• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

angellous_evangellous

That is not true.Not of all people who rape.At all.A rapist can be a perfect citizen but feel ENTITLED to a woman and RAPE her..A rapist can be an "otherwise" normal guy ..upstanding citizen.

And it's almost impossible to prove against these guys.

I know of a family in Florida that was told by the arresting officer that the rapist would be out the next day, and that the woman's brothers should take care of it.

So the brothers found the rapist the next day. They put this guy down on the a curb and whacked the other side of his head with a baseball bat.

The state of Florida ended up paying for the guy's dental work - he in fact was convicted of the rape. :D

A

angellous_evangellous

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425265 said:
Namaste,

The Federation of Teabearers.

M.V.

Sounds like a real state.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
And it's almost impossible to prove against these guys.

I know of a family in Florida that was told by the arresting officer that the rapist would be out the next day, and that the woman's brothers should take care of it.

So the brothers found the rapist the next day. They put this guy down on the a curb and whacked the other side of his head with a baseball bat.

The state of Florida ended up paying for the guy's dental work - he in fact was convicted of the rape. :D

Namaste,

Yeah, and I know about ghosts on Route 22....

M.V.

A

angellous_evangellous

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425263 said:
Namaste,

You know more about the Partition of India than I do, eh?

M.V.

I can think better than you.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425253 said:
Namaste,

Matriarchal societies are more peaceful.

M.V.

Is that so? :D I'm a woman, FYI. Look at me roar.

xena-1.jpg

A

angellous_evangellous

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425269 said:
Namaste,

Yeah, and I know about ghosts on Route 22....

M.V.

MORE embarrassing.

What a shame.

You should quit while you're ahead. Or not so far behind.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I don't think its helpful to pass on rape "myths".Otherwise NON violent ,responsible "normal" acting men DO rape women..(oh sorry and otherwise non violent responsible "normal" women DO rape men)..On dates..husbands! (oh and wives rape their husband too)..Young boys making good grades from good families (non criminals) gang rape girls they don't ROB banks(Oh and young girls from good families making good grades (non criminals) gang rape boys!) ...

Rapist is a crime in its own.You do not have to be a "bad citizen" otherwise or and "otherwise" criminal.

A

angellous_evangellous

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425277 said:
Namaste,

Toh phir mujhe bataao ke mere desh ki itihaas kya hai?

M.V.

What a shame.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
MORE embarrassing.

What a shame.

You should quit while you're ahead. Or not so far behind.

Namaste,

And, you should act like a moderator and not stoop to low levels such as personal attacks, which are ......what is it written in the forum rules? Oh, yeah....that's right....against the rules!

M.V.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425272 said:
Namaste,

Do you have proof that men were raped during POI? I haven't been able to find any proof that men were raped.

M.V.

Have you found any that they were not?

If not, isn't the correct answer "I don't know", and not "men were not raped"?

Especially given that everywhere we have bothered to look, we have found male on male rape during conflicts?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You know, most of the convicted rapists sitting in prison did plan their actions well in advance. And I mean WELL in advance. Weeks or months in advance.

Because RAPE is hard to prove.MOST get away because it wasn't a "plan" and its most likely your boyfriend ,husband or date.

To be convicted ????Of course it needs to be ...Ted Bundy Style.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Have you found any that they were not?

If not, isn't the correct answer "I don't know", and not "men were not raped"?

Especially given that everywhere we have bothered to look, we have found male on male rape during conflicts?

Namaste,

Find me proof, Alceste-ji. If you can find me proof, I will prostrate myself at your cyber (lotus) feet and be your slave for the rest of my life.

M.V.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Because RAPE is hard to prove.MOST get away because it wasn't a "plan" and its most likely your boyfriend ,husband or date.

To be convicted ????Of course it needs to be ...Ted Bundy Style.

Namaste,

We are outnumbered. They are gunning us from all sides. Their reality is in a different dimension than ours! Oh the horror!!!

M.V.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I"m gonna have to stew on this.Most "rapist" never even think of "rape".I honest to God don't believe most "rape" is premeditated or even considered rape at all even if it is.Not in the U.S...Its ENTITLEMENT mentality and some times spur of the moment.Its not even recognized as RAPE! Just "boys will be boys".

You missed the last time RF saw the go-around with this topic. It was IMO depressing and difficult.

There is a fundamental distinction between getting really horny and rape. One can't get too horny to control themselves, as this is the definition of a "rape fantasy". Fantasy is popular, but it isn't the reality of the situation. To rape someone takes a leap into a territory where another human being is victimized by dehumanizing them and forcing them into non-consensual penetration and/or ejaculation. It is an act of violence and power, not sex or titillation.

What is sad is when people want to make a few exceptions here and there by wanting to include moments where:

1) A young male is so horny, that he can't control his actions, whether he is pursuing a young attractive female that he thinks is sending him all the signals he needs, or he is mid-coitus and can't stop.
2) An attractive female is dressing, acting, saying, behaving, looking, etc. in a way that shows that she really wants it. Doesn't matter if she says "yes" or "no". She's showing her naked breasts. Her word means nothing.
3) She was unclear in communicating her boundaries. She should have fought more, screamed more, hit more, kicked more, yelled for help more or longer, but instead he got the wrong message.
4) She isn't telling the truth, and only wants to get his money or get even.

These are symptoms of what Alceste posted about earlier: rape myth acceptances. The cultural acceptance of these myths remains extremely strong throughout the world, including here at RF. I think the entitlement mentality is part of the problem, but there is a conditioning at play here that supports the exoneration of rape when it happens to certain people in certain situations, and an over-reaching desire to punish and torture those who DO commit a crime like this against - again - only a segment of people in specific situations.

It's not just an entitlement mentality. These are depressingly symptomatic of a widespread dehumanization of entire demographics.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
You missed the last time RF saw the go-around with this topic. It was IMO depressing and difficult.

There is a fundamental distinction between getting really horny and rape. One can't get too horny to control themselves, as this is the definition of a "rape fantasy". Fantasy is popular, but it isn't the reality of the situation. To rape someone takes a leap into a territory where another human being is victimized by dehumanizing them and forcing them into non-consensual penetration and/or ejaculation. It is an act of violence and power, not sex or titillation.

What is sad is when people want to make a few exceptions here and there by wanting to include moments where:

1) A young male is so horny, that he can't control his actions, whether he is pursuing a young attractive female that he thinks is sending him all the signals he needs, or he is mid-coitus and can't stop.
2) An attractive female is dressing, acting, saying, behaving, looking, etc. in a way that shows that she really wants it. Doesn't matter if she says "yes" or "no". She's showing her naked breasts. Her word means nothing.
3) She was unclear in communicating her boundaries. She should have fought more, screamed more, hit more, kicked more, yelled for help more or longer, but instead he got the wrong message.
4) She isn't telling the truth, and only wants to get his money or get even.

These are symptoms of what Alceste posted about earlier: rape myth acceptances. The cultural acceptance of these myths remains extremely strong throughout the world, including here at RF. I think the entitlement mentality is part of the problem, but there is a conditioning at play here that supports the exoneration of rape when it happens to certain people in certain situations, and an over-reaching desire to punish and torture those who DO commit a crime like this against - again - only a segment of people in specific situations.

It's not just an entitlement mentality. These are depressingly symptomatic of a widespread dehumanization of entire demographics.

Namaste,

But, what about instances where the men raped females not purely because the females were pretty? But, because they choose the pretty females in order to hurt the pride of the males of those females' ethnicity? This has been the point of my argument since the beginning...and not just pretty or good looking females, but any female in general in order to demoralize the men of their ethnicity?

M.V.