• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and God

Darkforbid

Sure it does.
In your personal experience, it is approximately (ignoring the vanishingly
small effects of time dilation) equal to V/A and the square root of D/A
V = Velocity
A = Acceleration
D = Distance

Pivot?
Do you mean "divot"?
I don't golf....that's for you rich white guys.

Time dilation is cause by the c (speed of light) constant

Thief

Rogue Theologian
time is a cognitive device created by Man to serve Man

a quotient on a chalkboard

nothing more

Darkforbid

Sounds like the Hindu view of our physical existence. Time is measurable in terms of change in our three dimensional space time continuum. It is not caused by the movement of matter. It can be measured by the movement of matter in fact in relation to gravity, which is questionable as to what gravity is.

Wrong

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
nope
Time is an illusion
A. Einstein

No Einstein did not propose time did not exist. Time exists only in a space time continuum.

From: https://www.google.com/search?q=Ein....69i57j0l5.13625j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. Einstein did not reject the existence of time. Instead, he rejected the distinction between past, present, and future.

Einstein then spent 10 years trying to include acceleration in the theory and published his theory of general relativity in 1915. In it, he determined that massive objects cause a distortion in space-time, which is felt as gravity.

The continuation of Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and the space time continuum is that in the Quantum World without the three dimensional space time continuum of our universe time does not exist.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Simple unsupported assertion.

No Einstein did not propose time did not exist. Time exists only in a space time continuum.

From: https://www.google.com/search?q=Ein....69i57j0l5.13625j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. Einstein did not reject the existence of time. Instead, he rejected the distinction between past, present, and future.

Einstein then spent 10 years trying to include acceleration in the theory and published his theory of general relativity in 1915. In it, he determined that massive objects cause a distortion in space-time, which is felt as gravity.

The continuation of Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and the space time continuum is that in the Quantum World without the three dimensional space time continuum of our universe time does not exist.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I have the book

and no.....time does not exist
not a force or substance
just a measure

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Selective citation to justify your agenda. What Einstein stated is that the distinction between past present and future is an illusion, but incomplete what Einstein said about time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have the book

not a force or substance
just a measure
Many say that force & substances don't exist....it's all just the Matrix.
But saying something doesn't make it so.
Time is useful, as are force, matter, space, & other things in our universe.
To say that any of them don't exist is a postulate....& not a useful one.

Darkforbid

the Baha'i Faith does believe in the physical science of evolution as the transformation of the physical forms by evolution of the species, but believes in the spiritual evolution and God's intent as the guidance for life on earth.

The principle of the Harmony of Science and Religion considers Science as the progressive evolving knowledge of science, and scripture must be understood in the light of the evolving nature knowledge of our physical existence.

The Baha'i Faith rejects materialism.

No it doesn't your faith believes man was there from the creation of the earth but uncreated, evolution in no way predicts man would definitely be the certain conclusion of naturel selection

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have the book

not a force or substance
just a measure

So what?!?!?! The book weighs about a pound or two. You have not responded to Einstein' view of time in terms of the Theory of RElativity and the space time continuum.