called "Excidium", you be the judge:

Languishing for ever deep in heavenly despair
The angels sigh, weeping for the loss of the heir
Satan Arch-Daemon, lord of all he surveys
Rules a throne now black, once gold, on this the end of days.

Nailed upon his cross defiled, cursed priest of lies
Crimson tears, the blood of sorrow dripping from his eyes
King of the subservient race, fallen Nazarene son
Thy father hath forsaken thee for the day of the trinity is done.

Daemons of Infernal Light
I convoke the eternal Word of Aeons
Descend unto thy fortress of shadows
And enfold me in the raptures of damnation.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I thought it was better because it wasn't as overt. It's much easier to just say "Hail Satan" upfront, rather than having people pretend they can hear by spinning a record backwards, but it requires more talent to make the metaphors, analogies, and allusions that show you the lyrics are Satanic, rather than being upfront and direct about them being about Satan. I thought the instrumental parts were more mass consumption friendly given the prog rock nature of them for this album, but I don't mind because I love prog rock (which, except for a few examples of singles and hits, and a couple of bands, hasn't been all that mass consumption oriented - like the Peter Gabriel Genesis which wasn't as nearly mass consumption friendly as the Phil Collins Genesis). Spirit, for example, singing of the possibilities and mobility, no return, and Edgar Allen Poe, or Cirice, which seems to speak directly to the "outsiders" that make up the bulk majority of metalheads; it's more creative than "come together as one for Lucifer's son" or "hear our Satanic prayer, our anti-Nicene creed." The Beast, of many names, whom without I cannot see, who is insurrection and who is the force that made me be, and Mummy Dust, the magnet for stupidity, is just awesome!

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely, but Majesty originally had the word Satan in it -- it was removed for commercial reasons. That's generally what us musicians refer to as, "being sold out..." :) I want the original songs with the original words, not the safety vest wearing versions of them. :)

Although it hasn't been explicitly said, me and my wife always debate that Ghost is closer to Peter Gabriel Genesis in function -- then they play some sort of Floyd-esque riff... Haha...

I'm hit or miss with most prog rock really... Never much was a fan of Floyd or Genesis personally, but I don't dislike them -- I just ran out of time. Also, most of the players in prog rock are in that 70s -- skip it -- zone for me. I really hate 70s music compared to what came before or after -- there are zones of crap music... 70s, most of the early 80s, second half of 2000-2010... Just lots of bad music in general in those times... There are a few exceptions, but generally I rather spend my time not messing with the dearth of the trash in these periods. Most of these periods are dominated by pop bands, and with few exceptions they are putting out extremely repetitive and formulaic music. :)

VioletVortex

Removing Satanic references from your music for commercial reasons is definitely selling out. It's a little different for religious reasons, but I disagree with their views in both cases. Could Marilyn Manson have sold out because he probably joined the Church of Satan for commercial reasons? He joined because it would **** off the parents of the kids who buy his records, making the kids buy more to shock their parents. I almost want to say he sold out, but I'm not exactly sure. I will say that we should not Marilyn Manson Satanic Music here, though. Stryper is more Satanic than him. I do like Marilyn Manson's music to an extent, though.

Dark Funeral's music is strong lyrically, but most of their songs on The Secrets of the Black Arts, the Dark Funeral album I have, sound the same. The production there is pretty cool, though. It makes it sound symphonic.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Here are some Setian lyrics to one of my own songs inspired by my ritual invocation of Set:

Beyond the Threshold
by Adramelek

I stand before the altar of the Midnight Sun,
As I summon the Black Flame into my midst
That I may work my will upon the warp and weave of the world.
Open the gates of the Blazing Trapezoid
And come forth from beyond the Abyss,
To greet me as a brother and kindred soul.

Enshroud me with the Powers of Infernus;
Let them become one with me
As I am become one with the Eternal Set,
Whose Kingdom is within the Darkness,
Behind the Constellation of the Seven Stars.

As I send forth my most exalted and sublime self,
Arm it with the Shining Pentagram of Set
And with the Sceptre called Giver of Winds,
That it may slay the cosmic stasis,
And cast down all that is moved to appear against it.

Beyond the threshold of Aeons,
From the primordial depths
I am risen up, and I am become transformed
Like the mighty Khepera,
With the Wings of the Falcon I soar the Infinite.

I dwell in the fane of the eternal Flame of Ba.
Space and time bend to my will,
And I am Ancient One of Life, Death, and Life beyond Death.
Hear then, this Doom that I pronounce,
And beware the Ka which now Comes Into Being
Through that Dark Art which is mine to command.

I have Come Into Being
And by the Process of my Becoming
I have Become the Creator
Of That which has Come Into Being!

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dark Funeral's music is strong lyrically, but most of their songs on The Secrets of the Black Arts, the Dark Funeral album I have, sound the same. The production there is pretty cool, though. It makes it sound symphonic.

Exactly, I love DF's sound, but its not just through production its how both guitars working together, both playing individual chord variations which gives them that unique symphonic sound. The same with their "Vobiscum Satanas" album. ;) :smileycat:

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Could Marilyn Manson have sold out because he probably joined the Church of Satan for commercial reasons? He joined because it would **** off the parents of the kids who buy his records, making the kids buy more to shock their parents. I almost want to say he sold out, but I'm not exactly sure.
He initially turned it down, as he didn't know what it was about and thought it was hardly anything more than a cheap immature shock - and then he read up on it and accepted the offer. However, I do not know if it was Brian Warner the man or Marilyn Manson the gimmick that was inducted.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I love Franz Liszt's B minor piano sonata (the ultimate piano sonata), which I affectionately call the 'Sonata Diabolus' ('Devil's Sonata'). It's about 30 minutes long all one movement, performed here beautifully by the lovely Valentina Lisitsa.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Turn it up and engrace yourself in the glory of black metal modulation!

Last edited:

VioletVortex

I'm listening to Burzum's Jeg Faller right now, not Satanic, but it is pretty dark sounding black metal. Any other huge fans of Burzum here?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hail, this talented young lady performing a piano/violin cover of Dark Funeral's "Hail Murder".

Dark Funeral, "Hail Murder" live, can you hear the melodies?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ghost is going to be on Colbert/Late Show Friday. It should be interesting, especially considering Papa's Cardinal outfit with inverted crosses being on mainstream TV, and also considering Colbert is Catholic.