• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Nobody in their right mind is ever gonna tell a guy like ignition they've been sexually assaulted, given the jaw-droppingly ignorant attitude toward rape he so proudly struts around with, instantly assuming it's always the victim's fault.

An all too common attitude.

Alceste

Vagabond
An all too common attitude.

Sad but true. I haven't got a scrap of that kind of nonsense left anywhere in my psychology, and I'm a good, non-judgmental listener, compassionate and supportive, and it still took many of my friends years to open up to me about their sexual assault stories. Revictimization is a powerful disincentive.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Sad but true. I haven't got a scrap of that kind of nonsense left anywhere in my psychology, and I'm a good, non-judgmental listener, compassionate and supportive, and it still took many of my friends years to open up to me about their sexual assault stories. Revictimization is a powerful disincentive.

I find it difficult to even watch or hear assult scenes in movies and tv shows, the images haunt me for the next few days.

ignition

Well there you go, so we know it is different when women have contempt for men, as opposed to men having contempt for women, when men have contempt for women it reinforces our every day sexism, our everyday oppression.
Women are an oppressed group men are not
I think it's safe to say you have clear double standards and sexist views. Your sig doesn't help either. I agree with Me Myself.

Alceste

Vagabond
I find it difficult to even watch or hear assult scenes in movies and tv shows, the images haunt me for the next few days.

Me too! I'm so sick of it, but women are either murdered, raped or menaced with threats of rape in half the movies Hollywood comes up with, it feels like. It annoys the **** out of me.

Alceste

Vagabond
I think it's safe to say you have clear double standards and sexist views. Your sig doesn't help either. I agree with Me Myself.

Whatever, doll. Just make sure you keep yourself covered up and don't stay out late, drink too much or talk to strangers. You don't want to get gang raped by a bunch of men, so don't be stupid.

ignition

To see ignition, of all people, say someone else has sexist views...I think my head just exploded from the pure irony radiation.
If you want to say something about me, then direct it to me, quote me, don't be a coward. You've done this before and it is not even allowed on this forum.

ignition

Whatever, doll. Just make sure you keep yourself covered up and don't stay out late, drink too much or talk to strangers. You don't want to get gang raped by a bunch of men, so don't be stupid.
Doll? Ad-hom much? Keep it up and you will be reported. And yes, my initial post was correct.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Doll? Ad-hom much? Keep it up and you will be reported. And yes, my initial post was correct.

I read it her response as sarcasm tbh, in response to what looked to be a dismissive attitude toward two participants in this thread when discussing peer group work or individual recovery from surviving rape. You have not answered my question from earlier either. I was asking if you could clarify your position better because I don't want to misrepresent your views: are you suggesting that survivors somehow brought it on themselves, even partially, or even on occasion? You also have been very confrontational to two women regarding their authenticity in coping with a violent crime.

FWIW, I bring this up fully cognizant of any triggers that might be brought up as a result of any further dialogue, and I am in full support of Dallas and her journey to recovery, including other survivors who might be lurking or who have not shared this part of his or her history.

Wherenextcolumbus

Also some victims don't even recover, some one very close to me had a break down about 15 years ago because of her childhood rape from 4 years old, she still has not recovered.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yeah sure. I'm going to let the mods deal with it, especially as it was said twice. If they think it's fine to refer to people as such then yeah, I'll happily play along.

Staff makes decisions based on consensus. In the meantime, would you please answer my question from earlier to clarify your position on anyone who is a survivor of rape that have brought it on themselves. I take your earlier position to be that you don't believe the dialogue coming from survivors advocacy counseling and statistics, and that you believe that victims bring it on to themselves, even if partially or even if on occasion.

I ask because I don't want to misrepresent your position, and would like to continue the debate with clarity.

ignition

Staff makes decisions based on consensus. In the meantime, would you please answer my question from earlier to clarify your position on anyone who is a survivor of rape that have brought it on themselves. I take your earlier position to be that you don't believe the dialogue coming from survivors advocacy counseling and statistics, and that you believe that victims bring it on to themselves, even if partially or even if on occasion.

I ask because I don't want to misrepresent your position, and would like to continue the debate with clarity.
I never said staff don't make decisions on consensus -_-

I really couldn't care less how you interpreted my words. It's not at the top of my list of priorities to have my words understood properly by you. If you want to continue to debate, be my guest but I'm not interested. What I said isn't up for debate in my opinion take it or leave it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If you want to say something about me, then direct it to me, quote me, don't be a coward. You've done this before and it is not even allowed on this forum.

I don't think that was hiding or being cowardly. I posted right under you and used your name and I think anyone can go back and see how you post. It is ironic that you say someone else has sexist views. I'll say that. You want to report me for it, go ahead. What? You're allowed to call someone out for sexism but I'm not allowed to call out your sexism?

ignition

I don't think that was hiding or being cowardly. I posted right under you and used your name and I think anyone can go back and see how you post. It is ironic that you say someone else has sexist views. I'll say that. You want to report me for it, go ahead. What? You're allowed to call someone out for sexism but I'm not allowed to call out your sexism?
Don't divert the subject. This isn't about your claim that I'm sexist. This is about you continuing to post about me without quoting me, something that is against the rules. I don't care about your ridiculous assertion that I'm sexist. In fact, it says a lot about you, bending over backwards to support blatantly sexist posts.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Also some victims don't even recover, some one very close to me had a break down about 15 years ago because of her childhood rape from 4 years old, she still has not recovered.

PTSD left untreated or undiagnosed/misdiagnosed is devastating. Soldiers who return from combat have been known to avoid large malls and box stores because of the open spaces with no cover, and they have been known to refuse to go to see fireworks on U.S. 4th of July celebrations because of the sights and booming noises. Too many triggers.

It's much the same with rape survivors. I once worked with a woman attorney who was repeatedly drugged by her law partner, and leaving her oblivious to how she wound up being gang raped by a small group of men. She was gaslighted to the extreme, waking up amidst being raped, and then dropped off at her home telling her she was imagining things. She endured that for well over 6 months if the records were correct, but she wound up moving a couple hundred miles away closer to family with the help of the FBI and local law enforcement, and changing her name so she couldn't be found. The authorities had been attempting a sting operation to infiltrate this ring because she was not the only one being prostituted out without being fully cognizant of what was going on, and it was an underground illicit drug ring as well.

She couldn't be in the same room with other people with bare feet. She could be alone bare-footed, but anywhere else where she's inside somewhere and more than one person because barefoot, she starts to panic. Again, plenty of cognitive behavioral therapy techniques help her to cope, and especially if someone is there to guide her back to what she's seeing, sensing, hearing, feeling right there at that moment, and not what was happening many moons ago.