• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

satanic music

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
One of my favorite pieces, the 3rd movement finalae ("Precipitato") of Prokofiev's 7th piano sonata. Here played by one of my favorite pianists Valentina Lisitsa. I like how Prokofiev sometimes used the piano as a percusive instrument, here in a rhythmic and at the end a stormy precipitation of octaves and chords.

[youtube]zSGQ5D56NiA[/youtube]
Prokofiev "War" Sonata #7 Valentina Lisitsa Precipitato 3rd Mov. Finale - YouTube

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'm sure you posted this as a joke.

...I hope you posted this as a joke.

Why is that? Because it says Devil not Satan? Because it talks about partying with the Devil (which a lot of this relates to commonly known metaphors)?

I'm assuming you listened to 1 minute of it then quit. Am I right?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
sincere question: how come all the music you guys are posting seems to have a touch of gloom to it? I haven't seen one song posted that could be described as cheerful or happy. This observation makes one wonder about the role of the "satanist" image in someone choosing to self identify as such.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
sincere question: how come all the music you guys are posting seems to have a touch of gloom to it? I haven't seen one song posted that could be described as cheerful or happy. This observation makes one wonder about the role of the "satanist" image in someone choosing to self identify as such.

What might seem like doom and gloom to you as a christian, are sounds of majesty and triumph to those of us who walk the Path of Darkness - the path of most resistance. It is a reflection of the gap between two very different paradigms and mind sets. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
path of greatest resistance? I thought you guys just do whatever you feel like doing. what's so hard about that? Try giving up sex cold turkey and then talk to me about resistance

This post just goes to show how ignorant you are about Satanism and the LHP. I don't think we're talking about the same kind of "resistance", I'm talking more about forces in opposition. Btw, you do know you are posting on a DIR.

Diabolus Vobiscum!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
This post just goes to show how ignorant you are about Satanism and the LHP. I don't think we're talking about the same kind of "resistance", I'm talking more about forces in opposition. Btw, you do know you are posting on a DIR.

Diabolus Vobiscum!
/Adramelek\

:clap

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

Diabolus Vobiscum!
/Adramelek\

I thought there was a light hearted tone to my post. I was just having a little fun. I apologize if it came off the wrong way

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Forces in opposition has a lot more to do with just resisting a natural impulse.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Peacemaker, let me try to explain with music (since this is a music thread.)
I'm not really Western LHP, so this interpretation is through my own lens. If members of this DIR would like to correct any mistakes in my explanation, it would be much appreciated.
I posted this video earlier in the thread:

[youtube]Bwi5SJG3K5M[/youtube]
ARCH ENEMY - Bloodstained Cross (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

When you look at this video, also from Arch Enemy, you will see that both sides in opposition will encourage this sort of behavior.
[youtube]p1SlcO0Fikc[/youtube]
ARCH ENEMY - Under Black Flags We March (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

This is the outward projection of forces in opposition. It's not really very pretty, but it can make you think and contemplate over it. Through contemplation, you can turn these forces in opposition inward to affect an inner transformation. This process of involution and transformation can be seen in this song from Tool: pay attention to the different ways the shadow can manifest and be dealt with:

[youtube]Tja6_h4lT6A[/youtube]
Forty Six & 2 - Tool - YouTube

The Apocalypse that truly changes the world is the inner Apolcalypse where people transform themselves. Here's another Arch Enemy video. Notice the red flashes the band members are having in the video? That signifies the inner apocalypse that transforms:

[youtube]mZM-d2qD15E[/youtube]
ARCH ENEMY - My Apocalypse (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Orias

Left Hand Path

When you understand the way the world turns, you'll realize theres a touch of gloom to everything.

Even your cheerfulness and happy entourage reflects upon misery and sorrow, probably in ways you may not realize. The LHP reflects upon this, and just because its "gloomy" to you, doesn't make it "gloomy" to us, because in reality its mostly motivational which in the end makes us happy (because when your motivated you achieve goals). Get it? Your questions seemed awfully rhetorical to me by the way, its almost like asking why so many people listen to country music (when statistically country music the most depressing and has the highest rate of suicide when people listen to it).

:bat:

Last edited: