• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Me Myself

Back to my username
[youtube]ieYm0sKoqkY[/youtube]
What Would You Do: Abusive Boyfriend - YouTube

Notice how he is waaaaaay less harsh than the woman in the other scenario.

[youtube]0ANNO33UOLE[/youtube]
"What would you do?": Help a battered woman or not... - YouTube

The second he touches her a man raises to her aid.

This is because theya re not in a dark alley were people are afraid to being hit or part of the violence. They are in a public place were they feel safe to act on their conscience.

By the same token:

[youtube]-57-i1S95Kk[/youtube]
Woman Drops Powder in Date's Drink - YouTube

There is obviously sexism going on from both camps.

Lets not reinfoce NEITHER of them. Is that reasonable enought o ask?

Me Myself

Back to my username
In no way did I even imply that men can not help themselves, in fact I was bi**ching about how men need to change.

Hey, you are saying it is not the same to be sexist towards men because that does not reinforce negative stereotypes already prevalent in society, that was not me.

AS I said already:

I never said I am entitled to be sexist, I said it is different. like no one was saying people of colour are entitled to call a white person a honky, they said it was different.

You said:

Well there you go, so we know it is different when women have contempt for men, as opposed to men having contempt for women, when men have contempt for women it reinforces our every day sexism, our everyday oppression.

The tacit part of that is "WHen we do it to men, we are not reinforcing anything"

or as you said:

Women are an oppressed group men are not

I cant think of a roup that hasnt been oppressed. It is irresponsable to think your sexism does not rinforce society's sexism, because it is just false.

Whether we like it or not, all our attitudes count.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
YOU said it like everyone will "help" if its a woman being attacked..YOU are SO wrong its not even funny.

Lets not reinfoce NEITHER of them. Is that reasonable enought o ask?

Yes but there is MORE going on to women and that's just a fact.Is that reasonable enough to ask you to accept?

If you have a male and a female child who are you most "worried" about that might get raped ?If its "equal" then fine.Who are you most worried about that might get beat up and seriously injured by a male? Your son or daughter?

The whole idea that "women do it too" is getting REAL old.

Me Myself

Back to my username
YOU said it like everyone will "help" if its a woman being attacked..YOU are SO wrong its not even funny.

Yes but there is MORE going on to women and that's just a fact.Is that reasonable enough to ask you accept?

If you have a male and a female child who are you most "worried" about that might get raped ?If its "equal" then fine.Who are you most worried about that might get beat up and seriously injured ? Your son or daughter?

The whole idea that "women do it too" is getting REAL old.

Not everyone, but certainly more people than would help the man.

What I am saying is that having sexist views and spitting them out reinforces sexism whether they are sexist towards men or towards women.

Racism is way more problematic than sexism, this doesnt mean we shouldnt adress sexism. Poverty is way more problematic than those other too.

This doesnt mean we need just adress Latino/Black poor sexually ensalved women in the ghetto and let every other demographic fend for it friggin self.

So I am calling on that attitude.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

That is not "sexism" .That's people deciding not to get "involved" the same study (which that is a study) showed the majority will not get involved if a woman has drugs put in her drink behind her back .Onlookers are "reluctant" to get involved.Its not a "save the damsel in distress" "**** the man" community going on.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What I am saying is that having sexist views and spitting them out reinforces sexism whether they are sexist towards men or towards women.

Its not sexist to state facts.That women are more often targets of VIOLENT assault by males than the other way around.And men are more often targets of men for violent assault than they are women.

That's not "sexists"..Its a fact.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That is not "sexism" .That's people deciding not to get "involved" the same study (which that is a study) showed the majority will not get involved if a woman has drugs put in her drink behind her back .Onlookers are "reluctant" to get involved.Its not a "save the damsel in distress" "**** the man" community going on.

Of course it is sexism. Did you watch the WWYD video? people immidiately stood up to help the woman more often than they did help the man.

Again, I dont get why we are reinforcing the reality of women's victimhood to disregard that spittingout sexist garbage reinforces sexist garbage no matter whether it is spit out to men or women.

How often to people cry how bad to black and latino have it when someone talks about sexism? "Oh white women shouldnt complain! If they knew the === I go through because of being a BLACK woman! "

This attitide is a big problem.

I am just saying lets take sexism seriously on all regards.

Wherenextcolumbus

I do not believe men are an oppressed group, once again! What ever happens to men because of patriarchy is a consequence to men it is not the same as being an oppressed group end of story, in order to convince me that sexism against men is equal to sexism against women, you first have to convince me that men are just as oppressed as women.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Its not sexist to state facts.That women are more often targets of VIOLENT assault by males than the other way around.And men are more often targets of men for violent assault than they are women.

That's not "sexists"..Its a fact.

Males are the biggest targets of violent assault.

This is completely unimportant to justifying sexism towards men.

She said men are not oppressed. That is just plain wrong. Everyone is oppressed. It changes depending on group and circumstances.

Belittling any oppresion is dangerous, I dont get why on Earth you keep trying to do so.

Aquitaine

Males are the biggest targets of violent assault.

This is completely unimportant to justifying sexism towards men.

She said men are not oppressed. That is just plain wrong. Everyone is oppressed. It changes depending on group and circumstances.

Belittling any oppresion is dangerous, I dont get why on Earth you keep trying to do so.

I agree that it is important to take into account the oppression of people on an *individual* level as well.

I'm sure the Male victims of Female-on-Male Domestic Violence will be glad to know that the sexist attitudes they receive by the opposite sex basically "don't count" because they're "not oppressed".

Me Myself

Back to my username
I agree that it is important to take into account the oppression of people on an *individual* level as well.

I'm sure the Male victims of Female-on-Male Domestic Violence will be glad to know that the sexist attitudes they receive by the opposite sex basically "don't count" because they're "not oppressed".

and dont forget that when people are sexist towards men, they are not reinforcing anything bad :rolleyes:

Wherenextcolumbus

I am not sure if I read this wrong, are you saying that patriarchy is mostly men's fault?
Nope, I'm saying any "oppression" that men face for being men is a consequence of patriarchy, it doesn't make it equal to women's oppression who are the TARGETS of sexist oppression.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Of course it is sexism. Did you watch the WWYD video? people immidiately stood up to help the woman more often than they did help the man.

Its not "sexism". Its EQUAL.Considring the lesser occurrence of men being beaten and raped by women.It adds up.Many women are beaten and raped in front of crowds of people who do nothing or HECK "join in"..

Oh no I forgot.There's and epidemic a men being raped by "gangs of women' ..That's why men need to carry pepper spray .....

Never mind.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Nope, I'm saying any "oppression" that men face for being men is a consequence of patriarchy, it doesn't make it equal to women's oppression who are the TARGETS of sexist oppression.

o.0

nothing is equal to anything else.

I still disagree with you that you are not reinforcing sexism when you are sexist towards men.

Wherenextcolumbus

o.0

nothing is equal to anything else.

I still disagree with you that you are not reinforcing sexism when you are sexist towards men.
men are not the TARGETS of sexist oppression, and therefore being "sexist" towards a man doesn't reinforce a system where men are the TARGETS of sexist oppression.