• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wherenextcolumbus

so who cares right :rolleyes:
Excuse me no, I am not saying that I do not care about violence towards men, I have a male partner. I care about males, I wouldn't be violent towards a male. Heck I probably wouldn't even be violent towards a male who sexually assaulted me because I am a wimp like that.
I hate violence.

Me Myself

Back to my username
men are not the TARGETS of sexist oppression, and therefore being "sexist" towards a man doesn't reinforce a system where men are the TARGETS of sexist oppression.

o.0 that's just false.

Draft is still there. Gender stereotypes still hurt men. There are still more refuges for battered women than those available for battered men.

Men are universally expected to be the breadwinners of the house and it is seen as "unmanly" to not do so.

And you are talking about claims like "men are sexual assaulters" why would you want to promote such a blatant and hateful generalisation?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Excuse me no, I am not saying that I do not care about violence towards men, I have a male partner. I care about males, I wouldn't be violent towards a male. Heck I probably wouldn't even be violent towards a male who sexually assaulted me because I am a wimp like that.
I hate violence.

I was adressing you, Iw as adressing the weird commentary of Dallas about more violence being directed towards men.

If we should only take care of the most grave issues then why care for sexism? poverty is more problematic and homocide is a graver crime.

there are always worst things to happen.

that doesnt mean you sexist away towards others becuase you have had it worst.

that makes you part of the problem.

Huey09

He who struggles with God
o.0 that's just false.

Draft is still there. Gender stereotypes still hurt men. There are still more refuges for battered women than those available for battered men.

Men are universally expected to be the breadwinners of the house and it is seen as "unmanly" to not do so.
why would you want to promote such a blatant and hateful generalization?
I have been the victim of this type of generalization for example men who cry are obviously wimps or even better I'm sometimes criticize when I show my feelings at all barring anger or pigheadness . Apparently men aren't suppose to do that either... People also seem to accept that men are allowed to be dumb or act stupid because "its what men do":facepalm:

Wherenextcolumbus

More women are battered than men, and women are more likely to die from being battered than a man.
Breadwinners: as opposed to women doing boring domestic chores and wiping kids arses all day, and being isolated from adult contact?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Your "cries" fall on deaf ears to me when you try and compare men being "raped ' by women to women being raped by men.Its not that it doesn't happen.But 1 in 3 females being raped by men is not the same as 1 in 5 males being raped and most of those are raped by men.

Wherenextcolumbus

I have been the victim of this type of generalization for example men who cry are obviously wimps or even better I'm sometimes criticize when I show my feelings at all barring anger or pigheadness . Apparently men aren't suppose to do that either... People also seem to accept that men are allowed to be dumb or act stupid because "its what men do":facepalm:
But this also serves to excuse them when they harass women because "boys with be boys"
Also I find this men are wimps thing to be mainly reinforced by other males who think it is insulting for a man to "act like a woman" because women are inferior and weak.

Me Myself

Back to my username
More women are battered than men, and women are more likely to die from being battered than a man.
Breadwinners: as opposed to women doing boring domestic chores and wiping kids arses all day, and being isolated from adult contact?

The statistics vary from place to place. In some you have it almost be 50% 50%

ABout breadwinners I already said it, they were both oppressed. The man wouldnt be able to be the house husband and was forced to be the sole source of income, often disregarding carreers they actually wanted to do s they did stuff that could suppor tthe whole family. It's not a competition.

I dont get the who is the bigger victim mentality to justify abuse.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

I am sorry you experienced that.

You aren't a "pig head".

And you aren't "dumb" or "stupid".

Me Myself

Back to my username
Your "cries" fall on deaf ears to me when you try and compare men being "raped ' by women to women being raped by men.Its not that it doesn't happen.But 1 in 3 females being raped by men is not the same as 1 in 5 males being raped and most of those are raped by men.

to whom are you speaking to? :confused:

Wherenextcolumbus

The statistics vary from place to place. In some you have it almost be 50% 50%

ABout breadwinners I already said it, they were both oppressed. The man wouldnt be able to be the house husband and was forced to be the sole source of income, often disregarding carreers they actually wanted to do s they did stuff that could suppor tthe whole family. It's not a competition.

I dont get the who is the bigger victim mentality to justify abuse.
Also that is more of a middle/upper class issue, working class women have always had to work at least part time.

Wherenextcolumbus

Black people had it worst, so obviously women werent oppressed anyways.
Black women are also women they are oppressed because of their race and sex.
White women are oppressed because of their sex.
If we are going to compare a white woman with a black man, they both belong to oppressed groups.
Men do not belong to an oppressed group.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Black women are also women they are oppressed because of their race and sex.
White women are oppressed because of their sex.
If we are going to compare a white woman with a black man, they both belong to oppressed groups.
Men do not belong to an oppressed group.

saying a group is either oppressed or not is black and white brushing that is rarely accurate or helpful.

Most groups denominations and characteristics suffer both privileges and abuses.

Wherenextcolumbus

saying a group is either oppressed or not is black and white brushing that is rarely accurate or helpful.

Most groups denominations and characteristics suffer both privileges and abuses.
and this is coming from someone who says, black people had it worse so women were not oppressed, totally not recognising black women as women and having a similar but also different experiences from black men, because they are black and also women.
I wasn't being black and white, I said men suffer from consequences because of patriarchy, but they are not the targeted group for sexism.

Me Myself

Back to my username
and this is coming from someone who says, black people had it worse so women were not oppressed, totally not recognising black women as women and having a similar but also different experiences from black men, because they are black and also women.
I wasn't being black and white, I said men suffer from consequences because of patriarchy, but they are not the targeted group for sexism.

You said sexism against men does not reinforce "oppresion"

Call it how you may, sexism is sexism, no free passes should be given and we have all been discriminated against here and there for one cause or another. There is always going to be someone who had it worst. I am lucky I am not of the men who had to go to war and kill other men of an adversary country against their will and had their friends killed and maimed before their eyes.

The thing is that sexism hurts us all, some more than other, some parts of the group more than other parts of the group, but we shouldnt be looking at us as such divisions, that is exactly the problem.

Looking at us as "we" and "them" is the problem. We need to stop this.