• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and God

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It pure speculation. Also it makes no difference to the ultra ultra ultra fine tuning seen in our universe

I am sure God is much less speculative, lol. Anyway, the ultra ultra has a probability that depends on the number of Universes and how they vary.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Please explain more. Are we debating the multiverse?

No, I am just hinting to the logical possibility of them as a naturalistic explanation of the fine tuning. Assuming fine tuning needed to be justified at all, which is really not necessary. It is a bit like using an atomic bomb to kill a mosquito.

No evidence of multiple, possibly infinite Universes with all possible combinations of constants? Who cares? They have the same evidence of a conscious fine tuner, with the advantage that we know that at least one universe exists, while we have zero that a god exists too. So, going from1 to many, seems less problematic than going from zero to 1.

Ciao

- viole

Darkforbid

No, I am just hinting to the logical possibility of them as a naturalistic explanation of the fine tuning. Assuming fine tuning needed to be justified at all, which is really not necessary. It is a bit like using an atomic bomb to kill a mosquito.

No evidence of multiple, possibly infinite Universes with all possible combinations of constants? Who cares? They have the same evidence of a conscious fine tuner, with the advantage that we know that at least one universe exists, while we have zero that a god exists too. So, going from1 to many, seems less problematic than going from zero to 1.

Ciao

- viole

Well that's a head in the sand argument

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No, I am just hinting to the logical possibility of them as a naturalistic explanation of the fine tuning. Assuming fine tuning needed to be justified at all, which is really not necessary.

No evidence of multiple, possibly infinite Universes with all possible combinations of constants? Who cares? They have the same evidence of a conscious fine tuner, with the advantage that we know that at least one universe exists, while we have zero that a god exists too. So, going from1 to infinite, seems less problematic than going from zero to 1.

Ciao

- viole

So seems is evidence. Nice! :D

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Why would you think you can speak for all atheists,, that would be highly delusional

I know how they think. Keen spirit.
By the way, did you take me seriously?

Love the believer, hate the belief. That was a parody of love the sinner, hate the sin. Wasn’t that obvious? :)

Ciao
- viole

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Why would you think you can speak for all atheists,, that would be highly delusional
I seem to remember that atheists are only united by a lack of belief/disbelief in gods.

So atheists are united and not united on other aspects than atheism itself. Wait, one of these 2 position amounts to a contradiction, which means that at least one atheist have a wrong belief. That can't be the case, because they are so rational, intelligent and what not.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well, try find X so that M = X*1. Where M is an arbitrarily large number.
Now, try to find an X, so that 1 = 0*X.

Good luck.

Ciao

- viole
Yeah, that is logic in your head. It says nothing about multiverses, because that is independent of logic in your head.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I seem to remember that atheists are only united by a lack of belief/disbelief in gods.

So atheists are united and not united on other aspects than atheism itself. Wait, one of these 2 position amounts to a contradiction, which means that at least one atheist have a wrong belief. That can't be the case, because they are so rational, intelligent and what not.

A lack of disbelief in God? Do you know an atheist who claims lack of disbelief in God?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yeah, that is logic in your head. It says nothing about multiverses, because that is independent of logic in your head.

that just says why it seems it easier to go from 1 to many, when you know 1 exists, than reaching 1 for X when you have zero evidence of X.

Is it really so complicated?

Ciao

- viole

Darkforbid

Yep, atheists think rhetoric is rational and scientific