• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
) that I as a survivor was doing something to turn him on. I remember at that time I also nearly exclusively dated women even though I was still attracted to men, I wore no makeup, I dressed in overalls and doc martins, etc. IOW, I was doing whatever I could to protect myself from men who I thought were just potential rapists eyeing me and becoming overwhelmed with desire.

I went "permiscuous" which is another pretty common reaction .At least I know to being sexually objectified as a child.I also had periods of frigidity.Like by abstaining I could make it all go away.And I had my turn with women.I also went through a "phase" where I "enjoyed" taunting men.OH ..LOL!now I'm back to funny absurd..I was the "girl that had the baby" at 14..

I don't think most people get how injurious it all can be.And like a domino affect.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
by "like that" I wasn't trying to say that most are rapists, I meant most have some sort of contempt for women.

O.K I don't want you to think I'm attacking you.I just don't believe "most" men have contempt "for women" ..I think the ones that do ???Do a lot of damage.Also some men can have contempt even for "a woman" but no "all" women.

Wherenextcolumbus

O.K I don't want you to think I'm attacking you.I just don't believe "most" men have contempt "for women" ..I think the ones that do ???Do a lot of damage.Also some men can have contempt even for "a woman" but no "all" women.
I count the "little" things, I consider someone thinking that if a woman is raped then sometimes she did something to provoke it, as contempt for women, or if a woman sleeps with a certain amount of men she is dirty, as contempt for women. Or women being the "gate keepers" of sex, as contempt for women.
They don't necessarily have to do a lot of damage.

Titanic

I count the "little" things, I consider someone thinking that if a woman is raped then sometimes she did something to provoke it, as contempt for women, or if a woman sleeps with a certain amount of men she is dirty, as contempt for women. Or women being the "gate keepers" of sex, as contempt for women.

Women can have contempt too. Hell I should know. I have first hand experience. Source my childhood.

Wherenextcolumbus

Or the classic "well she sleeps with a lot of guys, so she HAS TO sleep with me!" and the guy gets upset that a woman who sleeps around doesn't want to sleep with HIM, as contempt for women.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I was being completely overpowered and felt utterly helpless.

I almost drowned one time in the gulf of Mexico.Its a similar feeling.But the after math is completely different.When I almost died (was convinced I was dying ..this is it) all I wanted to do was live..when I did I gained appreciation for AIR...I was humbled and had a greater respect for the gulf ..and life...I was not "angry" that I am in fact ...a little dot when I swim in an ocean helpless and powerless against it...I was arrogant to think otherwise..and the ocean?? Doesn't "want" to hurt me or drown me or use me for anything....

When its "that" feeling" but its another human being that is the "ocean" drowning you ?Its a little harder to understand.

Aquitaine

Women can have contempt too. Hell I should know. I have first hand experience. Source my childhood.

It can go both ways, true. I know we're all only going off anecdotal evidence, but sexist attitudes towards Men from Women certainly exist as well. Although trying to assess how much of the population of each sex engage in/hold such views would be pretty pointless. Let's just focus on and condemn the sexism, rather than trying to highlight sexism by <lol> making sweeping sexist genalizations. :D

Titanic

It can go both ways, true. I know we're all only going off anecdotal evidence, but sexist attitudes towards Men from Women certainly exist as well. Although trying to assess how much of the population of each sex engage in/hold such views would be pretty pointless. Let's just focus on and condemn the sexism, rather than trying to highlight sexism by <lol> making sweeping sexist genalizations. :D

I was not the one starting this.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

It depends.We all have our different "contemptgars" LOL!!...Sometimes some of the things you mention can just be "ignorance" and or "brainwashing" including "entitlement" beliefs.There is no seething hatred..But I DO know what you mean and I have seen it too. My fair share.

Wherenextcolumbus

Women having contempt for both women and men. I am not saying all women either.
But difference being men have power and privilege over women, and we can see how that contempt manifests differently.
I remember when I was fundraising once and my team leader approached a man and he said to her "unless you are going to have sex with me get out me face" and since I have experienced very similar sexist remarks from men when fundraising, I was so angry we sat there and talked about how disgusting men are, yeah at that moment I had contempt for men but that never manifested into me sexually harassing, dehumanising men in my day to day life.

Titanic

But difference being men have power and privilege over women, and we can see how that contempt manifests differently.
I remember when I was fundraising once and my team leader approached a man and he said to her "unless you are going to have sex with me get out me face" and since I have experienced very similar sexist remarks from men when fundraising, I was so angry we sat there and talked about how disgusting men are, yeah at that moment I had contempt for men but that never manifested into me sexually harassing, dehumanising men in my day to day life.

Do you still have contempt for men? To be honest women have the power over me, not the other way around.

Wherenextcolumbus

But why "men"? Why not "that man"?
I realise it is "that man" but when you are so angry because it's happens to the girl fundraisers how many times, you get worn down and have a fit. Also maybe you don't really know how challenging fundraising is, to put yourself out there everyday and have someone dehumanise you because of you sex is like the straw that breaks the camels back.