• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Republicans oppose Reproductive Freedom for Women.

Do you support access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion rights and contraception.

• Total voters

danieldemol

Premium Member
What I kill isn't and will never be human. So your point?
Why would Wether it's human be the deciding factor as opposed to whether it has conscious awareness of pain? I believe the side using reason and compassion is not the side that wants to label a clump of cells similar to the "human" cells you would kill if you had your appendix removed as being a "killer" of a "human".

We Never Know

No Slack
Why would Wether it's human be the deciding factor as opposed to whether it has conscious awareness of pain?
What I kill isn't and will never be human. There is nothing human about it. Not one part.

How do you know fruits and veggies don't have a level of conscious that we yet don't understand.
Plants and trees are aware of their environment. Studies have shown that.

I believe the side using reason and compassion is not the side that wants to label a clump of cells similar to the "human" cells you would kill if you had your appendix removed as being a "killer" of a "human".
Irrelevant.

We Never Know

No Slack
Why would Wether it's human be the deciding factor as opposed to whether it has conscious awareness of pain? I believe the side using reason and compassion is not the side that wants to label a clump of cells similar to the "human" cells you would kill if you had your appendix removed as being a "killer" of a "human".
Technically you and I are just a clump of cells.

We Never Know

No Slack
We are a sentient clump of cells with conscious awareness of pain and in my view that makes all the difference.

What about plants?

"recent experiments suggest plants may have the ability to learn and make decisions."

"Today, extensive research confirms that plants possess human-level intelligence and consciousness beyond that. They can feel pain and interact with the environment in sophisticated ways. Plants can communicate through unique songs and chatter in an ultrasound range, not audible to the human ear"

"No longer can we think of plants as passive or inert; they are continually sensing and responding to their environments"

You can also google the smell of fresh cut grass is a warning. Or crown shyness in trees.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
What about plants?

"recent experiments suggest plants may have the ability to learn and make decisions."

"Today, extensive research confirms that plants possess human-level intelligence and consciousness beyond that. They can feel pain and interact with the environment in sophisticated ways. Plants can communicate through unique songs and chatter in an ultrasound range, not audible to the human ear"

"No longer can we think of plants as passive or inert; they are continually sensing and responding to their environments"
How would this apply to the clump of cells affected by for example the morning after pill?

We Never Know

No Slack
How would this apply to the clump of cells affected by for example the morning after pill?
I have no problem with the morning after pill. I think it should be available for free. I don't consider that an abortion. Its later abortions that I don't care for.

As for what my post has to do with...
As I said earlier about plants being more than what we think.

What I kill isn't and will never be human. There is nothing human about it. Not one part.

How do you know fruits and veggies don't have a level of conscious that we yet don't understand.
Plants and trees are aware of their environment. Studies have shown that.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I have no problem with the morning after pill. I think it should be available for free.
Good, but what the morning after pill kills is "human"
I don't consider that an abortion.
So would you do nothing to prevent theocrats who do consider that an abortion from sentencing users of the morning after pill to death? Thats the kind of people I would vote against even coming to power in the first place.
Its later abortions that I don't care for.
What is the line in the sand for you?
As for what my post has to do with...
As I said earlier about plants being more than what we think.
Ok

We Never Know

No Slack
Change of course...

Let me tell you a true story...

Back when I was in my late teens I knew a girl who by 19 had four kids and was pregnant with a fifth. She never practiced safe sex but also would not have an abortion. She and all of her kids were on welfare. All of her kids had different dads. The state made her get a hysterectomy after he fifth child was born.

What are your thoughts on that.

We Never Know

No Slack
Good, but what the morning after pill kills is "human"

So would you do nothing to prevent theocrats who do consider that an abortion from sentencing users of the morning after pill to death? Thats the kind of people I would vote against even coming to power in the first place.

What is the line in the sand for you?

Ok
Put it this way....

I have known a few people and heard of others who had funerals and or burials for abortions and/or miscarriages of around 8-10 weeks old fetuses. So that alone says a lot to me.

But to you this isn't human.

IMG_20240714_020121.jpg

danieldemol

Premium Member
Change of course...
I'm not sure what you mean, please elaborate.
Let me tell you a true story...

Back when I was in my late teens I knew a girl who by 19 had four kids and was pregnant with a fifth. She never practiced safe sex but also would not have an abortion. She and all of her kids were on welfare. All of her kids had different dads. The state made her get a hysterectomy after he fifth child was born.

What are your thoughts on that.
My thoughts are that it appears irrelevant and I didn't know the state intervenes in these matters, so a citation of some sort would be helpful.

As for the having different dads I see no reason why it makes a difference. If she had 5 of welfare kids to one father I would syspect she is transgressing the social contract through either greed for more kids or a religious delusion that contraceptives are sinful.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm not sure what you mean, please elaborate.

The story was the change of course.
My thoughts are that it appears irrelevant and I didn't know the state intervenes in these matters, so a citation of some sort would be helpful.

It was over 45 years ago. I doubt I could find a citation.
As for the having different dads I see no reason why it makes a difference. If she had 5 of welfare kids to one father I would syspect she is transgressing the social contract through either greed for more kids or a religious delusion that contraceptives are sinful.

Really? So a young teen having five kids with five different fathers isn't alarming to you?