• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Music 2nd thread

VioletVortex

I don't feel like messing around with YouTube links right now, my kindle screen is broken and only half of it works, meaning I have to use portrait view to type. Switching the views constantly is a nightmare. There is a black metal band I really like called Black Funeral. He writes really interesting Satanic muisc. I suggest looking them up.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
On this sacred day/night to me -- one of my favorite pieces "Totentanz" (Dance Macabrae), by my favorite composer Franz Liszt, performed by my favorite pianist Valentina Lisitsa with orchestra;

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Valentina plays Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody no. 2", kind of a serious and amusing piece, fun to play.

Last edited:

VioletVortex

Dark Funeral rules the realms of Black Metal.

I really enjoy Dark Funeral. I had Secrets of the Black Arts (one of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion) downloaded on Amazon prime but the Amazon scum deleted it.

I bought their most recent album when it came out earlier this month. I like it but not as much as Secrets of the Black Arts. I never knew they were genuinely Satanic until recently. Lord Arhiman is a LaVeyan Satanist, and I think one of their other members is as well.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I really enjoy Dark Funeral. I had Secrets of the Black Arts (one of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion) downloaded on Amazon prime but the Amazon scum deleted it.

I bought their most recent album when it came out earlier this month. I like it but not as much as Secrets of the Black Arts. I never knew they were genuinely Satanic until recently. Lord Arhiman is a LaVeyan Satanist, and I think one of their other members is as well.

Hail, Iron Wizard! Yes, Lord Arhiman is a Satanist, and the only original founding member of Dark Funeral.

VioletVortex

I'm not asking them, though; i'm asking you /satanist/?/

Really, Led Zeppelin was one of the less controversial bands of the early heavy metal scene. Black Sabbath attracted more controversy, even though they aren't Satanic.

A person could be Satanic without acknowledging themselves as a Satanist. They could be a free thinker, and thus Satanic. That same concept could apply to a band as well. Whether Led Zeppelin is Satanic in that manner is really your decision. Now, are they Satanic lyrically? No. Occult? Yes. Jimmy Page had an interest in the Occult at the time and there are Occult references in their lyrics, but their lyrics don't deal with Satan. More Pagan stuff really. None of the members of Led Zeppelin are Satanists.

Satanic or not, Led Zeppelin is a great band.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I really enjoy Dark Funeral. I had Secrets of the Black Arts (one of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion)

Dark Funeral is awesome "Hail Murder" and "Unchain My Soul" are two of my favorite songs by them. I grew up in the 1980's listening to bands like Slayer, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Venom. I started playing the guitar when I was about 15-years old around the same time I became a Satanist. In my early 20's my concentration began focusing on the piano and I spent 8+ years studying music theory and piano technique at Brook Fine Arts Academy, learning the works of Bach, Beethoven, Liszt, Chopin, etc. For about 9 years I was basically a classical music snob, lol. But around 2000 I discovered 'black metal' bands like Dark Funeral, old Cradle Of Filth, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, and was an instant fan, and have been ever since. And since then I have been combining my knowledge of music and melodic theory and guitar and piano/keyboard techniques to compose my own works of black metal and neo-classical music. :smilecat:

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dark Funeral's new album "Where Shadows Forever Reign" is an excellent opus; sticking to their roots and classic DF sound. I love those dark dragging melodies played prestissimo tremolo and triad power chords.

Last edited: