• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanist murders

jasonwill2

Good for you. I tend to get bored with them fairly quickly and wander off to annoy the squirrels.

I think deep down they do really believe The Christian Bible as absolute, so if you can get their attention long enough with the Bible you can change their mind. But some won't look further than the english translations, making this difficult, or find some wierd reason to support the corrupt english translations

Me Myself

Back to my username
Back to topic:

Why? The spirit that was called Satan as a representation of evil by Christians may very wellbe a different spirit than the one you worship.

If this was the case, these murderers were worshipping this spirit, and this spirit was indeed pleased with them. Now your branch that calls the absolute God Satan exists since which year? 1800? 1900?

Calling the ultimate big bad Satan was first, so I see no reason to believe there does not exist a spirit with such name that has been recieving the influences attributed to it.

If we want it to be onlyh one "true" satanism, then we get the first spirit called "Satan" : he wasn`t the big bad nor the big god, he was an angel of God, in Jew`s mythos.

So don`t exclude. Your intepretation of what Satan is is the newest and would be around the firsts to go if we start excluding.

Those were perfectly satanist murders.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Why define murderers by their religion? if a Christian murders someone is it labeled a 'Jesus Freak' Murder? Or a Jesus worshipping murder?

Jesus worshipping murderer sounds perfectly reasonable title if the murders were done in name of Jesus.

Going back to Satanism, they are worshipping a form of Satan that would favor this. As I said, for 2 millenia of Christianity Satan is the big bad spirit, so it goes perfectly with the character of that Satan to want such murders.

Trey of Diamonds

Back to topic:

Those were perfectly satanist murders.

I disagree. These were murders with a satanic sheen on top. At best they are imperfect Satanist murders. Especially the Goth Vampires, its obvious from the article that they are playing more than worshiping. If they do believe it is at best a surface believe that they have not put a lot of thought into. The Russian's am not sure about. Did they have complex and well thought out rituals in place that could be traced back to a historical origin? Or did they just make a bunch of stuff up to go along with their sadistic urges?

These guys are the Fluffy Bunnies of the Satanist religion.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I disagree. These were murders with a satanic sheen on top. At best they are imperfect Satanist murders. Especially the Goth Vampires, its obvious from the article that they are playing more than worshiping. If they do believe it is at best a surface believe that they have not put a lot of thought into. The Russian's am not sure about. Did they have complex and well thought out rituals in place that could be traced back to a historical origin? Or did they just make a bunch of stuff up to go along with their sadistic urges?

So fundies can be called religious even if not having thought much about it but not them? :p

We don`t have any reason to believe they are less serious about their religious deeds than others. Even if their religion is nonsense, they can very well be committed to it. I see more of that case than any other why would serial killers be an exception :p

Trey of Diamonds

So fundies can be called religious even if not having thought much about it but not them? :p

Not at all. As I mentioned, we don't know much about the rituals used in the Russian case. But the Vampire case screams Satanist Fluffy Bunny. :bunny:

We don`t have any reason to believe they are less serious about their religious deeds than others. Even if their religion is nonsense, they can very well be committed to it. I see more of that case than any other why would serial killers be an exception :p

Sure we do. Did you not read the articles. While the Russian one was short on details and could go either way, the Vampire article painted a picture of sadistic pretenders who weren't serious about the religious aspects of what they were doing.

Also, I'm speaking only of these two articles, not all people who may have committed murder in the name of Satan. I'm sure there are some who were fully committed.

Last edited:

jasonwill2

The vampire ones hardly seemed Satanic, the word "Satan" only seemed to come up once where it was written "When Satan lives" over their victim. The pentagram in the guy's chest my count.

But as for fluffy bunnies of Satanism? That is ironic in too many ways.

jasonwill2

While the Russian one was short on details and could go either way,

I'm still trying to get my head around how you can stab someone 666 times and anything of the torso be left, much less how they could could make out individual stabs in the mush that is now said torso. I assume that most of the stabs were to the torso however. Must of took some conscious counting on their part.

