• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and God

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
that just says why it seems it easier to go from 1 to many, when you know 1 exists, than reaching 1 for X when you have zero evidence of X.

Is it really so complicated?

Ciao

- viole

It is still in your head and nowhere else. For there to be a multiverse independent of the idea of a multiverse requires observation of a multiverse. You are making a rationalist argument for something which is empirical.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Good for you. I lose yet, I am still here. It must be frustrating to win all the time, yet the rest of us are still here. Seems to be a hollow victory.

I told you we love you, i am thrilled that you are here. And If you weren’t, I might stop winning, :)

Ciao

- viole

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I told you we love you, i am thrilled that you are here. And If you weren’t, I might stop winning, :)

Ciao

- viole

You don't really win. It is an idea in your head and nowhere else. The only way to win in the long run is to accept that we are all equal as humans and different as individuals. As long as you win in your manner, you loose, because we don't get closer to peace. You just prolong the fight.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You don't really win. It is an idea in your head and nowhere else. The only way to win in the long run is to accept that we are all equal as humans and different as individuals. As long as you win in your manner, you loose, because we don't get closer to peace. You just prolong the fight.

I am perfectly at peace. No idea what you are talking about.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You need more of a challenge or you may lose
your edge.

Darn, i know what you mean. I am afraid of that, too.

I am thinking to simulate a Christian, or a general theist, and challenge the atheists. Seems vastly more difficult. And fun.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Darn, i know what you mean.

I am thinking to simulate a Christian and challenge the atheists. Seems vastly more challenging.

Ciao

- viole
Why do you suppose that among the atheists
here you do not see any who are plain bonkers,
but it is so common among the godists?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Why do you suppose that among the atheists
here you do not see any who are plain bonkers,
but it is so common among the godists?

I don’t know. But I used to be a Christian apologist, and I think I remember that defending my faith was vastly more challenging than what I do now.

I even proposed, recently, to a few fundamentalistic forums out there, if they would like me to help them with apologetics, especially in the area of philosophical arguments for the existence of God. PSR, modal logic and such. They seem to be so obsessed with Jesus loving them, that they totally forget how flaky the rational basis of their belief is.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member
I came across this video about Science and God.
I know already know that alot of people will denounce this video all because it will not fit into their narrative.
Click on the link below
Thank you for sharing this video. Makes me humble

To believe that whatever happens is "random" is the easiest concept to believe for me, but totally illogical

Because

To believe that such a huge Universe is "perfectly controlled" is totally unimaginable

I just call it "God", meaning "I don't know nor understand" and I'm humble enough to know I will never understand "God" in it's full grandeur