@ Me Myself;

You forgot this link in your OP that says that implies it was because they could find Satanists online, but this is a case in Italy:

BBC NEWS | Europe | 'Satanic killings' shock Italians

Specifically:

What happened next is still the subject of investigation.

But the magistrate leading the inquiry says they were murdered at the end of a drug-fuelled ritual which involved a level of cruelty he has never seen before.

Italian newspapers have described the murdered girl's bedroom, decorated with black candles and goats' skulls, and have quoted witness statements of sexual violence.

There are also suggestions that the double-killing might not be isolated and that more young Italians than anyone cares to think are dabbling in Satanism.

The experts are having a field day: pinpointing the ease with which young people can make contact with Satanists on the internet, describing the attractions of Satanism to impressionable people steeped in Catholic culture - and blaming the breakdown of traditional family values for the extreme alienation of some young Italians.
Without that link, my argument that this is blaming Satanism is missed, and you didn't include it in your OP, as I did in the Left Hand Path DIR.

Last edited:

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
Do you want to destroy Satanism as it is now, like how the Catholics effectively destroyed all the gnostic sects?.
Why do you think that?
That just makes us another dogma.
I am perhaps the one challenging or accusing here... So how does that make dogma?
If Satanism stays permanently the same as how you perceive it to be now, it will become a dogma.

And "no animal cruelty" is too easy to spread to no animal sacrifices.
Maybe, and the problem with that would be?
We sacrifice animals for food to eat, no other reason.

However anyone who thinks that pedophilia and genocide is ok is probably something that most people will at least supposedly agree is not good, so I really don't see the point.

No, you really don't.

The point is that we cannot exit in our own little bubble and expect the rest of the world to understand or subtleties and nuances.
And for that reason we can't ignore the people who give us a bad name.
Anything else I say will just be repeating myself.

MeMyself is raising legitimate points and questions which we need to think about more clearly.

jasonwill2

Maybe, and the problem with that would be?
We sacrifice animals for food to eat, no other reason.

There are legitimate Satanists who sacrifice animals in rituals. I personally CONDONE ANIMAL SACRIFICE as an appropriate offering to Satan, thought I think THAT THEY SHOULD BE EATEN TOO. That doesn't change the fact that I believe as much blood as possible should flow out of the animal in the process. Slitting their throat is the most humane, cleanest, and quickest way to kill them while maximizing the blood that spills into the ritual area.

0-0-00--0-0

To those who are disgusted by this, it's perfectly legal for me to do this, though I've yet to sacrifice anything yet, I plan on doing so once I raise a few of my own farm animals as an easy and cheap food source.

I don`t blame your specific current of satanism for the killings as I`ve said plenty.

I don't care.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Jason do you know humans are animals, therefore any Satanist can see a human sacrifice as an animal sacrifice?

jasonwill2

Jason do you know humans are animals, therefore any Satanist can see a human sacrifice as an animal sacrifice?

Luckily I qualify what kinds of animals can be sacrificed: non-human animals that are not domesticated. Same goes for eating. Meaning I can sacrifice a cow or chicken and eat it, but not a dog or human and eat it. This is part of my canon.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Luckily I qualify what kinds of animals can be sacrificed: non-human animals that are not domesticated. Same goes for eating. Meaning I can sacrifice a cow or chicken and eat it, but not a dog or human and eat it. This is part of my canon.

I'm not talking about you though, I'm talking about how easily a Satanist can justify his position.

InfidelRiot

From what I understand, there has yet to be any evidence of human ritualistic killing connected to devil worship. Animal sacrifices and vandalism, yes, but not human sacrifice.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I meant that I don't care about your subtle distinction.

I was not aware my disctinction was subtle.

I thought your religion and the religion of those murderers had nothing to do with each other besides relating to a being they call Satan.

Now if you are to tell me I was wrong and the are very alike, and the differences are so "subtle" then who am I to debate :shrug: